Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys congrats on another premiership - wow that contract is scary - I can't possibly see this ending well for Sydney - they surely must be assuming the AFL won't let them fail and will eventually bail them out?

P.s When is Kennedy out of contract and FA? Would love to see you guys raid the Swans back!

The Swans have locked away mitchell, Kennedy and Hannebury for 2-3 years still. Jack is not going anywhere. the rest are getting a bit old. They have been smart about it (except half of the players will be major pissed off) signing up all their good players for unders this year before Buddy was contracted.

Off the rails is probably a poor choice of words. It suggests a Ben Cousins style flaming wreckage....

What I meant, which goes hand in hand with the attitude thing, is if he goes into an extended period of laconic cruise control.....

There is little chance of that.... he is already in training for his time in Sydney....
852892-84b85b88-4b1d-11e3-8ea1-0956ca5aa3f4.jpg

Just got my copy of Hawktalk and its clear that the hawks have gone to great lengths to exclude Buddy from most articles and photos. Apart from the front cover, the inside pages group photos shows buddies forehead and in others he is obscured. Even in the players farewell, no mention of buddy. Sends a clear message to me that they're pissed off. Once such a celebrated player he was for the Hawks and now practically disowned.

Just got my copy of Hawktalk and its clear that the hawks have gone to great lengths to exclude Buddy from most articles and photos. Apart from the front cover, the inside pages group photos shows buddies forehead and in others he is obscured. Even in the players farewell, no mention of buddy. Sends a clear message to me that they're pissed off. Once such a celebrated player he was for the Hawks and now practically disowned.

Anyone who leaves the club who made him, for no other reason to be with his flog mates, (could accept returning home to family), should be disowned.

Good to read the article on the AFL with Pickering

Pickering: "If you think you're going to Sydney to escape media, then it's not going to be the case."

But you said when he signed the contract that he signed it to leave the melbourne fishbowl?

left the Melbourne fishbowl to jump in the Sydney shark tank

Got mine today also..
I thought the same JH about Franklin's "exclusion" from the photos in particular. I wonder if the club went to the photographers and intentionally chose photos that didn't clearly show him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to read the article on the AFL with Pickering

Pickering: "If you think you're going to Sydney to escape media, then it's not going to be the case."

But you said when he signed the contract that he signed it to leave the melbourne fishbowl?
He's disappeared up his own bum on this whole buddy thing. Got the job done (congrats) but has cost him a bit of credibility.

The only thing the HFC are upset about is the slap in the face by the AFL... Hawthorn received pick 19 for losing Franklin to Sydney on the biggest deal ever in the history of AFL a nine-year $10 million contract, and the fact their premiership celebrations were hijacked by the furore:mad:

4987156-3x2-940x627.jpg

Anyone who leaves the club who made him, for no other reason to be with his flog mates, (could accept returning home to family), should be disowned.

That's way this is my favourite 2013 Premiership Team picture, because his head is not visible.. ALWAYS HAWTHORN

Hawks-205-20130928191731142969-620x414.jpg
.....LOYALTY....
P2duedate.jpg

Gee that's generous, umpires never pay in the back for soft little taps or nudges like that, this happens most games. He simply didn't have the awareness and strength to stay up.

He didn't lose us that much though, many reasons why we lost that.

Soft push-in-the-back free for a soft 50m penalty free...

Anyway, 2012 is history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back