Gameday discussion/vent thread

Remove this Banner Ad

we will see you in the distant future, take care

I'm telling you Richmond is in big trouble!!!

If this list does not improve our membership & revenue will drop like the dow jones dropped on Thursday night!

Have you heard what's happened in Greece? It's coming to tiger land!

lol at hitouts. He got mauled in the ruck anywy.
How many k/m/h did he get?

No. I expect him to show something that vindicates being taken at pick No 8.

Do you have any perspective at all? Seriously mate, you're showing your complete lack of football intellect every time you go with this parade. Always, "I just want to see something...."

What about his pack mark going back with the flight? Or his work through traffic to release a player which resulted in our first goal?

Hardly saw anything of the kind from the elite rucks of the comp at similar ages.

Agree with Bazzar.

Great intensity in the first half, great attack on the ball and the man.

Too many first and second year players who haven't done the pre-seasons to run out a game and keep up that sort of work rate.

Disappointed the score blew out in the end, but I am stoked I can see the players changing and can see the signs of what is to come.

I just said he's showing as much as some of the elite ruckman in the comp were in their 2nd year. That not enough? Get some perspective you clown. Not to mention he's still about 10kg undersized and has a lot of maturing to do. Don't take that into account at all though.
Here's your perspective, clown:

Sandilands: pick n 33 in the ROOKIE draft
Cox: pick no 28 ROOKIE draft
McIntosh: pick No 9
Jamar: pick No 6 ROOKIE draft
Hille: pick no 40

Other than McIntosh, who is a reasonable to good player at best, the rest were taken digustingly low. But not our Tyrone.
So you can ram your perspective up your ****ing arse.

Do you have any perspective at all? Seriously mate, you're showing your complete lack of football intellect every time you go with this parade. Always, "I just want to see something...."

What about his pack mark going back with the flight? Or his work through traffic to release a player which resulted in our first goal?

Hardly saw anything of the kind from the elite rucks of the comp at similar ages.
In 120 minutes of footy he did two nice things. The mark was excellent but did you see him not have a clue what to do with the ball after it? Having said that, nobody really did anything in the last 20 minutes so I can't really accuse him of anything in the last quarter as they were all weak as piss.
Don't accuse me of not having any football intellect just because it does not conform to popular opinion on this topic. I expect more from you mate.

Agree with Bazzar.

Great intensity in the first half, great attack on the ball and the man.

Too many first and second year players who haven't done the pre-seasons to run out a game and keep up that sort of work rate.

Disappointed the score blew out in the end, but I am stoked I can see the players changing and can see the signs of what is to come.

What signs!!!!

please tell me or describe to me the sign????

Other than McIntosh, who is a reasonable to good player at best, the rest were taken digustingly low. But not our Tyrone.

Tend to agree with you tuggs on this

First half, good tough in your face, one on one footy, sign of things to come. :thumbsu:

Second half, young kids dropped off, lost their way, the (young) seniors didn’t keep the pressure. :(

Dimma would be gutted but happy, or is that happy but gutted:confused:

Either way, im upset in the loss, but im very happy I see the light getting bigger by the week:thumbsu:

Well done Tiges on what you have showed in the first half. Stick phat Tiges, big year next year.:thumbsu:

You saved me writing this Bazzar.
Good to see that someone on here has a little bit of perspective as to where our list is really at.
They really looked like a team today that just ran out of legs and this can and will be addressed with a bit more game time in a lot of the kids.

I agree it is very disappointing to capitulate the way we did but it was encouraging for 3/4 of the game.

White, Hislop.... same difference. Why we even recruited Hislop, I'll never know. Didn't even get games for Essendon. :thumbsdown:

White hasn't really been in the best for Coburg either FWIW.

Atleast Hislop gives us another forward option (since it seems Tuck isn't allowed near goal). Otherwise I'd prefer Thomson in. Missing Cousins, Foley and Connors hurts us a bit.

Plus he always goes in hard and makes the opposition hurt. I like that in a player. We needed a few mature type players at that stage which is why TW picked him up, i'd say.

Yeah, so? If Vickery ends up as good as some of those named (which he's on track for) how would he have been a waste at pick #8? Most of those are elite ruckman.

If you can now name a ruckman that came from the 2008 draft out of the under 18 system that will be as good as those named and was drafted past pick #40 I'll stop thinking you're an idiot.

