Funky Carl on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

That was interesting. He said that why should we have a restriction in the constitution when say a side like Hawthorn doesn't. He used the example of us playing 4 games a year in hobart, and then getting offered a one off game in Auckland for big bucks. Under the ammendmant we'd have to call an EGM.

I see where he and JB are coming from, but i find the above situation highly unlikely.

Again didn't catch the segment. A Constitution needs to be organisation specific. Only two other AFL clubs have Merger clauses in their Constitutions - Hawthorn & the Western Bulldogs. Why because both have been subject to that presure in the past. If our motion is successful I would expect the Bulldogs to consider such a change.

I didn't hear the segment so I don't know the context of the remark. But at a meeting with Carl when we discussed various scenarios I can recall saying that I hadn't considered that particular situation but at the end of the meeting I left no uncertainty that WANM was committed to the motion as it stood.

PS, I'm not the head of WANM, I am the spokesperson on this issue.

Hi Lim, who is the head of WANM? And does it have financial backing or purely volunteer based?

That was interesting. He said that why should we have a restriction in the constitution when say a side like Hawthorn doesn't. He used the example of us playing 4 games a year in hobart, and then getting offered a one off game in Auckland for big bucks. Under the ammendmant we'd have to call an EGM.

I see where he and JB are coming from, but i find the above situation highly unlikely.

If we move out of the stone age, this could be done online. I am more than a little annoyed that the leaders of this club think it is not a big deal to be losing 5 of our 11 home games. It is a big deal and should never be undertaken lightly. They need to stop prostituting the club.

If we move out of the stone age, this could be done online. I am more than a little annoyed that the leaders of this club think it is not a big deal to be losing 5 of our 11 home games. It is a big deal and should never be undertaken lightly. They need to stop prostituting the club.
Agreed,

If JB can come on and proclaim that the club will not be going anywhere while he is in charge (max another 4 years mind you) then why not give all the supporters which are the vital part of the NMFC some piece of mind with a max 4 home games being sold a year.

Like Tas said, nearly everyone in this day and age has an email address, if the club were to get a deal to play a one of game somewhere for ridiculous $$$ then they could easily send out an email with a detailed description and then we the members could let them know how we feel about it, this isn't the 90's where IT wasn't a vital part of everyday society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Funky Carl on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back