Footballers who were disloyal and chased the almighty dollar

Remove this Banner Ad

we're really scratching the barrel here. To be honest, its been a great thing in our game that so few players actually leave for money alone.. the reasons are usually to return home, form, new environment etc..

when you look at other games like american sports, european soccer e.g EPL or even our own rugby codes then you realize how lucky we've been..

Fev always suprises tho ;-)

Fevola will join this list.

Choco Williams, Geoff Raines, Mike Richardson, Peter Moore, Greg Williams, David Rhys Jones, Davis Cloke, Bryan Taylor, Roger Merritt, Brad Hardie, Phil Carman, Ken Judge and Phillip Walsh.

Nowdays

1. Judd
2. Nathan Brown (has anyone said him yet?)
3. Peter Everitt

...seem to be the worse culprits.

buckley always wanted to play at collingwood he was drafted to brisbane and always was only going to be there one year not about money at all.
also when port came in they threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and he stayed at the pies. shows how much you know
No he didn't.

We wanted to play in Melbourne and was actually a Demons supporter.

The pies just offered a more suitable trade and chased harder than other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Williams deserted the Cats for the dollars in Sydney then was lured by the Carlton cheque book and a mansion in Kew. One of the great mercenaries of the game.

Rhys Jones couldn't get to Sydney quick enough for the dollars and The Cross, then got mesmerised by the grubby Carlton cheque book. But I heard it was the extra slab a game that got him over the line. Throw in a drinking mate in Jimmy Buckley and it was paradise revisited.

Sorry i didnt realise that unlike me, you were privvy to all the details of contracts offered to Chris when he made up his mind... I'll just take your word for it.

That's right if you're guilty of one crime you're guilty of all of them and would obviously be plotting your next scheme against morality and justice.

Of course no other team would 'tank' would they? Carlton is probably the only team ever to do it as far as I can tell, I mean there was even the proof the Libba provided us with too

I never suggested that Carlton is the only team to tank, just that the clubs culture would support such an act. Pratt clearly supports such a culture being a price fixing scoundrel.

From another era
Graham Teasdale
Kelvin Templeton
Peter Moore

D Jacobs was mentioned earlier. He left for what he was worth. You couldnt get what you were worth at Ess when both LLoyd and Hird were there taking up 85% of the cap.

Jade Rawlings. Still cannot fathom why the Dogs were sucked into that one.

Fabian Francis is the best example of a guy being so greedy that it ended his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian
I believe that the "loyalty" question is now passe in the AFL, for both players & clubs[snip]

I pretty much feel that players need to look after themselves first & foremost, and that clubs have to be run as a business, hence the emotional decisions, once part of our game, are no longer possible.

Matthew Richardson. Always exceptions.

Put Robert Harvey, Nathan Burke and Stewart Loewe in there as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footballers who were disloyal and chased the almighty dollar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back