Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also slight karma on those writing Alex Pearce off after a wrist scan.

I don't see why it would've been a big deal even if there was something wrong with him that is so clearly not related to previous injuries. Hope he plays the rest of the season just to prove all you negative n*zis wrong.

Got kind of gloomy around here, but it's not that bad... We've only lost Cox at this stage.

We'll struggle to be competitive unless Banfield comes back to the seniors this week VS Gold Coast, but post bye we should be fine with Young, Logue, and hopefully Fyfe back.
? Fyfe’s out for the season surely?

OUT: Logue, Fyfe, Cox, Darcy
IN: Conca, Tabs, Western, Meek

Push Crowden and Walters through the middle.
Give Lobb stints at centre half back if they get on top.
Western, Schultz, Henry w/ Tabs, Treacy, Lobb is pretty dangerous.

Stephen Hill going back to TBA with no mention whatsoever from the Club is really disappointing.

Regardless of what the outcome may/may not be it could've been handled in a more transparent manner in a week it was known he was potentially getting game time: He's reinjured/He's not quite there/We want to take the pressure off him for a return date/101 other reasons they could give us.

He is one of our greatest ever players and a 'no comment' doesn't cut it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen Hill going back to TBA with no mention whatsoever from the Club is really disappointing.

Regardless of what the outcome may/may not be it could've been handled in a more transparent manner in a week it was known he was potentially getting game time: He's reinjured/He's not quite there/We want to take the pressure off him for a return date/101 other reasons they could give us.

He is one of our greatest ever players and a 'no comment' doesn't cut it.
Bell is not stupid. He hardly thought “I’ll just slip Hill back to TBA and no one will notice”
They made such a big deal about talking up his “body of work” and minutes in the WAFL last week.
I really hope the journos do their job at training this week and question Jlo.

Bell is not stupid. He hardly thought “I’ll just slip Hill back to TBA and no one will notice”
They made such a big deal about talking up his “body of work” and minutes in the WAFL last week.
I really hope the journos do their job at training this week and question Jlo.
I hope they do too. I'm positive about alot of stuff Freo are doing atm but the 1%ers matter and they slipped up with the no comment imo

The injury carnage last week reminded me of a year - believe it was 2011 but happy to be corrected - where Freo actually had to apply to the AFL to change the rules so our rookie list could play as they wouldn't be able to field a team. (At the time I think you had to be promoted from the rookie list to senior list to play). We had guys like Peter Faulks running out there and never to be seen again. I felt a bit sorry for Harvey as I believe he was sacked at the end of that year too. I've been following Freo since they started and reckon 2011 was the worst for injuries I have ever seen.
On a side note, a mate was sitting a game in 2011, pointed to Ryan Crowley and said "He'll never play AFL again" which was not such an outlandish suggestion as he was not a tagger and fringe best 22 at best. The fact that 2 years later Crowley was probably the most important player in a grand final just shows you the sliding doors type moments in AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back