Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Akers going to come out the other end looking better than Brad Johnson.

All Im hearing on the news is how Johnson turned the players against
Aker - about his book release and ragging certain players out.
Now that Aker is strongly voicing that had no intentions of doing
that, it now looks that Brad Johnson had ulterior motives.

Dogs will be dogs.

Keep your chin up Aker, you got the runs on the board.

What is Johnson so worried about? What has he got to hide? Would have thought he was a clean skin but obviously something has scared the shit out of him.

Youd hole that Rocket would be getting payback from the litte precious ones.

OK we sack him but you guys need to prove you are as good as you think you are (without aker)

2 wins less without aker in the last two years I reckon - in fact this season ahs proven this already

If they fail again then try to blame Aker "I'll spew up!!!!"

Did anyone hear what Rohan Smith said about Aker?

I thought that was an extremely disrespectful thing to say about a bloke who took a pay cut to help your shitty club win a premiership, Rohan. Something you didn't manage to achieve.

Don't have one unfortunately. He said it on Fox's AFL teams last night. He asked the panel "What will Aker be remembered for now?" And then answered his own question by saying "I think it'll be for being sacked by two clubs."

Aker must be having some repetitive "et tu, brute" moments of late.

Poor bastard doesn't deserve crap like that.

What were you expecting when you started this thread? As Cam said tonight, we have been in much worse conditions that this - and we have survived. Aker, is a narcissistic sociopath, who thrives on creating division, and by starting this thread you are buying into it.
I am not buying into it and either are the leaders of our club. If the opposition supporters are so upset for Aker, why did they always boo him at games, and hey he is out of contract now - why don't they go and rescue the poor 'victim' and get him to their club?

The perfect way to sum up one J.Akermanis.

Dogs did the right thing imo.

I love how all the amateur psychologists are coming out with stuff like this.
Kinda like how half of Big Footy posters turn into lawyers when a fooballer breaks the law. Funny stuff. :thumbsu:

'self love'....doesn't that describe Aker's personality perfectly?

Don't have one unfortunately. He said it on Fox's AFL teams last night. He asked the panel "What will Aker be remembered for now?" And then answered his own question by saying "I think it'll be for being sacked by two clubs."

Nah Smith, I'll remember the best balanced footballer I have seen apart from Daics. A bloke who can run at extreme speed and kick on either foot with supreme accuracy. 4 time AA, Brownlow, 3 premierships, 325 games.

Makes a bloke like Smith look like a hack. Yeah he had a big mouth but boy could he play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have supported the FFC since i was born, i have an old 80s logo tat on my arm and red white and blue in my blood. We as a club have had many dramas over the times but for the last 10 years we have been pretty stable.

BUT Do not have any doubts the football club is in meltdown. I do not blame Aker for this, sure he has caused a drama or 3 but this is what you get with Aker.

Past players are fighting with other past players on this issue, current players are fighting current players not to mention the in fighting with in the clubs own board.

So the question i put to you the AFL general public is what should be the clubs move from a outsiders point of view? What should we Footscray Fans expect? I created a thread on the Dogs board calling for Smorgon to be sacked due to a few key issues at the club and it seems like most disagree with this so id like to see the independent thought on this.

Hand the keys into the AFL.

Nah Smith, I'll remember the best balanced footballer I have seen apart from Daics. A bloke who can run at extreme speed and kick on either foot with supreme accuracy. 4 time AA, Brownlow, 3 premierships, 325 games.

Makes a bloke like Smith look like a hack. Yeah he had a big mouth but boy could he play.

Sounds about right to me.

Smith??? (I hate this but I will use it this time) lol.

Chuck in Mark Mercuri there as well...

In a few weeks all will be forgotten and Aker behind us.

On form, he doesnt deserve a game.

The playing group / board etc made the decision, it will make us stronger.

Im backing the club over some open-mouthed fool.

And Brad "the Knife" deserves to be playing on his current form?

Agree with this. Loved the call Aker made about Smith, it's so true. Aker was a gun, I still remember how much it hurt seeing his late snap goal that pretty much won the Lions the 02 granny; it hurt but he was a class above.

I thought he was brilliant last night but also special mention to the Bulldogs CEO Rose, that was gutsy on his behalf.

I still hope they make the finals and somehow manage to play us just so we can beat em again!!

So aker playing ok due to injury is acceptable but johnson who has played better and is also playing injured get's ignored? Ok buddy.

Big game player who hasn't performed for the dogs in the finals while johnson did. Aker 0 in the prem last yr and 0 in the yr before. Atleast johnson could kick goals.

I would still rather play a Bulldogs outfit with Johnno in the side, and not Aker.

And tell me, what Bulldog players stepped up and won a Final of any significance the last two years.

The answer is no one as you haven't made the GF.

kama is a bitch.... and you just know that johnson in the prelim will have a shot after the siren to win the game, he'll **** it up and everyone will say Aker would have kicked it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray Football Club in meltdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back