Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS will steamroll our mob next week. Bookmark it. Season over I’m afraid. Injuries aside we haven’t dealt with pressure all year and don’t deserve to be in the 8.
We've played more consistently accross the season than most other teams. Saying we don't deserve to be in the eight because we lack the maturity and leadership to finish off the final 15 minutes of games that have been played 90% on our terms is a bit of a cop out.

We deserve to be in the eight and we deserve to play finals, but we won't get there because we lack the finishing ability that more experienced teams have.

Banfield is a hot and cold player, why when he is ice cold does he not get put back to the WAFL to find form?

Today's forward line was the Freo of old, at one stage we had about 4 blokes try and contest an up and under kick in the air and not a single player looked to crumb or be an option at ground level. Geelong waltzed it out of the D50.

Bloody horrible, put a fork in us. I received a bit of push back for being off Longmuir earlier this year, I still hope I'm wrong but our issues continue to come back to haunt us.
  • slow starts
  • pooping the bed in the last
  • Favouritism at the selection table (IMO)

Onwards and upwards.....

We've played more consistently accross the season than most other teams. Saying we don't deserve to be in the eight because we lack the maturity and leadership to finish off the final 15 minutes of games that have been played 90% on our terms is a bit of a cop out.

We deserve to be in the eight and we deserve to play finals, but we won't get there because we lack the finishing ability that more experienced teams have.
We don’t deserve shit. You earn a spot in the eight. If you can’t kick enough goals it means you don’t earn it.

We don’t deserve shit. You earn a spot in the eight. If you can’t kick enough goals it means you don’t earn it.
You can kick enough goals and still miss the eight because of the umpires. Just ask Adelaide. Not all teams that make the eight deserve to be there.

There’s only 2 results happening next week. Freo win by less than 10 or we get obliterated by 80+.
No other result will happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield is a hot and cold player, why when he is ice cold does he not get put back to the WAFL to find form?

Today's forward line was the Freo of old, at one stage we had about 4 blokes try and contest an up and under kick in the air and not a single player looked to crumb or be an option at ground level. Geelong waltzed it out of the D50.

Bloody horrible, put a fork in us. I received a bit of push back for being off Longmuir earlier this year, I still hope I'm wrong but our issues continue to come back to haunt us.
  • slow starts
  • pooping the bed in the last
  • Favouritism at the selection table (IMO)

Onwards and upwards.....

I feel like it's a broken record job with the issues on the field and at the selection table.

Used to be our first quarters were really bad, which today it was but seems our finishing in last quarters are more of an issue.

Really hard to win games against good opposition when you are missing your main KPD, KPF and ruck and end up playing WAFL grade tall forwards. Taberner was once serviceable, but is finished now. And you can see why Voss was delisted. He's just not up to it. Drops easy marks over and over again, can't kick straight for goal, too small for the ruck and even too small for KPF. Lo and behold we plonk two D grade forwards in the side and returned to the dreaded gameplan of bombing it long to a massive pack.

I don't know. We're quite fond of the whole "lead at 3qt and lose the game by a goal or two" at the moment.

It’s staggering that we’ve had 5 games where we could’ve win, but didn’t:

Carlton
Port
Hawks
Bombers
Cats

Swans the only game we could’ve lost.

That’s defined our season right there.

Left 20 points on the table!

It’s staggering that we’ve had 5 games where we could’ve win, but didn’t:

Carlton
Port
Hawks
Bombers
Cats

Swans the only game we could’ve lost.

That’s defined our season right there.

Left 20 points on the table!
I'm going with 'it was the cauldron that forged a dynasty'

It's 100% this.

I'm not even mad because I didn't honestly think we could beat the Cats missing all of Treacy, Pearce and Darcy unless they didn't show up, which they did.

It should sting the the coaches and players that they are clearly good enough (4th best %) but are going to miss. Hopefully we put a lot of effort into the mental side and tactics of 4th quarters in pre-season. It's really all that's holding us back. Better starts would also help but that's not as bad as it used to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back