Franks for the memories. Things don't always go well with COLA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the living away from the fish bowl

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...s-king-of-sydney/story-fni5f22o-1226758257720

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...anklin-on-notice/story-fni5f22o-1226757562426

I've always said that I don't think people appreciate how much time the hawks had to put in to "protecting" buddy
Let's see how that bloods culture tames the beast because it would appear the media in Sydney won't be doing favors

Oh yeah. I'm lovin' that first article. Nails it perfectly fron a Sydney perspective. No way the Bud will sustain his composure under that constant scrutiny and pressure.

"Franklin wins the lifestyle he thinks he wants. AFL wins exposure in NSW. Sydney wins a top-10 player with no 'cost'. Hawthorn.....well we should be used to the AFL's treatment by now". - Simon Nesbit.

It's okay to say it Simon.....Lets bring it out of consciousness & into the light....We Got Shafted, Doubled over & copped It From Both Ends....There Said IT!:eek:

Surely we know by now what to expect from Vlad and his cohorts. What surprises me most is that some of our supporters seem surprised by the result. As I said in an earlier post, I believe the AFL could have conspired with Pickering in an effort to get Buddy to Sydney for promotional reasons. However, Pickering and probably Buddy also, snookered the AFL by going to the Swans instead of GWS. If this scenario were true, it would not be possible for the AFL not to endorse the move, as they were part of the original plan.

Just my theory, but maybe worth considering.

It's blatantly obvious as to why Franklin did not know who Sonny Bill Williams is,
need to use their correct names....

Money Bill is known as League's greatest villain and douchebag.
Money Franklin is now traversing the same slippery slope.

That is the infamous Jesinta who told us in a Channel 7 interview that she was actually sewn into that outfit and would have to leave the course if she needed to go to the toilet! TMI.

That explains a lot then and obviously the media just don't get what a great boyfriend buddy is - Buddy just drank her share :D

That is the infamous Jesinta who told us in a Channel 7 interview that she was actually sewn into that outfit and would have to leave the course if she needed to go to the toilet! TMI.
I'm an old fart Bumpswithagrin (42 next week), I'm guessing TMI means too much info? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell 332 pages of this...could someone please condense the pages ;)

Summation

Buddy is a dud now that he plays for Sydney
Buddy is a naughty party animal now that he plays for Sydney
And by escaping the fish bowl that is Melbourne has walked into a vipers nest in Sydney

And HAWKS FANS ARE LOVING IT :p

And this thread keeps going because it gives swans posters something to take back to their board

Ps - buddy is human and shops at woollies :thumbsu:

Surely we know by now what to expect from Vlad and his cohorts. What surprises me most is that some of our supporters seem surprised by the result. As I said in an earlier post, I believe the AFL could have conspired with Pickering in an effort to get Buddy to Sydney for promotional reasons. However, Pickering and probably Buddy also, snookered the AFL by going to the Swans instead of GWS. If this scenario were true, it would not be possible for the AFL not to endorse the move, as they were part of the original plan.

Just my theory, but maybe worth considering.
While i was in syd only saw about 2 stories on afl one was about how happy Vlad was to see buddy in syd

Yep, that's it. The comment was tacky IMO... better stop there, claws are coming out ;)

P.S.( 42 is not old :p )
Happy birthday for next week! :) I can see why you don't want to know the toilet-implications of her outfit, but the flip side is that it's a pretty down to earth comment for a 'beauty queen'. I'm not a fan of beauty pageants at all and probably (unfairly) formed a view of Jesinta based on her 'Miss Aus' title and the industry she's in - I was quite surprised when i saw her interviewed on DWTS (confession- yes, I watched it!). She seemed really nice and likeable. I now think that she's probably Buddy's best chance of making a success of his move up north, as she presents as someone who's pretty together.

From what I heard and saw I think the Hawks did a mighty job in getting Buddy through 7 years of media attention relatively unscathed. I get the feeling he got a bit of protection from the club, the AFL, and even so of the media.
His move to Sydney will change all that.
The Sydney media will target him and some will go after him...hard. Not many could survive the level of scrutiny and pressure they will put on him.
I hope for his sake he can but I have my doubts.

I dont wish any ill towards Buddy. Having said this it would be bliss to see the Demetriou, Sydney and Buddy bitten badly on the arse by this debacle of a situation. (Not Buddy leaving but the circumstances being the ridiculous contract and lack of fair and reasonable compo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back