Autopsy Freo Tame The Tigs By 51 points in the Rain

Remove this Banner Ad

storm GIF

perth be like

I have three tickets and my mate has a fourth, we all didnt go.

Sitting in the rain for three hours isn’t a top priority as I get older.…come at me 😂

In the end, didn’t get wet. Lightly spat for about 30 seconds now and then, but that was no problem.

Great night and atmosphere.

Does anyone know why Jackson jumps early when rucking? Almost always mistimed it so it must be instructed.
To stop body contact from a guy like Nankervis. Did you not see the effect in the third quarter when he jumped , won the knock, gathered it on the burst, resulted in a two touch goal.

Last edited:

Young is amazing. It’s like the coaches just told him to try and kick goals a month ago & he’s averaging over a goal a game since.
Talked about his last night.

“Hey Hayden, your a good defender, but how will you go as a mid?”

“Hey Hayden, you’re doing great in midfield, but can you play forward?”

“hey Hayden, when did you become Carey?”

dad watched amiss pretty carefully. reckons his confidence is still well down. actually seems to believe we need to treat his carefully. we need him come finals. we can't make hm feel terrible about himself.

Talked about his last night.

“Hey Hayden, your a good defender, but how will you go as a mid?”

“Hey Hayden, you’re doing great in midfield, but can you play forward?”

“hey Hayden, when did you become Carey?”
I said a couple of weeks ago that I reckon he’s our best player right now.

Cox will be better for the run. Can't say I wasn't worried when he tries chasing after Bolton.

Treacy, Young, Andy, Caleb, Jackson all excellent.

Otherwise pretty even perform across the board to do what they needed to.
I shared your concerns about Cox chasing Bolton…

Amiss goalkicking yips is the biggest issue at the moment I reckon. I’m not sure what the solution is to be honest. I’m sure they are doing everything they can but jeez it’s not ideal.

Amiss goalkicking yips is the biggest issue at the moment I reckon. I’m not sure what the solution is to be honest. I’m sure they are doing everything they can but jeez it’s not ideal.
He's altered his routine and it's definitely improved. No where near as big an issue it was a few weeks ago. He missed one really gettable one and it hit the back of the post. The other two he missed were on a really tight angles and in windy conditions. You'd give most players a better chance of missing them than making them.

The only one he had from a much more gettable spot never looked like missing, and those were the type of shots he was spraying earlier in the year.

Yeah I was wondering if that thumb injury makes it hard for him to hold tackles as he was really well positioned and chased well but couldn’t stick them.

Pretty sure one of them was on either Balta or Nank, Sonny would be 70kgs wringing wet (I.e last night!) whereas those guys would be in the 100-110 kg territory. He was on a hiding to nothing on that one but at least got there to put pressure on.
But yeah, otherwise he did let a couple slip through.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cox was ok for first game back, but took an eternity to pick up the ball... Had time to go to the loo and come back for him to complete the action lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I think he was just being played out of position due to glut of mids, but now with the forward rotation he's playing more inside and showing he's a gun. The good thing is his time on the wing will make him more balanced long term. The JLo master plan builds...
I agree, and to me it looks like excellent player development. I know he's big, as in tall, but playing him outside gives his body, skills and confidence time to develop.

Shouldn't be missed that Richmond really gave it a go as well. That was a 50 point win, in horrible conditions against a side that genuinely wanted but it were completely outclassed.

All things considered, EXTREMELY exciting for where this group is going. David Walls needs a statue because the talent we have is unreal.
Didnt realise he was robert walls’ son?!

Does anyone know where to find those team comparison tables that show average ages, games played etc etc?

Some things from last night
Young not only has great ability by hand and foot but has great hands over head. Very strong hands.
Johnno is coming along beautifully. Very cool head under pressure. Stong in the contest. Not afraid of body contact.A real bonus.
Coxy slowly worked his way back into the team. A real bonus coming back in time for conditioning his body for finals.
Treacy is a Giant in our team.
When we won the ball out side and switched to the run down the middle, we became far more dangerous looking.
Draper will be loss if his cork does not heel before next week. But, we have Davies now with a couple og games under his belt.
Switta gives enormous pressure..... all game.
A good win after a poor and uninspiring second quarter.
They lifted greatly after haf time.
A shame Darcy will miss next week. Just finding football fitness.
Jacksons early jump in the third quarter bounce was classic ruck work. Stood on Nank, took possession with one hand, broke away and delivered a perfect pass resulting in a goal. Magic stuff from our Unicorn.
Tipping us against the Hawks next week.

Nankervis is a champion ruckman. He’s what Darcy will become in 4-5 years, provided he can stay injury free and commit to being professional athlete. No-one can compete with Nank physically. Athletically Jackson jumped all over him.

Horses for courses.

I think the main reason why we lost clearances by 7 (very unusual) was that Nankervis was just taking them out of the ruck and booting it after Darcy went off. He had 4 clearances in the first half but 7 in the second half (most on the ground).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone disappointed in the crowd? 42k isn't bad but after the Swans win was thinking we'd crack 50k.

Perhaps a combo of the weather and school holidays?
Still don’t think we are loud enough

Maybe I have too high expectations?

Going to my first MCG games in a few weeks
Keen to get a gauge on what loud is like over there

Anyone disappointed in the crowd? 42k isn't bad but after the Swans win was thinking we'd crack 50k.

Perhaps a combo of the weather and school holidays?
when I looked at seats to purchase, there were very few available seats anywhere near us - at the game, nobody was sitting in them

Still don’t think we are loud enough

Maybe I have too high expectations?

Going to my first MCG games in a few weeks
Keen to get a gauge on what loud is like over there
I'm really disappointed with the cheer squad (or lack of) this year - there were very few chants etc. I did love the bag pipes at 3/4 time

We went to the Melbourne game last year and we were disappointed in the MCG crowd and the atmosphere in general. Our intro of the players etc is so much more exciting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back