Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

My take away from the game was GC should just fold. What a waste of time, money and talent.

They have a nice stadium and a swelling grassroots movement that should translate into decent support/talent in the future but they are a horrendously run organisation. Fire everyone, scrap the song and jumper and start over from scratch. GC is more deserving of a team than Western Sydney but they're run by a bunch of drunken monkeys. 10 years in and they've looked decent maybe once, thanks to a freak season from Ablett. Very frustrating club

1st qtr was ok. That 2nd qtr though... my god.

I feel like in the last few years, when we've played like we did in the 2nd quarter we have generally played like that the whole game. The coaches must be doing something right to shake that off and bring much better skills in the 2nd half.

They have a nice stadium and a swelling grassroots movement that should translate into decent support/talent in the future but they are a horrendously run organisation. Fire everyone, scrap the song and jumper and start over from scratch. GC is more deserving of a team than Western Sydney but they're run by a bunch of drunken monkeys. 10 years in and they've looked decent maybe once, thanks to a freak season from Ablett. Very frustrating club
GC are a young developing team. They've played some good footy this year. They're going alright.

Hopefully they've got the off field stuff sorted. They're a key investment for the AFL. Qld is a fast growing state.

I haven't looked at the votes or given mine yet, but I have to say that first half when my eyes were bleeding and everyone around me at the ground was groaning, Colyer and Duman stood up when the boys on the big bucks were fumbling, looking disinterested, turning it over, waving arms and basically cocking it up.
Yet in the second half when we finally looked like a team and the class shone through I barely noticed them.
I guess that means they're not elite but Jesus, at least they're honest players.
Duman was leading fantasy points at half time, and towards the bottom half at fulltime, lol.

I thought tucker was okay. I think the problem was the players were trying to feed him to much. gave it to him when he really shouldn't have been the target.

My comments on Facebook about what a campaigner Margetts is got me a 3 day ban. No sense of humour that mob.

I have only read the last three pages of this thread, but was surprised by the lack of comments about that absolute campaigner!
Maybe you mob wore yourselves out earlier in the thread, I don’t know, but, jeez, how is he still allowed to umpire our games?

I feel like in the last few years, when we've played like we did in the 2nd quarter we have generally played like that the whole game. The coaches must be doing something right to shake that off and bring much better skills in the 2nd half.

That's actually one of the things that gives me hope JLo is going to make it as a good coach. I've noticed a real trend that when we're having a bad qtr we bounce back after he's spoken to the group during the break and reinforced his message. It's at the point where I actually expect it now.

I'm sure many here remember that horror patch we went through under Harvey where whatever he said to the boys at 3 qtr time seemed to paralyse them in the last qtr. It was one of the reasons why late 2011 was the most depressed I've ever felt as Freo supporter, because I could see we were going nowhere under him.

I have only read the last three pages of this thread, but was surprised by the lack of comments about that absolute campaigner!
Maybe you mob wore yourselves out earlier in the thread, I don’t know, but, jeez, how is he still allowed to umpire our games?
The holding the man he gave against Treacy was right in front of me. RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. ME. I was about ready to storm the field and pull him off. He was disgraceful tonight

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The holding the man he gave against Treacy was right in front of me. RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. ME. I was about ready to storm the fielding and pull him off. He was disgraceful tonight
That was a shocking call. One of many.

The holding the man he gave against Treacy was right in front of me. RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. ME. I was about ready to storm the fielding and pull him off. He was disgraceful tonight
Nah, don’t pull him off, punch him in the head instead! :moustache:

That's actually one of the things that gives me hope JLo is going to make it as a good coach. I've noticed a real trend that when we're having a bad qtr we bounce back after he's spoken to the group during the break and reinforced his message. It's at the point where I actually expect it now.

I'm sure many here remember that horror patch we went through under Harvey where whatever he said to the boys at 3 qtr time seemed to paralyse them in the last qtr. It was one of the reasons why late 2011 was the most depressed I've ever felt as Freo supporter, because I could see we were going nowhere under him.
Yeah, the fade outs under Harvey were horrendous. Also happened under Connolly, we’d be in the game and then just completely go absent in the last. I think there was a game against Melbourne in 2004 where we didn’t score at all in the last quarter and were a couple of goals up at 3QT.

Yeah, the fade outs under Harvey were horrendous. Also happened under Connolly, we’d be in the game and then just completely go absent in the last. I think there was a game against Melbourne in 2004 where we didn’t score at all in the last quarter and were a couple of goals up at 3QT.
Lol even worse than I thought

how the hell did Connolly survive that for three extra years?

Which Gold Coast player cleaned up a field umpire in the 4th? What happened there? Looked like the ump did a shoulder.
think it was Markov, didn’t have the best view of it but looked like they just ran into each other
The holding the man he gave against Treacy was right in front of me. RIGHT. IN. FRONT. OF. ME. I was about ready to storm the field and pull him off. He was disgraceful tonight
i still can’t believe that call, genuinely one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time

think it was Markov, didn’t have the best view of it but looked like they just ran into each other

i still can’t believe that call, genuinely one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time
I’m not one to really think umpires are corrupt but **** me, that call was some incredible bullshit that defies belief, and it lead straight to a GC goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back