Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we knew, which I'm sure the club did, that Darcy was touch and go then why, I can't fathom why Tabs was the emergency and not Reidy. It's actually probably the 2nd worst selection all year, to the Hawks game where we didn't select our backup Ruckman.

It also just reinforces how good Treacy is because his constant marks and work up the field is what sets us up. Today I think we only had one of those marks all game. Voss, Jye, Jackson, Tabs were not as good as one Treacy. It was significant

Last edited:
When our key forwards don't fire we have nothing.

Need a second string. Last week they kicked 11

We actually saw our second string. Serong and Young had a big scoreboard impact. Unfortunately our first string consisted of:
a promising young KPF,

a state league battler who is decent depth but can’t really be relied on and

A man so far past the hill he may actually be in a valley

funeral GIF

So if we knew, which I'm sure the club did, that Darcy was touch and go then why, I can't fathom why Tabs was the emergency and not Reid. It's actually probably the 2nd worst selection all year, to the Hawks game where we didn't select our backup Ruckman.

It also just reinforces how good Treacy is because his constant marks and work up the field is what sets us up. Today I think we only had one of those marks all game. Voss, Jye, Jackson, Tabs were not as good as one Treacy. It was significant
Two games loss because coaches refuse to play a ruck to keep structure.
This isn’t new. You have depth. Use it.

Darcy is good for 10-12 games every year. Just play Reidy

Needed an experienced steadier. What does JOM do after a HTB for Brayshaw. Just blinding bombs away. Why does this club always get these trash traded mature agers.

To be fair, as much as that was a bad decision I think JOM has done some good things in general and adds to the team. We're losing the game in other areas. Feel like our midfield goes missing sometimes.

When our key forwards don't fire we have nothing.

Need a second string. Last week they kicked 11
It’s not a personnel problem. That would be a mistake to just blame the absence of players. Every team has injuries.

We are not tough enough. Not hard enough. Too timid. Soft.
Terrified to go and win a game.
We have no player with the winners mindset of Patrick Dangerfield. He just willed himself on to the contest when the game was in the melting pot. There was just no way he was talking off that field defeated today.

We shat ourselves.

We need Bolton bad. When we had it locked into our forward 50 with a boundary throw in I thought who have we actually got who could crumb this and goal? My answer was NO ONE. And what happened? They waltzed it out again multiple times. We need a small forward desperately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes feel like it could be a package of Bolton and Baker coming to us playing in our fwd line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one chance we had to win worner squibs it like he was playing for Geelong. That literally cost us the game.
Don't blame Worner. He should never have been picked as the sub, hes just about the least impactful player we have on the list. It would be like making Ethan Hughes sub. They can't just come on and have an impact. Joke of a decision to make him sub and even worse to name Tabs.

Well, on the bright side, that's a really easy game to review for JL.

He should just show this to the boys, send them off to the cafe, and get out a phantom draft.

1723282290756.png

"Right - o guys. Lets narrow it down a bit. How many of our picks should we spend on forwards 4, or 5?"

It’s not a personnel problem. That would be a mistake to just blame the absence of players. Every team has injuries.

We are not tough enough. Not hard enough. Too timid. Soft.
Terrified to go and win a game.
We have no player with the winners mindset of Patrick Dangerfield. He just willed himself on to the contest when the game was in the melting pot. There was just no way he was talking off that field defeated today.

We shat ourselves.

Can’t totally agree with this. I’m not sure too many teams cope with their best KPF, KPD and ruck all injured all at the same time.

But on the other foot, we were still good enough to win it today and let it slip

We need Bolton bad. When we had it locked into our forward 50 with a boundary throw in I thought who have we actually got who could crumb this and goal? My answer was NO ONE. And what happened? They waltzed it out again multiple times. We need a small forward desperately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wish we only needed 1

We need more than 1 unfortunately.

Baker isn't a forward. We should hard pass on him.

Last edited:
Do any of them even want to play finals?
No it’s all just about the learning’s
Our midfield in fourth quarters gotta be the most useless bunch I've ever seen. No leadership, which is amazing because that's literally where most of our leadership group is.

JL making Yze look good lately

Jackson is a joke

Match selection and accountability is laughable at best

Wasted season and an embarrassing season overall

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Makes me wonder whether we’re fit enough I mean we’ve had pretty good availability but has it come at the cost of genuine fitness over a season?

Like old men Geelong ran over the top of us ffs

Last edited:
brendan cox is a very limited player

luke ryan is playing awfully

but ultimatly we got smashed through the midfield again and the forward line was a shambles we couldnt move the ball. 2023 dockers.

Honestly, I don't get the Cox love from fans. He very rarely beats an opponent and all of his touches are just short kicks to Ryan. He's great if the game is on his terms but hes not a great key defender imo.

Where does this club stand with Darcy?
Let’s be honest. He’s not fit. He gets these niggles. He’s hampering Jackson.
Is 6 years too much?
He needs to be traded. Yes, hes awesome when fit and firing. However, hes become too injury prone which messes up Jackson and destroys team chemistry.
We need to actually play Reid and use the Darcy picks to bring in Bolton and Warner.

Don't blame Worner. He should never have been picked as the sub, hes just about the least impactful player we have on the list. It would be like making Ethan Hughes sub. They can't just come on and have an impact. Joke of a decision to make him sub and even worse to name Tabs.
Hughes would actually make a decent sub tbh. He goes 100%

Honestly, I don't get the Cox love from fans. He very rarely beats an opponent and all of his touches are just short kicks to Ryan. He's great if the game is on his terms but hes not a great key defender imo.
He is good intercepting. The issue is he is slower than fyfe which is saying something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back