Gameday discussion/vent thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm telling ya most of them are no good!

Sorry I didn't finished my post, i had to get my Latte!

Tell me who has footy brains (decisions making) and knows how to kick (hit targets). Not many!

That's why hardwick and his three full time recruiters plus a full time staff member who's job is to work out trades with other clubs. That person has already started talking with teams & managers.

Richmond is the third new team in the comp!

Everything you contribute is abysmally written negative bollocks...you should apologise for that, not for interrupting the flow of textual diahorrea. :rolleyes:

The truth hurts!

You & others were saying how good of a team we are, and better then Carlton, Melbourne, Freo & even hawthorn (2006)

Now, I want you to tell me, which current players are going to get us out of this mess and the 22 that will be at the club in five years time?

I will save your answer and bring it up in 5 years down the track!

And then will see who is producing diahorrea!

**** me - if I have to watch Matt White play for Richmond one more time this year I will put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
Get this useless piece of shit out of a Tigers jumper once and for all. Dont ever allow this B grade ametuer to represent this club again. He has to play out the year at Coburg, or better still retire.

You list clogging useless piece of shit.

You've been saying "He's no good", "not up to it". You have totally written him off in other threads saying he won't make it but now suddenly when you're questioned he's not a spud and "will be an ok footballer eventually". Way to backpedal to cover your ass. Pretty clear to me you have NFI and can't stick to one story.
Not up to No 8. He might end up being OK if we'd picked him at No 40. It's pretty easy to understand really. You're just an argumentitive little bitch.

Hi Guys,

watched you guys yesterday and

does Riewoldt always burn that much footy?

He dropped so many easy marks it would send me completely mental as a coach. it has to effect the guys up the ground, you hand it to him on a platter and he just murders it.

Not up to No 8. He might end up being OK if we'd picked him at No 40. It's pretty easy to understand really. You're just an argumentitive little bitch.

Nope. You've totally written him off in other threads saying he won't make it and he's shit. Now it's he has a crack and "will be an ok footballer eventually" but not worth pick 8. Please just stick to one story. :eek:

Nope. You've totally written him off in other threads saying he won't make it. Now it's he has a crack and "will be an ok footballer eventually". Please just stick to one story. :eek:
OK. How about I spell it out for you once and for all.
Vickery will be a Mark Blake clone. If we are happy with this type of OK footballer, then so be it. I am not. We could have gotten something for a much lesser pick. Not really damaging in the ruck contests and does little around the ground.
He has, so far, in my opinion been a horribly disappointing pick up for us. But he seems untouchable on here.
History shows, as I pointed out to you earlier in the thread, that you can get an elite ruckman in the rookie draft. It was your liost actually, not mine. I just confirmed it by researching their draft positions.
I'd love to know whether we would have picked him up if daddy didn't work at the club.
Is an ordinary player and is an ordinary pick-up. The most he will be is OK. And yes, he does have a crack, but he will still only be just OK. OK?

I think Vickery will be a bit better than ok...I see him as a kind of poor man's Kruezer type ruck/fwd utility...which won't be a bad thing once we're (hopefully) a better side....however I seriously doubt he'll ever be "Worth overlooking Jack Ziebell" good. Ziebell & McCulloch in lieu of either one of the pointless Hislop & Thompson trades would've done the trick quite nicely in giving us another classy midfielder and a most likely serviceable ruckman.

OK. How about I spell it out for you once and for all.

Okay, thanks. Got a bit confusing with all your different stories. First he won't make it and he's shit, now he will make but just be okay. Confusing.

Vickery will be a Mark Blake clone. If we are happy with this type of OK footballer, then so be it. I am not.

Vickery has many things over Mark Blake so I don't get your comparison. For one, a football brain, secondly agility and speed and thirdly skill. Ottens is more of a comparison for mine with the way he plays and his attributes.

We could have gotten something for a much lesser pick. Not really damaging in the ruck contests and does little around the ground.

He's not really damaging in ruck contests and does little around the ground because he's in his 2ND YEAR and is 10-15kg UNDERSIZED. How can you not get that? You think he's just not going to improve from this point on? As I've pointed out his statistics are on track and are par with some of the most elite ruckman of the competition in their 2nd year. Don't you think it's a bit early to call too? Rightly or wrongly.

He has, so far, in my opinion been a horribly disappointing pick up for us. But he seems untouchable on here.

I think he's tracking along nicely. I don't know what you expect of a 2nd year ruckman. They develop a lot more slowly than midfielders, you show know this.

History shows, as I pointed out to you earlier in the thread, that you can get an elite ruckman in the rookie draft. It was your liost actually, not mine. I just confirmed it by researching their draft positions.

Ahh yes but not everyone can be so lucky. Our rucks stocks were deplorable, we wanted Hartlett but he got snapped up at 4, it came to our pick and Vickery was pretty much best available. He was very highly rated pre-draft.

I'd love to know whether we would have picked him up if daddy didn't work at the club.

