Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha the sneaky little TBA beside Stephen Hill is just so dockery.
Here was I naively thinking he was gonna get minutes at peel this week and play again.
The Cox long term injury was obvious, he’s looking at preseason 2022 now.
Positive for Darcy at least. Could we rotate a tall forward into defence or put meek back there? No faith whatsoever in Pearce getting up.
Good to see Switta back too.

Darcy all clear BUT if he has an issue against Port. Then why rush him for Bulldogs. Not like they have major rucks nor Gold Coast.

Fyfe 2 weeks is good enough for us. That’s a great result injuries wise.
Cox is the let down, but we all knew thatZ

Hahaha the sneaky little TBA beside Stephen Hill is just so dockery.
Here was I naively thinking he was gonna get minutes at peel this week and play again.
The Cox long term injury was obvious, he’s looking at preseason 2022 now.
Positive for Darcy at least. Could we rotate a tall forward into defence or put meek back there? No faith whatsoever in Pearce getting up.
Good to see Switta back too.
Rash decision straight after the game was to bring him in. Now after a few days, think Alex needs the next two weeks then come after the bye

Darcy all clear BUT if he has an issue against Port. Then why rush him for Bulldogs. Not like they have major rucks nor Gold Coast.

Fyfe 2 weeks is good enough for us. That’s a great result injuries wise.
Cox is the let down, but we all knew thatZ
Would nearly rather see Fyfe out for the season and get whatever surgery is required for a proper tilt at 2022 as opposed to struggling on here with a banged up shoulder.
He is due to hit 200 games soon though so that would have been nice in 2021.

Would nearly rather see Fyfe out for the season and get whatever surgery is required for a proper tilt at 2022 as opposed to struggling on here with a banged up shoulder.
He is due to hit 200 games soon though so that would have been nice in 2021.
Hard to put him down. Goddamn he has had a bartered career. Broken leg/a multiple shoulders. Wish he could just do forward 80/20 in the twilight much like Pav did

Darcy’s got named & late out written all over him this week.

if he’s sore at all, play meek. Need a fit Darcy!!
Especially with the bye. Just give him two weeks off. Back Meek for one game. Meek did serviceable against Gawn ffs. I’m sure he can cope against Zak Smith

If Darcy isn't injured then play him. If his niggles won't heal in two weeks, play him. If they don't get worse by playing him, then play him.

He really is the living embodiment of that Simpsons bit where they were pronounced dead on arrival, then taken to a better hospital where their condition was upgraded to alive.

Poor guy is held together with some form of magic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you look at it in the light of day - replace Cox with Pearce and team up Pearce, Logue and Ryan after the bye for the rest of the season and then you have a defensive spine on paper that is actually serviceable. Add in Young, Duman and Tucker and maybe Conca and it doesn’t look that bad as a defensive 7 for the 22 man team.
But who am I kidding. Logue and Pearce are made of glass.

Logue has been prone to injury, but naughton running in to you is not made of glass. Pearce on the other hand. Young could have a good run of games after the bye though
Ya maybe a bit harsh on Logue but he has had a lot of injuries issues.
Anyway let’s hope he can play every game after the bye and get himself closer to 45 games played by the end of the season. He needs continuous football so badly.
Young actually plays pretty tall. His intercept marking is very very good and often understated.
Another who needs to play 6 or 7 more games this season so it’s not a write off in terms of development.

Darcy’s got named & late out written all over him this week.

if he’s sore at all, play meek. Need a fit Darcy!!
Some people have said we don't lose much with Meek in the ruck over Darcy.

Normally I strongly disagree but against such a weak ruck division I'd still expect Meek to dominate.

Whatever we do let's not rush Darcy. He's too good to risk losing for much longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back