Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

If Griff was still on our list people would be complaining about us signing an injury prone player on that much money. I don't have a problem with him gone. Still yet to see what we get in return form him though, but it's now linked to Port's first.

North made sense for him in terms of him getting a game, and if that's his priority then Colon did well. If he wants any success in his career than definitely a poor choice. But different people value different things I guess. Sydney were also interested weren't they?

If Griff was still on our list people would be complaining about us signing an injury prone player on that much money. I don't have a problem with him gone. Still yet to see what we get in return form him though, but it's now linked to Port's first.

North made sense for him in terms of him getting a game, and if that's his priority then Colon did well. If he wants any success in his career than definitely a poor choice. But different people value different things I guess. Sydney were also interested weren't they?
Immediate success was a poor choice maybe but Griff signed a long term deal, blokes only 26, North have a tonne of talent.

North offered way more than anyone else though, so much that Young was pretty blunt about it on a podcast, Griff had to accept that deal, it sets him up for life.

Funnily enough Mckay ends up getting a similar deal at the Bombers, Griff was just ahead of his time I guess, would've been handy if he was a free agent in the end.

Saints fans seem to love Henry as thought he’s the second coming. I don’t get it at all. He’s played one good game vs Pies but other than that he’s been plain average. He disposal yesterday under the tiniest bit of pressure was poor
He excelled when fremantle put him in stoppages. Used his hands more and kicking. He’s not good at 1v1 contests or having to sprint, as he’s pretty slow.

excelled is a strong word. i don't really think you can say he excelled at anything while he was here.
I an Henry agnostic. I watched a good 1/2 of the Saints game last night and he was on balance rubbish. Couple of good plays balanced against some poor disposal and a lack of intent to attack the footy or the carrier.

Just from my own perception of responses on here and social media, would this be a fairly accurate list of how the general fanbase feels about our more recent departures?

Least Hurt
  • Lloyd Meek (everyone seems very happy for him)
  • Darcy Tucker (I don't think anyone feels anything for him, just indifference)
  • Griffin Logue (Sad he left but like the bloke)
  • Joel Hamling (Not getting picked so people don't really care)
  • Blake Acres (We stuffed him over pretty badly with contract talks but we could sure as hell use him right now)
  • Lachie Schultz (Definitely seems very divided, quite a few understood his decision to leave, some thought it was a cop out)
  • Liam Henry (Feels like a lot of people are very hurt by him leaving, could be due to many factors honestly)
  • Rory Lobb (This one feels pretty self explanatory)
Most Hurt

Just from my own perception of responses on here and social media, would this be a fairly accurate list of how the general fanbase feels about our more recent departures?

Least Hated
  • Blake Acres (We stuffed him over pretty badly with contract talks but we could sure as hell use him right now)
  • Lachie Schultz (Definitely seems very divided, quite a few understood his decision to leave, some thought it was a cop out)
  • Liam Henry (Feels like a lot of people are very hurt by him leaving, could be due to many factors honestly)
Most Hated
FTFY

Hurt is when someone you thought was heart and soul player and top 5 player in your team leaves out of nowhere, like both Lachies. No one is hurt about Lobb or Henry leaving. Otherwise the list is kinda spot on. Maybe switch Hamling and Logue.

Also think we’ve all moved on from Acres with Sharp coming in. Don’t think he’d add all that much to what we’ve got going on currently.

Least Hurt
Most Hurt
Not sure if it’s a “Hurt” scale, for me with Liam it’s a frustrated thing, the AFL literally changed the NGA rules after him, JUH and Taryn Thomas were all picked in the 1st round. We have since lost access to Motlop and Edwards but we don’t even have Henry because his manager is a campaigner and he’s an idiot.
Acres was very poor list management, finally rectified by now having Sharp.
Meek and Logue would have been very handy depth, particularly with the injuries we’ve had the last 12 months to Darcy, Cox and Chapman but I don’t think anyone could expect them to stick around waiting for injuries to happen.

We still haven't replaced the 2021-2023 version of Lachie Schultz.

As a team we're getting more goals from KPFs (Treacy in particular) and midfielders but it still doesn't feel like we've replaced him.

Perhaps Bailey Banfield but not sure he's quite there - with the above we have made up the difference as a team but having the Freo version of Schultz would probably mean we're top two.

We still haven't replaced the 2021-2023 version of Lachie Schultz.

As a team we're getting more goals from KPFs (Treacy in particular) and midfielders but it still doesn't feel like we've replaced him.

Perhaps Bailey Banfield but not sure he's quite there - with the above we have made up the difference as a team but having the Freo version of Schultz would probably mean we're top two.
Yeah but we’d also be top 2 if the umps didn’t hand Carlton the game, or if we were able to take a single mark to finish the Port game, or if sharps last shot hit the right part of his boot, or if OMac or Cox didn’t get injured in round 1. Or if Freddy and Switta weren’t injured for like 7 games combined.

He’d probably make us a better team playing over Emmett, but we’re still doing really well without him, and he’s not really that one thing that would take us up a level.

Yeah but we’d also be top 2 if the umps didn’t hand Carlton the game, or if we were able to take a single mark to finish the Port game, or if sharps last shot hit the right part of his boot, or if OMac or Cox didn’t get injured in round 1. Or if Freddy and Switta weren’t injured for like 7 games combined.

He’d probably make us a better team playing over Emmett, but we’re still doing really well without him, and he’s not really that one thing that would take us up a level.
None of those games in theory are that close with 2023 Schultz in the side imo. You'd think we win at least one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think this is a trade that's worked out well. when we're a few years away from the Hogan debacle then you'd probably be comfortable having faith in our trading. Tarrant, Jack Anthony, Sylvia are all a long way away, now.

Logue was pretty disappointing for the most part and seemed a bit lost. had a great 18 months and seemed assured and, weirdly, found a position as a player who doesn't have really have one. but they'll be the best 25 games he ever played. can't really blame him for taking the money either – it's a spineless move when you're a big name player and you're leaving for like, 180 grand more after tax and when you'll never have to work again on various boards, but Griffin Logue being offered what, 700 plus a year? hard to turn that down.

Reece Conca in a bit of hot water here:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back