Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought before the game it was a low key very important game for him because you don’t want to be 23/24, out of contract and not in an AFL best 22.

I have no idea what’s going on (frankly, interrupted preseason or not is no excuse for the game he had) but he’s now got like a couple months to dominate Peel WHILE competing with Voss for a spot or he’s going to find himself done which really sucks tbh

I thought before the game it was a low key very important game for him because you don’t want to be 23/24, out of contract and not in an AFL best 22.

I have no idea what’s going on (frankly, interrupted preseason or not is no excuse for the game he had) but he’s now got like a couple months to dominate Peel WHILE competing with Voss for a spot or he’s going to find himself done which really sucks tbh
A fresh start might be good for him at another club. He has the talent but lacks intensity. Being injury prone doesn't help his case either. It's not looking good for him atm so fingers crossed he can silence the doubters and put together a good season.

I think the interrupted preseason for Sturt is an excuse. Just look at Brayshaw early last year. I fail to see any excuse for Treacy though except for the idiotic entries considering the personnel in the forward line. Voss is competing with Sturt and Treacy imo.

He really needs to show something this year, if not then I think it's safe to say he's not worth spending anymore time on, this is make or break, we can use excuses such as interrupted pre-seasons, but this is his 6th season on an AFL list, he should be showing something by now.

Let’s be honest here.
We will probably get smashed by Brisbane next week. Treacy and Voss will play, Banfield will come in as a sub and they will have 12 touches and zero score involvements between the 3 of them.
Sturt will be back in the side by round 2 in Marvel v North.

Unfortunately this scenario is eminently possible 😳

Let’s be honest here.
We will probably get smashed by Brisbane next week. Treacy and Voss will play, Banfield will come in as a sub and they will have 12 touches and zero score involvements between the 3 of them.
Sturt will be back in the side by round 2 in Marvel v North.

Unfortunately this scenario is eminently possible 😳
More I think about it we may use Jackson/Treacy run against their lumbering rucks. Hot March day may be the difference with an “extra mid” at the clearances.

Always knew he was a gun. Hopefully they stop being dumb with him and just keep him in the team.

Just adds another dimension to the forward line that we badly need

He needs to be a lock up forward now. This season and next. Let the man have a strong run at it!

He does add another dimension and will make our forward line very hard to match up with long term. If we can add a zippy, crumbing forward we will go to another level.

Sturt is looking like a 30-40 goal a year forward.

He needs to be a lock up forward now. This season and next. Let the man have a strong run at it!

He does add another dimension and will make our forward line very hard to match up with long term. If we can add a zippy, crumbing forward we will go to another level.

Sturt is looking like a 30-40 goal a year forward.
Is he our highest OOC priority now this off season to re-sign?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WAFL is a great tool to develop players. Henry was dropped a few times and was starting to put a good season together before he left. We did the same to Sturt to improve his defensive pressure and now it's starting to work.
Do we risk it with Amiss? He was so flustered that he ended up being invisible.
Treacy spoke this week about how much the club psych improved his goal kicking. We all want him to succeed.

I was out today when the game was on. Checked the score & stats & noticed in the random things the AFL app tells you that Sturt had the highest sprint top speed of anyone out there.
I guess that’s answered my question about Sturt having lost his burst speed through all his injuries!
Starting to look like a player.

I was out today when the game was on. Checked the score & stats & noticed in the random things the AFL app tells you that Sturt had the highest sprint top speed of anyone out there.
I guess that’s answered my question about Sturt having lost his burst speed through all his injuries!
Starting to look like a player.

He started to look like a player and was incumbent in the team a year ago. Slow start to the year with injuries this year and everyone stamps his papers again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back