Preview Changes v Carlton (Sun 21/7, 4:40pm Twilight, Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and we still have people on here saying we only need to make 2-3 list changes - we will need to make closer to 10 changes again if we want to remove the amount of dead wood that piles up and down at Arden St year in year out.
It is a balance. Delisting a bunch and bringing in a bunch of new 18 year old late draft picks (who probably will also not make it), will not help us build depth.

We already have the youngest list in the comp and having a competitive VFL team will help us.

Players like Lazzaro, Drury, Harvey probably will not make it at AFL level, but they will get better and so will our VFL team if we keep them.

Delist enough to bring in top end talent (via draft or trade).

It is a balance. Delisting a bunch and bringing in a bunch of new 18 year old late draft picks (who probably will also not make it), will not help us build depth.

We already have the youngest list in the comp and having a competitive VFL team will help us.

Players like Lazzaro, Drury, Harvey probably will not make it at AFL level, but they will get better and so will our VFL team if we keep them.

Delist enough to bring in top end talent (via draft or trade).
That's the point though - the draft is ok for 3-4 players but we have to be out there bringing in the FA's or trades - it's a road to no where saying we will persist with the likes of CT, Blake Drury, Hamish Free, Lazz etc etc.

Yes its a 'balance' but the balance has been way lopsided in recent years. We need to be far more aggressive in recruiting - and willing to pay substantial 'overs' to get players to play here.

Clarko and Viney would be the highest paid coach/FD in the game - we need to see results from this in terms of recruitment.

So far their 'reputation' has had zero impact on our recruiting - and clearly there have been extenuating circumstances behind this.

However those circumstances are now over and we need to see significant improvements in this area.

That's the point though - the draft is ok for 3-4 players but we have to be out there bringing in the FA's or trades - it's a road to no where saying we will persist with the likes of CT, Blake Drury, Hamish Free, Lazz etc etc.

Yes its a 'balance' but the balance has been way lopsided in recent years. We need to be far more aggressive in recruiting - and willing to pay substantial 'overs' to get players to play here.

Clarko and Viney would be the highest paid coach/FD in the game - we need to see results from this in terms of recruitment.

So far their 'reputation' has had zero impact on our recruiting - and clearly there have been extenuating circumstances behind this.

However those circumstances are now over and we need to see significant improvements in this area.
Delisting 10 players and going after a high profile free agent are different things.

Anyone else noticed that the app doesn’t have tickets for the next two games showing? I’m guessing it’s to do with this IT crisis. Has anything been said about getting into tomorrow’s game?
I sorted it out by deleting the App and reloading it.

That might undermine the value of your critiques of our players and coaches

Ok yep, I’m sure I missed so many amazing things by not meticulously watching every single passage of play in our >10 goal loss 👍🏼

(I’ve also watched it again since)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, I’ll hopefully see all the game today. Can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since I was at the Gold Coast match. Feels like longer!

Seeing Lmac live was a life altering experience too. Well, not quite. But I respected him a lot more. I can see what they see in terms of leadership. (I still think he’s better suited to rugby though, he seems to love being wrapped up in tackles).

Seeing Lmac live was a life altering experience too. Well, not quite. But I respected him a lot more. I can see what they see in terms of leadership. (I still think he’s better suited to rugby though, he seems to love being wrapped up in tackles).
The ultimate stoppage creator 👍😊

Cannot for the life of me understand it, but have been told Chom forward is happening.

I get it if we wanna push their defence, but why not keep Dawson? Corr, Chom, Dawson to Corr, Logue is a big change…

Cannot for the life of me understand it, but have been told Chom forward is happening.

I get it if we wanna push their defence, but why not keep Dawson? Corr, Chom, Dawson to Corr, Logue is a big change…
They're pretty small up forward, other than McKay and Curnow, aren't they?

They're pretty small up forward, other than McKay and Curnow, aren't they?
And every time we’ve played them we’ve gone 1v1 with undersized defenders and been smoked,

I’d be happier with Chom playing on McKay and Logue intercepting as the 3rd tall

And every time we’ve played them we’ve gone 1v1 with undersized defenders and been smoked,

I’d be happier with Chom playing on McKay and Logue intercepting as the 3rd tall
Meh.

We take a look or two at Chom forward with us winning the odd I50 this year we can make smarter decisions come draft / FA / trade time this off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back