Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

* sake, haven’t watched it yet but honestly if you can’t even get the chip off your shoulder for your own clubs *ing BNF!!! Of all places. Like time and a place man geez.

How can the club still have any faith he’s up to the job

Luckily Naughton signed on for another 8 after this contract as the next 2 are going to be a waste

I am over been angry at the Bev situation and I am now moving to been concerned for him. He seems a shadow of who he was.

As for some in the football department like Grant they have to go as of yesterday

Bev’s speech was a reminder that nothing has changed.

Bevo couldn’t organise a root in brothel ffs.

Get the man some half decent assistants please.

I thought it was said on this board there would be an announcement today
Was told this morning to ''expect some big news tonight'' - Not a specific on what, I didn't think it would be contractual (Naughton) but something to do with coaching, that was my bad on what thread to post it in.

Just watched the Bevo speech, I didn’t actually find it that bad to be honest, thought it was going to be worse from the way it was made out here - he’s been like that in front of a camera since the day he got to the club, didn’t think he was noticeably down or anything.

Obviously a huge amount of change at the club which is needed, we need to get this right and I know we haven’t fired a shot yet but it’s early days. Hopefully the whole joint gets a nice refresh from the coaching to the fitness regimen and we can find a bit of that bulldogs character we briefly had.

Edit: didn’t hear anything about him being defensive for position changes etc so maybe that was a different speech?

Edit: didn’t hear anything about him being defensive for position changes etc so maybe that was a different speech?
Looks like they cut the speech at the wrong time. I was listening with one ear but it was a comment about being criticised in the past for playing players in different positions but the only one he regrets was Easton Wood to the forward line (can't remember the greater context of why he said that). But the speech seemed fine, certainly wasn't rattled or unprepared or whatever else people want to believe they saw.

Beveridge actually spoke most clearly tonight when he occasionally stopped looking at notes or reading them verbatim, looked upand expanded on what he'd written instinctively. I know it was still a prepared piece in his head, but maybe he needs to freestyle more (not stream of conscious though!).
Everybody is different, some suffer stage fright and some are just sozzled, but for seasoned speakers like Bevo this is the best way to go.

Have bullet notes in case you lose your train of thought and to check that you've covered all the key points, but if you're on top of your subject it should just flow, looking straight at the audience.

Bevo couldn’t organise a root in brothel ffs.

Get the man some half decent assistants please.
Wait ... they have organised roots?

I knew I shouldn't have been freelancing.

So right now we have three coaches, is that right?
Bevo
Lade
Spangher

Plus our vfl coach in Edge
Edge and Maddocks are still there.

Smith, Webb & Varcoe are the confirmed departures. Maybe Martin too.

So we’re in the market for at 4 coaches and it’s looking unlikely that there will be any significant structural change.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like they cut the speech at the wrong time. I was listening with one ear but it was a comment about being criticised in the past for playing players in different positions but the only one he regrets was Easton Wood to the forward line (can't remember the greater context of why he said that). But the speech seemed fine, certainly wasn't rattled or unprepared or whatever else people want to believe they saw.

Maybe my memory doesn’t serve me adequately but I’m of the opinion that he looked far less composed last night than the Bevo of a few years ago. There’s a fatigue about him. I’m not a regular Bevo basher in here, so not looking for every opportunity to denigrate the guy. Just purely how I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe my memory doesn’t serve me adequately but I’m of the opinion that he looked far less composed last night than the Bevo of a few years ago. There’s a fatigue about him. I’m not a regular Bevo basher in here, so not looking for every opportunity to denigrate the guy. Just purely how I saw it.

My sense is that he has copped the wrath of some fans. I mean we vent on here, and that is where it stays, with the exception of emails to the club. But some fans don’t know how to emotionally regulate, and abuse or even make death threats in the case of Josh Bruce.

My sense is that he has copped the wrath of some fans. I mean we vent on here, and that is where it stays, with the exception of emails to the club. But some fans don’t know how to emotionally regulate, and abuse or even make death threats in the case of Josh Bruce.

Agree mate. Impossible to avoid 100% of the noise. The fact he opened up with a line saying he was concerned nobody would show up to the B&F (I’m paraphrasing) shows he is aware. I thought it was the platform to give the supporter base some inspiration and it was just not there last night.

I didn't mind Bevo's speech.

I liked that he praised the Footscray boys, beginning his speech by congratulating the top three in their best and fairest, giving kudos to Edge (for the 11 game win streak) and mentioning that winning culture will hopefully be a building block for the entire footy club next season. Not every coach would think to include the VFL team in a similar speech so I think it's important to acknowledge Bevo has once again showed he selfless he is and how much he cares.

I had absolutely no issue with Bevo's commentary about the external noise of others criticising his positional moves. It's great that he has confidence to make those calls and there's actually truth in what he is saying. Good on him sticking fat and backing himself. The one he regrets is the one we all regret - moving Easton Wood forward. He has nailed a lot of his positional moves and for some reason there's a weird obsession for some supporters to overlook that when we aren't performing to expectations.

Bevo was literally just trying to have a laugh with the Woody forward quip. It just fell a little flat and didn’t completely hit within the room.

Go easy on him, let’s give him the benefit of the doubt to start the year. If it turns into the same old shit, then revolt. But he’s been given a kick up the ass and hopefully the pressure is well and truly on.

I can’t help but feel that quite a few posters are seeing in Bevo how they feel themselves.

Perhaps take a short spell and have a bit of a freshen up?

The negativity is all consuming at the moment and bigfooty is not overly enjoyable as a result.

Sorry folks, didn’t mean to sound like I was continuing the Bevo negativity. I actually premised my original post on being concerned with how he’s travelling.

I think as Bevo is going to be here for at least the next 12months, we need to get behind him, it’s our job as supporters. No one is bigger than the club, and let’s face it, we don’t want him to fail.

I think as Bevo is going to be here for at least the next 12months, we need to get behind him, it’s our job as supporters. No one is bigger than the club, and let’s face it, we don’t want him to fail.

Absolutely right. Think I echo most people when I say I love the guy, want him to regain that spark and would love nothing more than for him to be the coach that leads us to success.

Some very salty pies supporters in their trade List Management thread. Someone said the dogs have a "houso supporter base" 😅 I feel attacked
I’m more of a Fat Pizza type of guy myself.

(Swift and Shift is critically underrated as well)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back