Gameday Thread Carlton vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

You think its acceptable to let a team get to within 7 points after being up by 9 goals?

It's not ideal, but what is acceptable is the way the kids stepped up when it got that close. The commentators called it beautifully when Bower took a mark & played on, ultimately resulting in the goal that eased the pressure. Gibbs, Grigg, Betts, Bentick, among others, also stepped up at that time & with Judd willing himself to contests, were able to wrest control of the game back from the Eagles. That is a good sign.

It's not ideal, but what is acceptable is the way the kids stepped up when it got that close. The commentators called it beautifully when Bower took a mark & played on, ultimately resulting in the goal that eased the pressure. Gibbs, Grigg, Betts, Bentick, among others, also stepped up at that time & with Judd willing himself to contests, were able to wrest control of the game back from the Eagles. That is a good sign.

All good,

what we did tonight with a bunch of kids is extraordinary,
and i am genuine when i say it.

Don't water this,
everyone had a dip,
and played a part.

Fantastic win for PP.

Yep, i loved that play by Bower. When he took off, i just thought that the bloke knew exactly what the team needed to do to win. We needed to go out there and win it, not try to save it. Really set the tone i thought.

Can't under-estimate how vital that goal from Simpson was. Not just because it was the start of our run at the end, but becuase it was quick ball movement and a great finish after hard running from Simmo. Really changed the momentum.

I have been a critic, but I have to admit good efforts tonight from Russell and Bentick. Just need to really improve on their disposal. Great first half from Russell and played back as well as forward.

Dissapointing in the second half, but fought back well. Good win Blues!

37 point win in perth and people on this board are crying...U R Kidding?
Wake up to yourselves...

Great effort by a young group...Shows how much we have grown, to fight back after being challenged...(last year we would have lost)

People on this board have no clues...

GO YOU BLUE BOYS

37 point win in perth and people on this board are crying...U R Kidding?
Wake up to yourselves...

Great effort by a young group...Shows how much we have grown, to fight back after being challenged...(last year we would have lost)

People on this board have no clues...

GO YOU BLUE BOYS

You are spot on. We went into the game as unlikely favorites, a situation that has found us out in the past (see Round 12 last year). Up against a team containing 12 premiership players, on a ground we hadn't won on since 2001, having only won 1 game outside Victoria in the last 6 seasons & we go home 37 point winners. I don't think we should ask more than that from a team containing 11 players with less than 50 games experience. What were people expecting? I tipped us to win by 32 points, so they exceeded my expectations.

Does anyone know why Natanui was in the Carlton changerooms after the game? Saw him outside the ground just before he went in there. Supposedly was in the Port's rooms a few weeks back too. Just shopping himself around already? He'd have to be pretty likely to go No.1 - so likely to Melbourne.

Does anyone know why Natanui was in the Carlton changerooms after the game? Saw him outside the ground just before he went in there. Supposedly was in the Port's rooms a few weeks back too. Just shopping himself around already? He'd have to be pretty likely to go No.1 - so likely to Melbourne.
Apparently he was there before the game aswell.

Great win from the Blues. I would have loved to see a four quarter performance, but we still came away with a win and that's what we wanting at the end of the day.

I think he might actually be a blues supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday Thread Carlton vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back