g ablett round 3 and 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ablett has had a very good start to the season.

In Rd 1 he had 24 disposals 1 goal and 5 clearances 9 inside 50's in a game where he should gets votes.

In Rd 2 he had 34 disposals 2 goals 4 clearances 8 inside 50's and was probably BOG.

In Rd 3 he had 31 possessions 1.3 goal 3 clearances 1 inside 50. Accurate goal kicking would have seen him with votes.

In Rd 4 he had 26 possessions 4 clearances 4 inside 50's. With only 1 ineffective kick that game.

So this year he is averaging:
29 possessions
1 goal
4 clearances
6 inside 50's

That is phenomenal start to the year and people are wondering why he is down. WTF do you want from him?

Did you even read the posts above yours? We have clearly stated numerous times that we're not interested in how many stats he had, rather his body language on the field and overall efforts.

Did you even read the posts above yours? We have clearly stated numerous times that we're not interested in how many stats he had, rather his body language on the field and overall efforts.

Yeah I did catch that but it is pretty hard to put up an argument to something unquantifiable.

- His body language? Its always been crap!

- His effort has been 1st rate. Rediculous to say otherwise. He has been winning so many balls in dispute where he shouldn't be through sheer will and determination. How the hell can you say a players work rate is down when he racks up 31 & 26 disposals?

- Someone said he was getting most of his possessions across H/B. That's clearly wrong based on inside 50's numbers and delivering to the forwards has been nothing short of fantastic.

I think he's just frustrated at being tagged and has a short fuse from being elbowed, held, blocked and poked at every stoppage.

This thread is almost as bad as some idiot Geelong 'supporter' at the game on Saturday telling me he was sick of seeing Geelong win by so much every week because he likes a contest.

OK, so Gaz isn't completely tearing them apart last couple of weeks like he was last year, but he's still playing plenty of very good football. He's getting double and triple teamed around the ball any time he gets it, and I saw it again on Saturday, but as the game wore on, he broke them down and finished by having a fine game.

He's only going to get better as the season rolls on, same with Jimmy B, and if the footy they both played these last couple of weeks is as bad as it's going to get from them this season, we are doing very very well.

I think Ablett has had a very good start to the season.

In Rd 1 he had 24 disposals 1 goal and 5 clearances 9 inside 50's in a game where he should gets votes.

In Rd 2 he had 34 disposals 2 goals 4 clearances 8 inside 50's and was probably BOG.

In Rd 3 he had 31 possessions 1.3 goal 3 clearances 1 inside 50. Accurate goal kicking would have seen him with votes.

In Rd 4 he had 26 possessions 4 clearances 4 inside 50's. With only 1 ineffective kick that game.

So this year he is averaging:
29 possessions
1 goal
4 clearances
6 inside 50's

That is phenomenal start to the year and people are wondering why he is down. WTF do you want from him?

I was just passing by, but damn, those are some amazing stats!

Remove this Banner Ad

g ablett round 3 and 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back