Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Mention of Barlow for some reason has reminded me of that game Palmer broke Barlow's leg in 2010, was anyone else there at the game? Gave the thumbs up as he was stretchered off, what a champ. He was having a brilliant year too, took him a couple of years to get back to his best. Congrats to him on his marriage, I'll always have a soft spot for Micky

Mention of Barlow for some reason has reminded me of that game Palmer broke Barlow's leg in 2010, was anyone else there at the game? Gave the thumbs up as he was stretchered off, what a champ. He was having a brilliant year too, took him a couple of years to get back to his best. Congrats to him on his marriage, I'll always have a soft spot for Micky
First live game I ever went to......

I have never been at a game with such a sudden change in mood.
It was horrible

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mundy is apparently flying east occasionally with the media contingent for special comments on radio for some of our games.
While he is over for the weekend he hopes to play a few games for his old local club. Otherwise Perth based.
Hats off to the bloke for giving back to his local club even when living on the other side of the country !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

David Mundy signs with Seymour for next season in major coup for Goulburn Valley league​

One of the AFL’s most respected footballers of the last decade will return to his junior club for next season in an early Christmas present for supporters. Here’s what we know.

Shane Jones

2 min read
December 20, 2023 - 8:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Seymour’s favourite son will be back where his career originally began next year.

The Lions have announced former Fremantle midfielder David Mundy will come out of retirement to play at the club.
Born and bred in Seymour the 376-game AFL player played for the Lions as a junior before he moved to the Murray Bushrangers and went on to play for the Dockers.
Mundy played the most games ever for Fremantle and won a best and fairest in 2010 and was named in the All Australian team in 2016.
He returns after having a year off but played one game for Carngham Linton in the Central Highlands as part of the Carlton Draft.
Former Fremantle player [PLAYERCARD]David Mundy[/PLAYERCARD] is heading back home to Seymour next year. Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Former Fremantle player David Mundy is heading back home to Seymour next year. Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images

It will be the first time he’s put on Lions colours in more than 20 years since playing in under-16 and the club is wrapped to have him back.
“It’s an amazing signing for the club and we can’t wait to see Dave back at Kings Park where it all began,” Seymour president Gerard O’Sullivan said.
“Dave is an incredibly humble person and has made it clear for a while his desire to come back to Seymour and get back to country footy.
“Having one of the most experienced footballers in the history of the game trotting round in the GVL is going to be a great boost for our club and the competition more broadly.”
Mundy is expected to play the minimum amount of games to qualify for finals if the Lions make it.
How many games he will be involved in exactly depends on the fixture and his family commitments as he is still based in Western Australia.
But Seymour is confident he’ll make a major impact on a team who is intent on bouncing back after being eliminated in straight sets from the finals last season.
“We’ve got a great young side with plenty of room to improve after a bit of a disappointing finals series last year,” O’Sullivan said.
“Mundy will slide into our midfield nicely and will no doubt be passing on some important lessons to our boys.
“We’ve got some young players who already have VFL experience and it will be huge for their development to play alongside a legend of the game.
“There’s a really strong bond in our current team and an exciting vibe around the club.
“I’d encourage everyone to get around the Lions in 2024 in what will be a huge year for us.”
Mundy’s first game as a Lion could be against Tatura in the first round of the season on April 6.

Mundy is apparently flying east occasionally with the media contingent for special comments on radio for some of our games.
While he is over for the weekend he hopes to play a few games for his old local club. Otherwise Perth based.
Hats off to the bloke for giving back to his local club even when living on the other side of the country !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He must love flying.

I would have thought he would have been sick of it after playing.

But still heading east semi-regularly to be on radio.

You can run but the ruck will always find you, Lobb. Must be freaking out knowing he’s stuffed up forward with JUH, Naughton and Darcy developing..

Who knew that move wouldn’t be that easy..

View attachment 1883464

The Lobbster might find himself lucky with Darcy finding himself down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lobbster might find himself lucky with Darcy finding himself down back.
Even then, Lobb has no choice but ruck.
Had to play down back in a game last year. Obviously didn’t like it

Would actually push for Naughton to just be CHB and dominate. His goal kicking is suspect and it’s clear Bulldogs want to build around JUH

Even then, Lobb has no choice but ruck.
Had to play down back in a game last year. Obviously didn’t like it

Would actually push for Naughton to just be CHB and dominate. His goal kicking is suspect and it’s clear Bulldogs want to build around JUH
It's so obvious, isn't it.
Naughts could be an all time great back, but they'll settle for an ok-ish forward.

Darcy & Naughton back. JUH & Lobb forward. Can always swing Naughton forward if required for shock and awe.

It's so obvious, isn't it.
Naughts could be an all time great back, but they'll settle for an ok-ish forward.

Darcy & Naughton back. JUH & Lobb forward. Can always swing Naughton forward if required for shock and awe.
Very obvious.
Naughton’s goal kicking is suspect and goes missing too often.
Bulldogs would actually be very good having Naughton back ala McGovern/Sicily style.

Seeing your thoughts on Lobb, it makes me wonder if the GIANTS fans have the same thoughts.
well when lobb left us he sort of chucked the coach under the bus iirc along the lines of we didnt play him in the right position/way despite him having easily his best year ever with us that year lol so i think it was a bit different to wanting to come home from syd but wasnt really across his reasons back then

Seeing your thoughts on Lobb, it makes me wonder if the GIANTS fans have the same thoughts.
He used the Go Home argument. Got away with it then.

Honestly don’t get how he thought Bulldogs would be a career move, other than the money. Probably the worst team to have gone to in terms of depth and positional strength.

If he had any desire or heart, would’ve asked for a Melbourne trade with Jackson leaving. Would 100% back him to be perfect for Gawn, and Dees wouldn’t have Grundy.

Would also back Melbourne actually making prelims given how reliance the team was on Gawn in the ruck and having no back up/forward to accomodate.

Guess money talks and Lobb has a squirm of a manger in Colin Young to facilitate the trade with maximum dollars

Saw this on instagram comparing Aussie cricket team as footballers.

Khawaja was compared to Dave Mundy as he gets better the older he gets.

Marnus was compared to Ryan Crowley because he is a pest but great at what he does.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_130123_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_130123_Gallery.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 131

Remove this Banner Ad

Back