Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

His first ever game was excellent but it’s up there. The amazing thing is I doubt he has played 100 games in his life. Still a lot of improvement to come with experience.
I think the current club psych might be part of the improvement we are seeing in a lot of our players

This.

Actually a bit nervous about him because I imagine the amount of time he has spent out of the team may have been quite frustrating.
He was quite positive about it. Said he was more frustrated at his body and Justin gave him a clear path back in.

He’s the harder, faster version of Fristch.
His attacking intent is clear. Did have two anxious moments in the second- not bouncing the ball and having a ping from 50 plus slowing down the play on the wing when Fremantle had the game moving.
Reckon in 12 months he just bounces and kicks the goal - was just caught in two minds. It’s the aerial stuff that potentially sets him apart.

Sturt would do well to watch the most famous goal in Freo history. Stephen Hill just kept running and kicked it himself. Reckon Sturty will do the same when next given that opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt's one of only a handful of guys on our team who can actually kick it 50 metres. That, coupled with his accuracy and pace makes him invaluable as far as I'm concerned.

That's why I've been big on him and defended him from day dot.
I’ve been pestering the twitter account to free Sam Sturt when he wasn’t being picked, now I’ll be pestering to sign him up. He’s pure class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back