Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say regardless of how justified he feels in saying that - it's completely unnecessary and shows a lack of gratitude. Absolutely Hammer is entitled to get the best deal he can if Sydney have the better offer - it's just generally pretty unclassy to take a pot shot at your old club like that.

Compare to Sharp who (AFAIK) hasn't said anything negative about GC despite the fact they threw him in the proverbial bin when they caught wind he wanted to head home.

I can't bring myself to be as emotionally invested in these players or even get angry like some of you, I just can't. Players are going to leave and they're going to make silly comments, that's just life.

Getting angry about it isn't going to make any of us feel better. They're gone now.

Anyone reading that article with half a brain will see how many games he played in the last 3 years and put 2 and 2 together why we didn’t want to pay too much

Too add to that, paying a player like him for being injured is possibly one of the reasons we couldn’t afford to pay players like Acres a bit more

Anyone reading that article with half a brain will see how many games he played in the last 3 years and put 2 and 2 together why we didn’t want to pay too much

Too add to that, paying a player like him for being injured is possibly one of the reasons we couldn’t afford to pay players like Acres a bit more
Yep 6 games across 4 years is enough said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many years after leaving did Mark Johnson try get $ out of us?

I don't think many AFL clubs treat a guy that's played 6 games in three years any differently unless they're desperate for a best 22 KPD, which we weren't.

There's enough half decent 195+cm KPDs running around in the state leagues. They aren't as good as Hamling but they're on the list to play 4-5 games a year. As long as you aren't losing games because they're that poor who cares.

No issues with what he's saying but he's wrong. Hamling was one of the highest paid players on our list when he last re-signed and he barely played. We owe him nothing as a club tbh.

Check out this other interview he did with Sydney today “I just needed a fresh start.” Hamling

Hamling: “Yeah I just wanted to get out of Perth really”

Also Hamling, on the same day: “I never really wanted to leave Perth”

Also says that he wanted to get to Melbourne actually but no one was interested lol.
Ol' Uncle Colin strikes again.

We already know Sydney's offer wasn't even significantly more than ours, his contract wasn't enought to get a compo pick

Just a weird line to throw out
That'd hold significantly more weight if the compensation formula wasn't held under lock & key by AFL house. For all we know - he certainly qualified for some degree of late pick compensation.

Call me cynical, but I bet if it was a Collingwood veteran - they'd have extracted some sort of low level compo pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back