Toast Fremantle's 2nd 2018 National Draft Pick: Luke Valente [Pick #32]

Remove this Banner Ad

Like for him to play at least one game this year.

And yet were electric in finals despite having a very young team. Being attacking allows players like Naughton to shine while Hogan goes massively backwards in a defensive system. All I've ever asked for is a good balance between attack and defense. Lyon himself said you need to be top 4 in both, yet we only ever achieved top 4 in one (if I'm not mistaken).

Really we should be expecting him to be under strong consideration for round 1. He is yet to debut but he is physically developed, over his injury issues, and been thrown a 2 year contract. A duel sided clean kick from the clearance will be a nice addition too.
He's Mundy's replacement in theory. Hopefully he is in Dave's pocket learning everything he can next year.

Hopefully he’s on the park instead of Mundy. Best case scenario is Mundy being pushed out of the team rnd 1 to support Carr in coaching capacity.
If it is a standard season I wouldn't expect 22 games from Dave, but unless he is declines he is still B22 and a long way ahead of Luke.

Really we should be expecting him to be under strong consideration for round 1. He is yet to debut but he is physically developed, over his injury issues, and been thrown a 2 year contract. A duel sided clean kick from the clearance will be a nice addition too.
He was named emergency a number of times this season. Unfortunately for him there was no WAFL for him to play to press his claim to play in the seniors. He’s still only 20 and has a very long future ahead of him; plenty of time to debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he’s on the park instead of Mundy. Best case scenario is Mundy being pushed out of the team rnd 1 to support Carr in coaching capacity.
Please. Mundy is clear B22, has proved it multiple times this year. Valente hasn’t played a single game, injured two years and has to put in a full uninterrupted pre season to even bE considered.
If Mundy was say a Marc Murphy or Ablett, then yes push him out. Mundy is on another level as a mid30.

Please. Mundy is clear B22, has proved it multiple times this year. Valente hasn’t played a single game, injured two years and has to put in a full uninterrupted pre season to even bE considered.
If Mundy was say a Marc Murphy or Ablett, then yes push him out. Mundy is on another level as a mid30.

I said best case. What are you think Mundy keeps playing for ever? Each time he starts in the middle it’s one less centre setup for Cerra, Brayshaw, Serong, Tucker and Valente. Mundy arguably is a better player than them all (certainly a better decision maker)
but he ain’t playing 2022 onwards when we are pushing for top 4.

I said best case. What are you think Mundy keeps playing for ever? Each time he starts in the middle it’s one less centre setup for Cerra, Brayshaw, Serong, Tucker and Valente. Mundy arguably is a better player than them all (certainly a better decision maker)
but he ain’t playing 2022 onwards when we are pushing for top 4.
I think we are a reasonable shot at finals next year, so Mundy plays.

I think we are a reasonable shot at finals next year, so Mundy plays.

Disagree. Young guys will need to bring us to finals in 2022 onwards so BEST CASE these guys should be pushing Mundy out of the side.

We are a reasonable shot at Finals yes, but Mundy should be playing absolute minimum games possible and moving to coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back