Footy tonight - hawks onballers

Remove this Banner Ad

roy47

Rookie
Mar 8, 2007
Nantucket
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do the hawks have one of the best midfields around?

Crawford, Mitchell and Hodge with plenty of depth behind them

Franklin will get more chances than the Fev so i rekon the hawks by 6 - 10 scoring shots.

There are some big doubts about Croad, Boyle and Hodge for tonights game and if they all miss I think the Hawks will struggle.

If they all come up then I agree, the Hawk midfield should give the Hawks forward line enough supply to get them over the line.

Should be a great match as Carlton are playing very good footy ATM.

There are some big doubts about Croad, Boyle and Hodge for tonights game and if they all miss I think the Hawks will struggle.

If they all come up then I agree, the Hawk midfield should give the Hawks forward line enough supply to get them over the line.

Should be a great match as Carlton are playing very good footy ATM.
if there are big injury doubts on both boyle and croad i hope they both play.

Yer im not sure but i think i might rather Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Cox. But you Might you still want hodge(HACK) Mitchell(HAck) Carwford(OLD HACK).

Well that side beat my side pretty comfortably so I would say they arent "hacks" as you state. :thumbsu:

Hodge Mitchell Crawf are great players, no doubt. But you can please explain the depth part?

I'd argue Jordan Lewis, Ben McGlynn and Joel Smith if need be are handy replacements to have when the aforementioned players aren't all in the middle. Not to mention a few younger players coming through that we haven't seen a lot of yet, namely Xavier Ellis and Beau Muston.

Then of course you've got Brad Sewell who has been in All-Australian form this year, and is arguably one of the competition's premier stoppers.

We're not at West Coast's level when they're at full strength, but when your fourth best midfielder (Jordan Lewis) is averaging 25+ possessions a week, I'd say midfield depth isn't a big issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer im not sure but i think i might rather Judd, Kerr, Cousins, Cox. But you Might you still want hodge(HACK) Mitchell(HAck) Carwford(OLD HACK).

Well supported argument :)

I don't think you'll find many people to back you up on that one.

Hawks midfield is one of the best, carlton will have to shake things up if they are to contain mitchell, hodge, crawford, lewis. I would expect walker to do a tagging job.

Do the hawks have one of the best midfields around?

Not if the statistics are anything to go by

Clearances
Geelong 1st
West Coast 6th
Hawthorn 13th

Contested Possessions
West Coast 2nd
Geelong 3rd
Hawthorn 16th

Hard-Ball Gets
Geelong 4th
West Coast 5th
Hawthorn 16th

So, basically Hawthorn's midfield are OK when getting cheap, free possessions. Put some pressure on them, and they're stuffed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy tonight - hawks onballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back