Game Day Footscray v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we are very much the underdogs here with all the pressure on us. Interesting to see how we handle it.
Surely there is more pressure on Footscray this week as they are in danger of dropping out of the top four if they lose - something that was unthinkable a few weeks ago.

For Port, the result this week probably doesn't make that much difference. An extra home final is nice but the benefit is probably marginal at best, given our respective home and away records this year.

For what it's worth, I wore my John Butcher player issue 2013 clash jumper to bed last night.

This means we will win. We have the right energies 🙏

The one matchup where our natural bombing into the forward line may work out ok.

Big opportunity today to lay our stake for a flag tilt. I want to see Kern behave like the angry ant he once was in the box.

X back in the side on the wing just fills me with confidence their wingers don't get off the leash with run and carry.

Rozee and Butters to be the game breakers.

Pear by 23pts.

This is critical. We can't play it down. If we are serious we must win this if we are to have any hope of a flag.

We all know how suspect we are against the top teams and we're going to need to host 2 home finals to give us a shot of getting to the big dance, and after a whole year of fumbling and bumbling along we're in a position to Bradbury into the top 2.

But more importantly than any of that, if we're going to believe as a club, supporters, members, players and coaches, we need to get a key victory like this to consolidate our momentum and make a statement.

Win, just win!

Bulldogs by 11.

how disappointing will it be if we lose in an easy fashion of simply not being hard enough at the ball, to think 10 years of Hinkley and this is all we have
Let's be smarter at the ball. When they're flipping it around from stoppages let's go man on man.

Can't recall who beat them this year but one commentator said it was done by NOT having 2 or more oppo players sucked in to ball chasing

thereby leaving free options for them to give off to and spread from there.

WE CAN WIN THIS and dare I say it, look good n organised doing it. Oh and btw f**k Weightman.

Carn Ports. It's a big stage boys so do the club proud.

So this will be a game between a team that hasn't scored a goal in its last one and a half quarters of football and a team that hasn't conceded a goal in its last two and a half quarters of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is critical......

Win, just win!

Bulldogs by 11.
Had to chuckle at that.

I agree ... this is a Finals dress rehearsal. So much is on the line besides the 4 points.

Win, and we silence the critics, and set ourselves up for a great finals tilt
Lose, and although it wont be the end of the world, it will be pretty damned close!

Lose, and although it wont be the end of the world, it will be pretty damned close!
Yep, I remember posting after losing to Geelong that realistically I thought we could run through the rest of our draw winning out, and it still wouldn't matter to me in terms of giving me any confidence, unless we had beaten the Dogs and Dees. I haven't been like many getting excited on a week to week basis. We've been burnt so much it was clear that those other games meant jack. Games like this are where you earn your cred so the boys need to step up and make tonight count.

We've failed in one test so far in the back half of the year and hey you can deal with that given our injuries, but we're up and about now. There are simply put 'no excuses' tonight with so much to play for and a good side in. We must beat the Dogs for our own self belief, but for me more importantly win tonight and I'll personally start to get my hopes up and believe that we are a shot. Until then I wont believe that we are actually a contender.

You know what **** it. We havent had a blitz first quarter like we did against hawks a few years back or against richmond in the elimination final. All our guns are back fit (no injuries pls) and firing. Dogs have Lewis flipping Young as their CHF ffs against the fullback of the century Aliir (i know calm down just trying to pump you all up). The second coming of the almighty is happening tomorrow.

Lets
flipping
GO

Port by 48......

......at quarter time then dogs to claw it back under 10 by full time, we kick something like 4 goals for the rest of the game and just hold on for a famous **** you media we finally beat a top 8 team win

im just haunted by 2007. massive big win the last round of the season only to collapse to the same team 3 weeks later.

Have been thinking about this too.

We badly need a win against a top 4 side but history has shown a fair few times, beating a team in the week or two before finals is usually a curse if you face them again in finals.

I don't mind if we lose given no finals will be in Melbourne the first 2 weeks anyway, just don't want us to get flogged.

Geelong is the team I really want to play and looks like if we lose and Geelong win we will play them week 1 of finals. If we win and they lose we will play Geelong.

If we lose and Geelong lose, we will play Melbourne (or Bulldogs again if Geelong lose by more than us). If we win and Geelong win also though we'll play Brisbane or Melbourne (depending on percentage).

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Footscray v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back