Freo Mid Year Report Cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Good OP.

I still have some reservations about Morabito, is it just me or is he a little bit soft?

Too many times this year he has had a look.

Did it again going back into a marking contest, it's ok once, twice you're pushing it, but I've seen him do it alot this year.

Also concerned about his kicking, think before you kick.

That said, agree with most of the ratings in the OP, perhaps little generous.

The two biggest positives for me this year have been Mundy and Barlow stamping themselves as A grade mids, and the emergence of Nat Fyfe.

He is cementing his spot in the side with every week that passes and hopefully maintains his spot over Headland who has been massive let down his entire Freo career.

Fyfe is all class and has a massive ceiling. :thumbsu:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96767/default.aspx

Mid-season report: Fremantle

By Nathan Schmook 12:00 PM Wed 23 June, 2010
FREMANTLE

Overall mark: A
Win-loss: 9-4 (WWWLWWWLWWLLW)
Ladder position: 3rd
Leading possession winner: Michael Barlow (337)
Leading goalkicker: Matthew Pavlich (40)

Season so far
Fremantle has been the big mover of 2010, climbing from 14th place last season into the top four, where it is every chance to stay. After meeting Adelaide and Geelong at opportune times, Freo made its own luck on the road and notched drought-breaking wins at Etihad Stadium, the Gabba and the SCG. They were involved in a top-of-the-table clash against Collingwood on Friday night. Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy and Chris Tarrant are playing career-best footy, while a host of disciplined youngsters are making valuable contributions.

Scroll down a bit in that article and you get this:

Coach's award
It’s hard earning recognition as a defensive forward and tough youngster Matt de Boer has made it his sole objective this season to negate the opposition’s best rebounding defender. While only earning a handful of possessions himself, de Boer has shut down important opposition playmakers like Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio and Shannon Hurn.

..... for anyone who questions dB's place in the 22.

Nice one Matty. :thumbsu:

Amazing how some on here judge team importance on DT points:confused:
I P you dont post on here enough anymore,miss your input:thumbsu:

I certainly dont judge Deboers importance on DT points. i just get frustrated that when he kicks the ball he misses targets. or when he is 25m out in front of goal he sprays it...

I certainly dont judge Deboers importance on DT points. i just get frustrated that when he kicks the ball he misses targets. or when he is 25m out in front of goal he sprays it...

I know he's missed some sitters from set shots but when was the last time he missed a target in general play? I can't remember it.

I know he's missed some sitters from set shots but when was the last time he missed a target in general play? I can't remember it.

De Boer hardly misses the target in general play. He is usually a pretty good field kick. The missed set shots have been bad but once he irons out those nerves in front of goals he'll be quite the valuable player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo Mid Year Report Cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back