Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Still need to somehow sneak into finals, even getting beaten easily week 1 is useful experience.

Missing in 04 and 05 likely was a disadvantage when we finally got back in in 06.
đź’Ż

Exactly what I posted earlier , you can’t just expect it to all click as so many think will just happen and then if it does expect to waltz into finals ready to contend without even just a reasonableamount of finals experience under the belt from previous campaigns

It just doesn’t happen , like rarely ever

Sigh, just sigh

We just arent good enough yet. Treacy and Pearce are comfortably our most important players. Losing Pearce for the last 8 rounds basically and then adding Treacy on top of it as well as Darcy being basically cooked the whole season is a bridge too far when a top 8ish team turns up to play.

We bottled this season on other games during the year giving it away in the last against lesser teams while being full strength.

Any other club you'd just chalk up to growing and get really excited about next year (see Hawks board) but man, it's tough when you've been waiting so long and you can see this might finally be the squad that does it and it's just tossed away.

It's pretty deflating and crushing. All you can really do is sigh.
Yep, we are just not good enough yet and seem to be running out of gas as well. There's just no lift anymore in the middle.

đź’Ż

Exactly what I posted earlier , you can’t just expect it to all click as so many think will just happen and then if it does expect to waltz into finals ready to contend without even just a reasonableamount of finals experience under the belt from previous campaigns

It just doesn’t happen , like rarely ever

You watch, once we work out these 4th quarters we'll be a 4 win and 15% better side. It's literally all that is holding us back. It's not insignificant, but once we make the leap, the improvement will be massive over a season.

Always disappointing to lose but I thought we dug pretty deep in the 2nd and 3rd to get back into the game.

Tbh when I sat in my seat and got the memo about Darcy out, I was pretty much ready to turn around and go home then and there.

Bit sad that the season is all but over. Treacy’s injury last week was a sliding door moment.
Ok so next year if we have any injuries we aren't going to win.

Most annoying aspect of the club.
Celebrate retro aspect, like it’s so cool.
The anchor with green and red will always bring back bitter memories for mine.
Next year it’s the purple haze white anchor and move on.
I always hated the purple, red and green with the anchor pointing downwards, can we just get rid of that altogether. Finally got to a game first time in 3 years (because I am usually working) and they dish this crap up.

I always hated the purple, red and green with the anchor pointing downwards, can we just get rid of that altogether. Finally got to a game first time in 3 years (because I am usually working) and they dish this crap up.

Which way do you want an anchor to face you goose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff
oops, sorry. I mean Baker.

Banfield sux
Tabs is utter useless
Johnson needs to get up to speed and why have a bit player half back as our sub
Forgot Frederick, complete liability. Picked because he's potentially dangerous but never does anything. Checked his stats on AFL and he's 'below average' in almost every key stat.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You watch, once we work out these 4th quarters we'll be a 4 win and 15% better side. It's literally all that is holding us back. It's not insignificant, but once we make the leap, the improvement will be massive over a season.
I know your big on this Joao and whilst given all the evidence it would seem the logical course for the team (probably aides the cope on days like these too) but just assuming growth to occur naturally is too much of a cop out for me.
Posted a few times on this now so won’t go into anymore other than I seriously hope the club isn’t assuming like this too

If I ever have kids I'm going to do the right thing and not let them support the Dockers. It would just be bad parenting to allow them to suffer like we all have and will continue to do.

FLAGMANTLE 2025 Baby!! :trophy:
To the contrary, it's exactly this helicopter parenting and cotton wooling that is damaging kids nowadays. Let them build some resilience.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back