Game Day Discussion/Vent Thread Round 22 - The Final Round

Remove this Banner Ad

A few things from today:
1. This game meant nothing - nothing would've changed, which is why we played Cousins - who was arguably the reason we lost.
I disagree 100%. If Cousins was not playing today then the crowd would certainly not have been as loud, the heart would certainly not have come into the Tigers that they could win and we would certainly be looking at a 100 point drubbing.

I am not saying that we are terrible and certainly not saying that playing a player that was 30% fit was a good thing but playing Cuz was surely part of the reason we lifted after half time.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at half time I do certainly wonder what Hardwick said.

Well done Richmond for 3 quarters of good football, from this learn that 1 bad quarter will kill you.

Thanks for the memories Cuz!

Today we farewell a champion. Goodbye Matthew Knights. Hopefully, you find your footing in the footy world and one day return to our club as the champion you were.

8 years too late.

Lol. Good one.
icon10.gif

mate you dont want that coaching cancer back at punt road, he did the same thing with the PAMFC when he coached there, he was damn near chased out of the state. he has no clue, lucky essendon didnt have half a brain otherwise your champion coach dimma would be sitting with the red sashed ones.

Just a few things on the game.

Too handball happy.

Cringeworthy watching us going through the midfield in the 2nd quarter. Handball, handball, handball..we yell kick the *bleep* thing. You could telegraph what was going to happen. Too many handballs and too many handballs setting up teammates in poor positions. Thus, turnover and Port kick it away and goal.

A lot of positives today (Taylor, Morton in midfield and Cotchin, etc) but 2nd quarter was not acceptable and there's a lot to work on over the summer for DH and co.

Also, Schultz played good for us today! :D:thumbsu:

Still lacks consistency. Goes missing for large periods of games. It's his downfall and I doubt he will ever overcome it age 25 going on 26 next year.

Good decision to move him on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a few things on the game.

Too handball happy.

Cringeworthy watching us going through the midfield in the 2nd quarter. Handball, handball, handball..we yell kick the *bleep* thing. You could telegraph what was going to happen. Too many handballs and too many handballs setting up teammates in poor positions. Thus, turnover and Port kick it away and goal.

A lot of positives today (Taylor, Morton in midfield and Cotchin, etc) but 2nd quarter was not acceptable and there's a lot to work on over the summer for DH and co.
Agree with that. 2nd quarter was completely unnacceptable. Against a top side it would have been unacceptable, but against an ordinary side, it was horrid.
Just on Taylor...he needs to do a thorough preseason. His fitness is deplorable for an AFL listed player. He also looks scared...not for the contest, but scared to make a mistake and inevitably makes mistakes. I thought he showed some really good signs today though and he works hard, he could be a very very good player/

Thought the atmosphere was sensational today, especially in the second half when the tigers were coming. To see the black & yellow everywhere was amazing. The crowd noise in the second half was deafening. There is nothing better than when the tiger army is in full voice. Well done Tiger supporters, now make sure you buy a membership ticket for next season. The boys need our support.:thumbsu:

Our tackle count has been well down for a while now.

We had 20 to half time. 40 to 3/4 time. No wonder we got back in the game.

Looking forward to next year.

Sad to see Cuz gone. He may have cost us with mistakes, but was still rather good I thought. Made some terrible decisions to avoid kicking the ball though.

Best of luck to him.

it was a heartbreaker at the time, but thinking about it now... the outcome of the game was fairly irrelevant. we didn't get to sing the song and come away feeling good, but the fact is that they actually did bridge the 10 goal gap... the umpiring decision might have cost us that on the scoreboard, but that doesn't take away the fact that the team got there. one call one way or another doesn't change where we're at as a club as far as talent goes.

Watching yesterday during the Tigers amazing comeback, I saw the benefit your club can take out of having Cuzzy in the Black and Yellow for 2 years. It was like watching 18 of him from his West coast days. High intensity fast running attacking footy. Great to watch. Now if they could harness that passion and drive fro longer periods in games next year the Tige's are in good hands. Good luck in the future.

A lot of the usual over reaction stuff here folks. Something to remember is the side we fielded yesterday and how many were playing their first 5 games and at this point are certainly nowhere near our best 22. Add in whats on the injury list and 2011 is gonna be a fun ride. Maybe we wont threaten a top four until 2012 but the graph is pointing strongly upwards. I feel a shitload better at the end of this season than I did last!

A lot of the usual over reaction stuff here folks. Something to remember is the side we fielded yesterday and how many were playing their first 5 games and at this point are certainly nowhere near our best 22. Add in whats on the injury list and 2011 is gonna be a fun ride. Maybe we wont threaten a top four until 2012 but the graph is pointing strongly upwards. I feel a shitload better at the end of this season than I did last!

Said it all perfectly. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Discussion/Vent Thread Round 22 - The Final Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back