Future Magpies Watch '09

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummaa... Snag is trying to ruin an otherwise excellent thread!! Can we card her? Nah bugger that, throw her to the lions... how about we card her AND throw her to the lions? Not the Brisbane Lions though cause they suck! I'd back Snag in a fight with those nancy girls anytime!

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere that this thread was trying to avoid general discussion about any random draftee (who may or may not follow Collingwood) unless there was a chance that we would one day pick them up (which means we are likely to be in a situation where we have first right to them - ie father/sons, rookies, NSW rookies, international rookies, etc).

May be wrong. TRS, can you please confirm? Otherwise the thread scope would be extremely broad.

Otherwise Snag, you may want to post this type of request on the Draft and Trading board. The respondents are likely to come from a far wider cross section, and therefore more likely to give some real information.

Cheers,

Silly me!
118ezih.gif

Sir you are correct.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss current or potential NSW scholarship holders, potential international rookies, and potential father-son rule draftees.

Think I've got it now. :thumbsu:

Ummaa... Snag is trying to ruin an otherwise excellent thread!! Can we card her? Nah bugger that, throw her to the lions... how about we card her AND throw her to the lions? Not the Brisbane Lions though cause they suck! I'd back Snag in a fight with those nancy girls anytime!

If they'd given me five minutes with Fev and a wet fish, Carlton would never have had to trade him.

Speak not of the wunderkind. :D

Having done some more recent research, it's clear why we couldn't sign him this year... way too young.

Hopefully we are still the front-runners.
Will he be of age next year and would you know if other clubs have approached him.

Got Some News about NSW Scholarship:

Ben has been told by the club he wont be drafted by the pies,...Ben had a bad yr due to injuries and i think the pies may regret this decision in the future, no one gives more than Ben and im sure we will see him in the AFL soon ,sadly it wont be with the pies, maybe in blue and white of the roos.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=901048#901048

That's the disappointing aspect of footy and life.

There are no guarantees.

Kid would have felt quite confident of doing enough to get selected by the club after he initially signed as NSW scholarship holder.

That's just the way it goes.

Looks to be a very promising mature-age prospect. 2 league and 3 club best and fairests and part of premiership teams at the age of 22 is outstanding.
The accolades from his coach and team-mates suggest a player of high skill,courage,leadership and loyalty to club and team-mates.
We could do a lot worse than take a punt and draft this bloke at pick 78 in the national draft.

talked to various people involved and many clubs have shown interest in pitt with collingwood definitely the keenest. and hes also jmac's cousin

Reckon Pitt would be a Good Get in the Late in the Draft or Early Rookie Pick.

Video of Pitt:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2mkktmhvhd

Right Thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate. I think the idea initially of this thread was to reserve if for kids that we actually have some degree of exclusivity over.

Father/sons, rookies, NSW scholarships, international rookies, etc.

Not just random draft / rookie selections.
Totaly correct. I've long enjoyed checking this thread (even though I've hardly had anything to contribute myself). It's as said above - about players we actually have some sort of exclusive hold over.

Possible draft prospects gave other threads - don't want this one derailed.

Totaly correct. I've long enjoyed checking this thread (even though I've hardly had anything to contribute myself). It's as said above - about players we actually have some sort of exclusive hold over.

Possible draft prospects gave other threads - don't want this one derailed.

Sorry I will make a New Thread about that then

Hi,

Maybe we should be looking to America, like Shae McNamara as a future, untapped Magpie, which also doesn't use a draft pick. :)

Bret

Hi,

Maybe we should be looking to America, like Shae McNamara as a future, untapped Magpie, which also doesn't use a draft pick. :)

Bret

Well would love to but I doubt many would come because they won't be making as much money if they played there Chosen Sports

Well would love to but I doubt many would come because they won't be making as much money if they played there Chosen Sports

Isn't that sad? When did sports become all about the money? In the states, many hometeams lose great players due to greed. Grant it, that if the player draws the crowd, he should be paid more, but sigh.

Isn't that sad? When did sports become all about the money? In the states, many hometeams lose great players due to greed. Grant it, that if the player draws the crowd, he should be paid more, but sigh.

Players do leave for Money but it's a lot Harder then it is in the NBA,NFL or NHL

Remove this Banner Ad

Future Magpies Watch '09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back