Autopsy Cats lose 4th straight to GWS by 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so interesting to see how people in here rate other teams and players so much more favourable than our own.

How is Essendon all of a sudden this powerhouse that is so much better than us and will beat us in finals if we made it.

Yes we are not playing great football at the moment but every team will have a form lapse this year.

Essendon have had the easiest of draws to date so we will see how they come home

Carlton and Melbourne aren’t playing great football every week

Brisbane haven’t started

GWS, Port, Pies look good in patches but average in others.

It’s a long season and if we can hit our straps after the bye we are as much a chance as anyone

A midfield of Danger, Guth, Bruhn, Bowes, Holmes, Blitz playing well is good enough

Have some faith people

Essendon ain’t much chop, they’re decent but by no means the 2nd best team in the comp, same as when we were 7-0 a game clear on top a month ago, we weren’t the best team.

7-4 is probably a fair reflection of where we are with our list it’s just that it’s come in 7 straight wins and then 4 straight defeats instead of staggered W’L’s.

Essendon ain’t much chop, they’re decent but by no means the 2nd best team in the comp, same as when we were 7-0 a game clear on top a month ago, we weren’t the best team.

7-4 is probably a fair reflection of where we are with our list it’s just that it’s come in 7 straight wins and then 4 straight defeats instead of staggered W’L’s.
Agreed. My view this year is we just make or miss the finals.

Am absolutely disgusted by the denigration + ridicule heaped upon Jack Flash by numerous posters.

So much so, I have to speak out to the whole board. Even though it would be easier to just report those, who are spewing derogatory comments!

Those endorsing that kind of shade with ‘likes’ are also culpable.

This kind of behaviour is not the Geelong way!

If you dislike someone keep scrolling or put onto ignore.

Frankly, this type of disparagement + victimisation speaks volumes + more about those dishing out the vileness, than Jack Flash.

5DD38FC4-6858-47BE-B09F-CCAF0F7EF26F.jpeg
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/setting-the-tone-gfc-season-2023.1257466/

Edited: Corrected from Jumping Jack to Jack Flash

Last edited:
Am absolutely disgusted by the denigration + ridicule heaped upon Jumping Jack by numerous posters.

So much so, I have to speak out to the whole board. Even though it would be easier to just report those, who are spewing derogatory comments!

Frankly, this type of disparagement + victimisation speaks volumes + more about those dishing out the vileness, than Jumping Jack.

View attachment 2002274
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/setting-the-tone-gfc-season-2023.1257466/

It's actually easier if you do report the posts and allow the mod team to deal with things from there

The Geelong mod team is based around the globe, working different hours and things can be missed - reporting posts brings it to the attention of the mods (and BF admin) allowing for action to be taken

Mullin a bit down - his opponent for most of the night, Toby Bedford had 3 touches. Somehow he was on Green for that last goal. Good as Green is he just threw it on the boot and it went through could just as easily shanked it.
Yeah harsh on Mullin. It was very unlucky that the kick got smothered and landed in the hands of Greene in the first place. But then the fact that Mullin could turn around and had the speed to close the gap quick enough to apply pressure on the kick is something that not many others in our team could have done

It's actually easier if you do report the posts and allow the mod team to deal with things from there

The Geelong mod team is based around the globe, working different hours and things can be missed - reporting posts brings it to the attention of the mods (and BF admin) allowing for action to be taken
I acknowledge it’s more appropriate to report, for mods to take action.

However, when I said “easier to report”, I meant, it being a passive act, instead of expressing it publicly.

Hawkins need to be sat in the goal square as a long option because as he gets further up the field his oppo player runs off him. We also need to get Cameron back into the f50 more often as well because he and Stengle right now are the only two capable of kicking 4+ in a match.

And we need midfield changes. 5 straight games of getting smashed early and the midfield only gets into it when the oppo midfield tires later in games.
Say what you want about Hardie, I don't understand the reluctance to give him games when we are getting so little out of O'Connor or Parfitt. We recruited a mature aged mid, he has been smashing it in the ressies in an area of the field we are struggling and we aren't rewarding the hard work with a game.