Tend to agree with you tuggs on this

Careful mate. You can't dis Tyrone. I don't mind if I am alone on this at all. He might end up being OK. I hope so. But I am bitterly disappointed with what I have seen so far. I find it astounding that is untouchable on this board when every other poster goes rabid over pretty much every draftee we ever take.

Yeah, so? If Vickery ends up as good as some of those named (which he's on track for) how would he have been a waste at pick #8? Most of those are elite ruckman.

If you can now name a ruckman that came from the 2009 draft out of the under 18 system that will be as good as those named and was drafted past pick #40 I'll stop thinking you're an idiot.
I could not care less what you think of me as I am sure you couldn't care less what I think of you.
My point is that Vickery might end up being an OK player. But I am extremely disappointed that we outright wasted a top 10 pick on him when ruckman can come much cheaper as I highlighted above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyrone might become a good player, he should be compared to kruezer and he is miles ahead of our boy and not just seven draft picks ahead.

the others were speculators at best

Barnzy's right tugga, Vickery looks very good given he's a second year ruckman. They are usually some of the most unco-ordinated looking people on the planet but he's shown he's more than capable of taking a contested mark, plus he tends to do the right thing with the ball. He's aware that he's a giant and hence not going to be able to match it agility wise with many opponents, and is smart enough and composed enough to be able to keep a cool head in traffic and wait for a better positioned, better equipped player to do something constructive with the ball.

In 120 minutes of footy he did two nice things. The mark was excellent but did you see him not have a clue what to do with the ball after it? Having said that, nobody really did anything in the last 20 minutes so I can't really accuse him of anything in the last quarter as they were all weak as piss.
Don't accuse me of not having any football intellect just because it does not conform to popular opinion on this topic. I expect more from you mate.

What? He went back and hit a target. You're clutching at straws.

My accusations are more than fair. Compare him to ruckman his age and you will see his progress is good. Early picks like Mcevoy, Cordy, Roughead, Wood and Leaunberger haven't done anything of note. I don't understand how you fail to comprehend such simple logic.

I could not care less what you think of me as I am sure you couldn't care less what I think of you.
My point is that Vickery might end up being an OK player. But I am extremely disappointed that we outright wasted a top 10 pick on him when ruckman can come much cheaper as I highlighted above.

Wasted a top ten pick on him? He was rated as a top 10 prospect with the talent he had, was even going to go as high as 4 at Port. As I've pointed he has shown as much if not more than some of the elite ruckman of the comp did in their 2nd year. I really don't know what you expect of a 2nd year, 10kg undersized ruckman. Really baffling.

You say ruckman can come cheaper but you haven't named anyone we could've got in 2008 draft that will be as good as Vickery and we could've got cheaply so there goes your argument.

What? He went back and hit a target. You're clutching at straws.

My accusations are more than fair. Compare him to ruckman his age and you will see his progress is good. Early picks like Mcevoy, Cordy, Roughead, Wood and Leaunberger haven't done anything of note. I don't understand how you fail to comprehend such simple logic.
I comprehend what's put in front of me. End of story.
Oh well he at will at least run amok next week against the ruckless Hawks.

Careful mate. You can't dis Tyrone. I don't mind if I am alone on this at all. He might end up being OK. I hope so. But I am bitterly disappointed with what I have seen so far. I find it astounding that is untouchable on this board when every other poster goes rabid over pretty much every draftee we ever take.

I don't think that he is untouchable on this board but he does receive unprecedented support from some posters on here, especially when you consider the vitriol other players get from those same posters.
I agree he was taken too soon in that draft and from all reports he would possibly have lasted until our second round pick.
Brisbane screwed it for us taking Rich but I still think we need to show a bit of patience witht the kid before we destroy him.... It is not his fault he was taken at pick 8.
He has shown enough to suggest he could develop into a very good player, but I think real influence is still 3-4 years away...... The normal timeframe for most ruckmen.

I don't think that he is untouchable on this board but he does receive unprecedented support from some posters on here, especially when you consider the vitriol other players get from those same posters.
I agree he was taken too soon in that draft and from all reports he would possibly have lasted until our second round pick.
Brisbane screwed it for us taking Rich but I still think we need to show a bit of patience witht the kid before we destroy him.... It is not his fault he was taken at pick 8.
He has shown enough to suggest he could develop into a very good player, but I think real influence is still 3-4 years away...... The normal timeframe for most ruckmen.
FInally a sensible response.
Time is something I am very muich willing to give him because we gave up far too much in aquiring him not to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday discussion/vent thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back