Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that I am liking most about our style of play is that is sustainable.
Whilst I was never a fan of Jason Webber, I believe a big contributor to all the injuries we had during Ross’s tenure was the demanding game plan. More focused on effort and this put too much physical strain on our players and they would often break down.
I our forward pressure is better than it has ever been,but that is more due to smart structures and player placement. We have now had a few years of no Ross, so hopefully the boys bodies have now physically recovered from his required.

I would also like to add that the boys appear to be genuinely and instrinisticly motivated to win, so there is a lot of self regulation. JL has done a great job with this! Again… compared to Ross who largely motivated by fear, JL is doing very well ☺️
I think your partly right but look at what Webber has achieved as Glorys S & C guy. Never more injuries and bottoms of the table

How desperate is our back 6/7? I’m sure Coxy is desperate, he just doesn’t look it sometimes.

They just refuse to lose a ground ball contest with the only minor fault is the high ball every now & then (not Zurhaars mark, can’t stop that). But the added bonus is they spread like midfielders once ball is in hand & generally don’t waste a disposal through the corridor.

The balance down there is spot on & the little thought I had about 5 weeks ago that perhaps we’re better without Pearce back there was just plain dumb. He controls the area & his closing speed is huge for a big bloke. But please stop trying to injure yourself kicking the ball ya clumsy oaf!
Another youth positive here ( if you can believe it )
How good is Brandon Walker going to be ?!
I love how that guy plays but he needs to open up his periphery when he’s running the ball and know when to release
Bloody exciting player !

You‘re a hard judge. I’m not sure who you were watching.
Heath was outstanding tonight.
I don’t think Bel was saying he wasn’t great, just that it wasn’t the hardest game to perform well in. If another guy has a standout game in a tougher match I wouldn’t mind if they got the nom.

Sad but true
Just to clarify it would be Tucker out before Serong but the comment above has merit .
I love Serong and commented last night how much leadership and camaraderie he brings to the team .
His lightning extraction is a thing of beauty and he knows when to cause a stoppage
I look forward to watching him develop and become a gun with us for another 10+ years hopefully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Brennan Cox play anywhere? We have only seen him in the backline recently and looking totally at ease but last night his time in the ruck and drifting forward he looks natural there as well. He is turning into a hell of a player.

The thing that I am liking most about our style of play is that is sustainable.
Whilst I was never a fan of Jason Webber, I believe a big contributor to all the injuries we had during Ross’s tenure was the demanding game plan. More focused on effort and this put too much physical strain on our players and they would often break down.
I our forward pressure is better than it has ever been,but that is more due to smart structures and player placement. We have now had a few years of no Ross, so hopefully the boys bodies have now physically recovered from his required.

I would also like to add that the boys appear to be genuinely and instrinisticly motivated to win, so there is a lot of self regulation. JL has done a great job with this! Again… compared to Ross who largely motivated by fear, JL is doing very well

We were still getting injuries in JL’s first year when Weber was still here. I read somewhere that it took the new S&C team a year to properly implement their new processes/programs at the Dees and that’s what seems to have happened for us. This year we’re seeing that to be the case for us too.

Thanks , It was good to see the genuine concern by Jason Horne Francis he has gone up a notch in my book , Going to be great player for you guys , And obviously a quality person as well.
Too much quoting Fyfster! Lol

So this season I’ve been lurking oppo forums for some reason after the game. Norths by far the most frustrated and depressing so far. What is Nobles gameplan? Where is Tom Powell? Why did they pick Anderson when Will Brodie was there? Personally, I think they need to sack their list manager. Good luck to the shinboners at least the club pulled themselves out of debt (unlike St Kilda) and I hope they get a priority pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back