Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am man enough to admit that my initial assessments on him were off. Important player who now has really shown his true potential. I have been impressed. Hopefully signs on and becomes a big part our side for years to come.
same here, thought he was done at afl level but hes come on massively and not just in the goals department. shocked me how tough at it he has been this year. will have a massive 2025 building off this year

Losing him would be a disaster, regardless of who is brought in. Simply shouldnt happen. Still, the fact no one is mentioning him at all can only be positive
The coaches really like him and (since his early extended development stints in the WAFL) have backed him in when fit to play. I think the priority from the coaches quarter will be to keep him.

I don't think he leaves or gets traded, I think him signing on is a guarantee.

Personally I think re-signing half our out of contract players is virtually guaranteed tbh. The club continues to not announce anything though.

We’re doing things a bit differently. Maybe we are just waiting on a few other things to be known before we decide how to structure their new details.

I’m not convinced, feel like there would be clubs out there willing to take a bigger risk in terms of length and salary than we will.
Sturt's decision making and execution on the weekend was brilliant. The amount of times he got the ball right to the outside of a contested congestion situation, bypassing closer options and releasing the ball movement our way, was eye-catching. I'm sure the match committee noticed it at the time, but certainly in the review.

He's also very much in a list area (non-KPFF) that we need to improve in. Sturt is upper shelf there. I would think they wouldn't skimp in a contract offer. It's a tricky estimation for the list manager of what is generous though.

Sturt's decision making and execution on the weekend was brilliant. The amount of times he got the ball right to the outside of a contested congestion situation, bypassing closer options and releasing the ball movement our way, was eye-catching. I'm sure the match committee noticed it at the time, but certainly in the review.

He's also very much in a list area (non-KPFF) that we need to improve in. Sturt is upper shelf there. I would think they wouldn't skimp in a contract offer. It's a tricky estimation for the list manager of what is generous though.

All year his handballing has been brilliant.

Always sees a person in space, and finds away to get him the ball.

That plus 2 goals a game, means we must keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Improving exponentially, adding to his game each week. I guess that means Freo will offer him unders and or use him as trade bait :mad:

What if Sturt does a Henry. You all going to give him a pass, considering how the club supported him over the years..and now he has found form and interest he wants out

What if Sturt does a Henry. You all going to give him a pass, considering how the club supported him over the years..and now he has found form and interest he wants out
I'll be pissed if he leaves. He's finally come good after we've developed his game and stuck fat for years. We're on the cusp of something special (imagine Treacy, Jackson, Amiss, Sturt, Switta, Bolton fwd line) and he did a Henry? **** that, I'd be ropeable.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll be pissed if he leaves. He's finally come good after we've developed his game and stuck fat for years. We're on the cusp of something special (imagine Treacy, Jackson, Amiss, Sturt, Switta, Bolton fwd line) and he did a Henry? **** that, I'd be ropeable.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sure he's been injured but when he's been fit he's been one of the first players out of the team after a loss.

The club mismanaging him probably pushed him out the door if he has decided to leave.

Sure he's been injured but when he's been fit he's been one of the first players out of the team after a loss.

The club mismanaging him probably pushed him out the door if he has decided to leave.
Maybe wait till he asks for a trade before blaming things that haven't actually happened this year. If every trade rumor turned out true we'd barely field a side.

For fashion or mummy's home cooking
I didn't mind Henry choosing the best cultural fit for himself. I mean WA isn't for everyone. I also didn't mind Cerra leaving as both he and his partner were very close to their families and he did make it very clear from the beginning that he didn't want to come here. Everyone is different . I' m just not sure either if those things apply to Sturt so i am really peeved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Fremantle's 1st 2018 National Draft Pick: Sam Sturt [Pick #17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back