Football Lingo/Sayings That Annoy You

Remove this Banner Ad

"That's as good as it gets!" Said by Dwayne every time a goal is kicked in general play.
"Clean set of wheels/heels". Just **** this one right off, it's neither smart nor funny.

Not just in the football realm either, overused in general.

Early doors

What the **** is an early door?
images

The over use of the word "Narrative" annoys me, what ever happened to statement, report, account or description?
Following on from political commentators who constantly use the word "Narrative" Now we have every 2nd footy scribe, commentator and public nuisance using the word "Narrative" (Yes Gary Lyon i'm pointing the arrow at you)

The other one is Gil saying "Our Industry" This is where the disconnect begins with fans, Gil should be saying "Our Game" Not "Our Industry" or "Our Product", that's just corporate gobbledygook. Talk to the fans Gil, so they can understand what the hell you're talking about!

The product is the game Gil, just bloody well say so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loathe when someone mentions "chocolates", as in, the Hawks took home the chocolates or Sydney should get the chocolates. I think i hear it every week moreso on radio.

Why the F**k are teams bringing home chocolates and why the F**k would they care about playing for Chocolates, And what type of chocolates are they anyway? Are we talking about Red Tulip Easter eggs or a whittakers hazelnut slab?

And what about games in Brisbane and Perth? These so called chocolates would melt and be rendered useless anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Lingo/Sayings That Annoy You

Remove this Banner Ad

Back