If Blicavs is out we need to bring Stanley in because Nank the Tank will be too physical for Conway over a whole match and probably Neale too. But Stanley has to be told this is last chance saloon. Dude is big and strong he needs to get physical with Nankervis.
Re game against Richmond - I think Tomahawk as a hit up target still works and he can kick goals from anywhere. However, Cameron needs to spend more time forward as well to spread the defence. Neale as an extra tall might solve the problem but that experiment needs more time.

Do you think we can blame Holmes for our current losing streak - we go 7-0 without a player reaching 30+ disposals, and then against Melbourne & subsequent weeks this happens… 😉

View attachment 2001775

And yes this is a total pisstake
I blame it on his contract extension. As soon as he signed we proceeded to shit the bed.

This isn't surprising in the slightest. First 7 weeks of the season, we were the 2nd best team in terms of conceding scores from opponent's inside 50 entries. Over the last month, we've been the 18th best.

This isn't surprising in the slightest. First 7 weeks of the season, we were the 2nd best team in terms of conceding scores from opponent's inside 50 entries. Over the last month, we've been the 18th best.
The midfield has definitely been poor which contributes to the opposition having great entries, but even on slow plays we've looked super suspect down back. Just off gut feel Z. Guthrie and Kolo are the only two I'd back in at the minute to beat/neutralise their opponent in a 50/50 which I couldn't imagine saying a couple years of ago.

We had Patrick Dangerfield - end of story - end of debate

Champion player , great to watch , and carried Geelong for Years , along with Joel

Take him out of the side , Geel go from a bona fide top 4 team - quite dangerous opponent who can beat anyone - to an average quite beatable side

And when he isnt playing , he cant carry those average Geel players - and there is quite a few of them in the current Geelong team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am absolutely disgusted by the denigration + ridicule heaped upon Jumping Jack by numerous posters.

Frankly, this type of disparagement + victimisation speaks volumes + more about those dishing out the vileness, than Jumping Jack.

View attachment 2002274

I reported the post calling him a flog. Apparently it is acceptable 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 2002274
I'm doubting you're standing up for the right person here, think you may be inadvertently referencing the wrong person

Jackflash has had a few pile on. Jumping Jack's recent comments seem benign and largely agreeable opinions

I'm doubting you're standing up for the right person here, think you may be inadvertently referencing the wrong person

Jackflash has had a few pile on. Jumping Jack's recent comments seem benign and largely agreeable opinions
I've definitely criticised a poster before having completely mistaken him for the wrong person. I don’t think I'll cast the first stone

Champion player , great to watch , and carried Geelong for Years , along with Joel

Take him out of the side , Geel go from a bona fide top 4 team - quite dangerous opponent who can beat anyone - to an average quite beatable side

And when he isnt playing , he cant carry those average Geel players - and there is quite a few of them in the current Geelong team

Dangerfield only played 3.5 games in our 7 game winning streak

He was clearly BOG in our win over St Kilda, played a role in our win over Adelaide but others had more influence. Others also stood up when he went off against Carlton

There's no doubting his importance, but we really weren't showing a reliance on him during that winning streak

There’s 46 players out there, the impact of one single player is negligible.

We didn't have Dangerfield for 3 of those games, and he went off injured halfway through a 4th. His presence wasn't the sole reason we were firing on all cylinders early on in the year.

I've definitely criticised a poster before having completely mistaken him for the wrong person. I don’t think I'll cast the first stone

What have I done now?

Maybe not me this time but I don’t lose sleep over whether people like me or not. Low down on the list of life’s priorities.

I think there might be a few easily offended snow flakes floating around the board but they don’t worry me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What have I done now?

Maybe not me this time but I don’t lose sleep over whether people like me or not. Low down on the list of life’s priorities.

I think there might be a few easily offended snow flakes floating around the board but they don’t worry me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah nothing to do with you and nothing I posted this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back