News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably 150 by the time they get the review panel set up.
It should be finished under 100 days after the election if they win.
I doubt they really need that much time anyhow.
I think he has allowed a few weeks off over the Christmas/New Year period in those 100 days.
I would be surprised if he did not have his panel names in place now on the good chance they win the election.
The panel would have to do the majority of their work pre-Christmas.
The first thing they should request is all the files from the Quirk review.

Last edited:
It should be finished under 100 days after the election if they win.
I doubt they really need that much time anyhow.
I think he has allowed a few weeks off over the Christmas/New Year period in those 100 days.
I would be surprised if he did not have his panel names in place now on the good chance they win the election.
The first thing they should request is all the files from the Kirk review.
1729641389832.png

1729641430612.png

The Kirk review, or the Quirk review?

The first thing they should request is all the files from the Quirk review.
I admire your optimism. Remember these guys are politicians. They will find ways to invent red tape and draw out the process to 2026 and beyond. If it goes ahead at all.

I admire your optimism. Remember these guys are politicians. They will find ways to invent red tape and draw out the process to 2026 and beyond. If it goes ahead at all.

Conversely though that's why I reckon Crisafulli will make it happen... is there a bigger ego massage than driving past something like this after it's built going "I made that happen"...

The need for legacy is strong...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the recent uptick in ALP doing well in the polls this week, I wonder how Crisafulli would handle trying to get a new stadium built if he's in minority government with the Katter Party.

Nah
Quirk got it done under the 60 days and Labor did not take long to set up the terms of reference.
As i previously said 100 days is too long. If the LNP said 200 days, the panel would just stretch it to 200 days just more money to the panel.
A lot of the preliminary work on options has been done. The new panel can access via the Quirk files.
They will also have access to venues work in progress that may not be able to be changed anyhow.
I doubt they look at the athletics villages unless they want more rooms (a possibility) at the Gold Coast venue to move athletics.
However, the athlete's village process is fairly well advanced as are other "minor venues" projects as you would expect after 3 years.
Crisafulli is moving athletics from QSAC, so he only has a few options.
Athletics could be at one of these two venues. The Gabba (so no T20) or Carrara (so, no T20). That would mean big disruptions to those using Carrara/Gabba. Build a new stadium. Move athletics interstate which would be crazy.

Four things need to be in the terms of reference in my opinion.
However, i am only confident he will include one that being number 4 "must include a T20 cricket venue":
(1) Return State/Commonwealth agreement to 50/50 split.
(2) Include a new stadium option along with no new stadium in the terms of reference. So, two choices for the LNP to decide on.
(3) Consider options for the Brisbane Arena build including another venue site, delaying or cancelling.
(4) Make allowances for T20 cricket which was excluded last time for some crazy unknown reason. T20 is certain to be added to the Olympics for 2032 and will need at least one large oval shaped venue to host T20. The Gabba the obvious one.

With the recent uptick in ALP doing well in the polls this week, I wonder how Crisafulli would handle trying to get a new stadium built if he's in minority government with the Katter Party.
An uptick for Labour now, won't be able to change all of the votes already cast.

Crisafulli just went back on his crime promise to resign if the "total numbers" did not decline.
Now he has changed that to "per capita" for him to resign.
Strange considering "per capita" numbers under Labor have actually fallen.

Anyhow if he can go back on his "resign" on crime numbers promise in the state, i suppose we can hope he will change his mind on a new stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back