Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

but you cant telport the WC crowd it is a country apart.

Hmmmm sorry didnt realise this discusion was about SCIFI
Collingwood can't fill the MCG. Two big Vic clubs can together, up to 80 %. Both WC and Adelaide can draw bigger crowds than Collingwood, yet they both have to go to Tassie.

Collingwood can't fill the MCG. Two big Vic clubs can together, up to 80 %. Both WC and Adelaide can draw bigger crowds than Collingwood, yet they both have to go to Tassie.
It's probably the biggest benefit of Tasmania coming into the competition for us.

• Less away games in Victoria for the small Victorian clubs to bank on in order to sell games interstate
  • 1 more interstate away game per season for approximately half of them
  • It means Norf/Hawthorn will either play more games in Victoria or find a closer location than Tasmania to sell their games too
  • A state where we have much more experience playing in than the big Victorian clubs

Just have to hope they don't sell games overseas and ship us over there.

I went to the G to watch Freo v Pies in the final in 2022.
There was approx 95k there, and there were about 10,000/15,000 Freo supporters.
That's why they play at the G. Geelong play their home games against Collingwood for the same reason.
They make a sheet load of $ from Collingwood supporters

• It means Norf/Hawthorn will either play more games in Victoria or find a closer location than Tasmania to sell their games too

Rumour is that one of them (Hawks I think) are trying to sell games to Townsville.

I went to the G to watch Freo v Pies in the final in 2022.
There was approx 95k there, and there were about 10,000/15,000 Freo supporters.
That's why they play at the G. Geelong play their home games against Collingwood for the same reason.
They make a sheet load of $ from Collingwood supporters
I doubt we could draw a crowd like that in Melbourne unless it was a final

Voss has some good traits but his set shot kicking is woeful. You can’t be relying on guys like that in a tight game. Those chances he missed are hard fought and priceless and suck the oxygen and energy out of the team when they are missed.
The 50 he gave away was dumb too.
He needs more time at Peel for me.
The chances he got need to be in the hands of better players to keep scoreboard pressure maintained.
He just needs a kicking coach, soon

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I though Sturt was very poor for us,didn't offer anything. What's with this guy?
I’m a big Sturt fan. Yep he had a bad day, I’m not sure why. It happens. They subbed him out because of it. Hopefully he gets next week to resurrect himself as I think he’s very important to our performance. Sonny I feel really needs to announce his retirement (for seasons end) as we have the next 6 weeks to send him off and cherish every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One other thing that stands out on replay and I know I rabbit on about this but the ability of the Hawthorn forwards to draw frees compared to ours probably cost us a goal or 2 as well.

And I don't think there was many that was missed nor am I having a crack at the umpires I'm talking purely shrugging tackles high.

I hate it but we are handicapping ourselves by not using it.

One other thing that stands out on replay and I know I rabbit on about this but the ability of the Hawthorn forwards to draw frees compared to ours probably cost us a goal or 2 as well.

And I don't think there was many that was missed nor am I having a crack at the umpires I'm talking purely shrugging tackles high.

Yeah they’re one of those teams instructed to duck the second they feel contact coming. It felt like their first 5 or so shots on goal came from frees. All there, but infuriating.

Breust and Sicily epitomise the value of experience in avoiding frees against and winning frees for.

Interesting the comments from the MELB game that the Ds mids knew they were going to lose the taps with Gawn out, so adjusted their game.
Hmmm maybe we could make that adjustment when we come against rucks who monster Jackson.
Jackson doesn't need to be monstered. A bit more timing with his jump and greater variety with his angles, plus his massive athleticism advantage when it hits the ground, he could easily make a mess of middling ruckmen like Meek.

JL needed to find a better answer for Sicily going forward.

It’s not like he dominated taking contested marks, the ball fell into his lap a few times from defensive lapses.
Two of his goals came from our lapses out on the ground.

Not to mention we had it within our power to put that game out of Hawthorn's reach at 3/4 time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back