Did you really just say that? :eek:

I know I give the club a bit over drafting/trading and rightly so but fair dinkum do you think they went, "this kids dad John works here, we better take him or he will be angry". "We may not want him but now we have to take him".....:confused::eek:

Is an ordinary player and is an ordinary pick-up. The most he will be is OK. And yes, he does have a crack, but he will still only be just OK. OK?

I disagree. He has great attributes as I listed before and will be a very good player IMO. Will prove he was worth pick 8 but he's not going to do that in the first 2 years like a Ziebell will and like you seem to think he should? :confused:

Ruckman take time so you have to give him time. He's done very well so far with no guidance from senior ruckman in the team and the fact he's still undersized and up against it. As I said, dunno what you expect, his numbers are on par with other elite ruckman in their 2nd year. He's not Nic Nat/Kreuzer who are freaks hence why he didn't go #1 or #2.

It was still quite a baffling decision at the time for me, when you consider Simmonds had just had a very good season and there was no indication that he was about to suddenly go to shit so completely. On that alone we could've easily nursed a late pick ruck for a few years...remembering also that Pattison (who I never rated but anyway...) was still part of our plans. All moot I know in light of what's since transpired, but still makes you wonder just how much we actually thought things through....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, thanks. Got a bit confusing with all your different stories. First he won't make it and he's shit, now he will make but just be okay. Confusing.

Vickery has many things over Mark Blake so I don't get your comparison. For one, a football brain, secondly agility and speed and thirdly skill. Ottens is more of a comparison for mine with the way he plays and his attributes.

He's not really damaging in ruck contests and does little around the ground because he's in his 2ND YEAR and is 10-15kg UNDERSIZED. How can you not get that? You think he's just not going to improve from this point on? As I've pointed out his statistics are on track and are par with some of the most elite ruckman of the competition in their 2nd year. Don't you think it's a bit early to call too? Rightly or wrongly.

I think he's tracking along nicely. I don't know what you expect of a 2nd year ruckman. They develop a lot more slowly than midfielders, you show know this.

Ahh yes but not everyone can be so lucky. Our rucks stocks were deplorable, we wanted Hartlett but he got snapped up at 4, it came to our pick and Vickery was pretty much best available. He was very highly rated pre-draft.

Did you really just say that? :eek:

I know I give the club a bit over drafting/trading and rightly so but fair dinkum do you think they went, "this kids dad John works here, we better take him or he will be angry". "We may not want him but now we have to take him".....:confused::eek:

I disagree. He has great attributes as I listed before and will be a very good player IMO. Will prove he was worth pick 8 but he's not going to do that in the first 2 years like a Ziebell will and like you seem to think he should? :confused:

Ruckman take time so you have to give him time. He's done very well so far with no guidance from senior ruckman in the team and the fact he's still undersized and up against it. As I said, dunno what you expect, his numbers are on par with other elite ruckman in their 2nd year. He's not Nic Nat/Kreuzer who are freaks hence why he didn't go #1 or #2.
Fair points. I was being sarcastic about the father thing. We will agree to disagree about this. This issue is not going to be resoilved for a year or two yet anyway. Until then, everyone knows how I stand on this and I will criticise his games if I think it is warranted. Similarly I have no problem praising him if I think he deserves it.

It was still quite a baffling decision at the time for me, when you consider Simmonds had just had a very good season and there was no indication that he was about to suddenly go to shit so completely. On that alone we could've easily nursed a late pick ruck for a few years...remembering also that Pattison (who I never rated but anyway...) was still part of our plans. All moot I know in light of what's since transpired, but still makes you wonder just how much we actually thought things through....
Baffling for me too. But hey what can you do?

Tyrone seems very composed in pack situations and as someone mentions earlier this is a trait I think all modern ruckmen require. He is basically like another mid that can extract the pill to our runners. His tap work will hopefully improve once he puts on some size but I he will never be a great tap ruckmen.

Anyone that doesn't recognise that he has the making to be a good and serviceable player doesn't know a lot about footy.

If we had of gone Ziebell, which would have been a great pick up, who would be our ruckmen now? It was a need that we needed to address and we did.

Here's your perspective, clown:

Sandilands: pick n 33 in the ROOKIE draft
Cox: pick no 28 ROOKIE draft
McIntosh: pick No 9
Jamar: pick No 6 ROOKIE draft
Hille: pick no 40

Other than McIntosh, who is a reasonable to good player at best, the rest were taken digustingly low. But not our Tyrone.
So you can ram your perspective up your ****ing arse.
i could be wrong here tugga but im pretty sure tyrone did not pick himself at 8 the richmond recruiting department did :eek:

Some ruckmen are rated high enough as a junior to be taken with early picks.

Josh Fraser, Michael Gardiner, Cam Wood, Leuneburger, Brad Ottens etc.

If you need a good ruckman, sometimes you need to pay dearly.

You can't always get them in the rookie draft.

Yeah it would be great if we could develop Cox and Sandilands as rookies. We don't have that luxury.

I have no problem with us taking him at 8. I really like what I have seen so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday discussion/vent thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back