Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched some of it on streamer, he was good. Looked pretty comfortable at the level. Thought he looked better than Whan in that particular game.
I skimmed through it, it's a bit hard to tell without watching other games consistently to know the level but:
Robinson
  • Very clean and strong in the contest and had moments were he had composure and moments where he just banged it on the boot where he might not need to. I'm some internet hack but next year I'd be getting him to back himself to get hands out while drawing tackles. He'll be close to untackleable at that level soon.
  • Not sure on the pace, seem like he went between decent and slow but I think it was a fitness thing as much as anything where there was a lot of slow jogging. Again, hard to judge too harshly without knowing what's normal at the level like better watchers.
  • Definitely looked strong over head for his age though not quite Fyfe like leap and stickiness. It's very crude and a long way off but I'd think Cripps is his dumb superstar comparison, particularly assuming he has a bit of growth left before AFL.

Whan
  • Great agility and pace and booming left foot and love the way he moves through traffic ball in hand but he needs to learn off Rodriguez for intensity.
  • Clearly AFL attributes for an underage colts kid though and worth being exciting about. Needs some molding and coaching. I can definitely see him being a 1st round pick

Speaking of Rodrguez, that Souths colts midfield is going to be unreal next year, Rodriguez looks potential special and off one game Whan and Robinson will complement him well. LeCras also looked genuinely elite and top 5 material in 2026, I can see the hype.

Tagging Futbolista in case I said something completely untrue or stupid

Are we likely to draft any NGA prospects this year? I saw these two mentioned a page back;
Ryan Bizzell NGA
Sage Clarke NGA
Bizzell is the only real chance but I'd call it unlikely now, think we end up with an Irish prospect if we end up with any Cat-B's next year (besides Draper)

I overlaid a map from https://www.afl.com.au/draft/nga-clubacademies with Google maps. In powerpoint ... approximate, but close enough. This Robinson kid comes from the red/white polygon that outlines Tarin Rock. It defines the edge of our zone. I wonder how close his farm is to the boundary. Lake Grace further to the east is clearly in WC zone.

1726574494754.png

I think I might have said something along these lines in the Youth thread: You don't too excited about under 16 form as it doesn't always translate all that well to u18 and then the draft. However, Robinsons stats in his last WAFL colts game (Souths lost comfortably) had me sitting up and paying attention:
View attachment 2113402
Goal kicking like Fyfe as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back