Preview Gameday Thread. Hawks Vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone tell me what our coaches are thinking? we have the best dual full forward partnership in the league, why aren't they playing at least one of them out of the square, seriously, whats the point of drafting players with any sort of ability when your not going to play them in a manner that will take advantage of their strengths.

Disappointing effort from all out there on the part but our structures are all wrong.

Put buddy and roughy in the forward 50 with ozie at their feet...... everyone else can start out of the 50.

As soon as we drop a key forward anywhere near the square two swans players man them up- if buddy and Rough are in the 50 you can guarantee there's 6 Swans back there, dragging our guys forward and then opening up the ground for the turnover.

Galon

it would be frustrating being a tiger supporter... but at least they can predict a result!

HOW do we gain any optimism when we play like this! WHen we threaten good teams one week... get a result stolen from us! THEN LOST THE PLOT WHEN OUR PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENCE gained from 10 strong weeks!

its freakin pathetic! we are mentality really weak - our team
haha, thanks for at least giving me laugh today.

I think we look terribly flat. Not uninterested, but we are just being out run, and our endeavour to get to the next contest looks lost.

My only explanation is the current block of heavy training we're going through. It's bound to effect the way in which we cover the ground, but today everything has been magnified. We've looked really poor by foot, can't stick a tackle and our ability to even get our hands on the ball is well below standard.

Is it because of the training load, or is it mental? I reckon it's a bit of both at the moment. But we definitely look poorly.

Think the lack of tackling pressure stems from the tight confines that they are far better at using. Such a congested ground means every time one of ours turns around there is a Swan laying a Shepherd.
The question is, wheres our shepherding?

Name and shame, players who aren't up to it!

Might as well, hawthorn pack your bags and start playing for next week no chance coming back from here. The worse performance I have seen this year. Pathetic!!!

• No forward structure at all
  • No leadership today from any of our senior players
  • Sorry Clarko, but the decisions made about bring in MOSS, Suckling and Taylor did not pay off
  • Backline is shockin, our midfield did not even exist
  • Suckling sorry mate your not up to it, delist him
  • Moss ...................same as above
  • Lewis needs to play in the 2's has been playing the 3 worse games of his life. Either the coach decides to play him in the midfield or just trade him. His not a forward!
  • Bateman.. Where are ya today??? No sight of his run.'

can someone tell me what our coaches are thinking? we have the best dual full forward partnership in the league, why aren't they playing at least one of them out of the square, seriously, whats the point of drafting players with any sort of ability when your not going to play them in a manner that will take advantage of their strengths.

Disappointing effort from all out there on the part but our structures are all wrong.

Put buddy and roughy in the forward 50 with ozie at their feet...... everyone else can start out of the 50.

Why would we do that when we can play Suckling, WhiteX (last week) and lewis forward? Don't you know anything about coaching.

And Playing Peterson (in the backline!!) at BH is also a masterstroke. What better way to turn a natural forward into an awkward defender, whilst we have (semi) natural defenders/on-ballers clogging up our forward 50 in the firsts....

But seriously, is it so hard for Stubborn Al to replace 2 c-grade running flankers with 2 a-grade key position forwards in our F50?

I think we look terribly flat. Not uninterested, but we are just being out run, and our endeavour to get to the next contest looks lost.

My only explanation is the current block of heavy training we're going through. It's bound to effect the way in which we cover the ground, but today everything has been magnified. We've looked really poor by foot, can't stick a tackle and our ability to even get our hands on the ball is well below standard.

Is it because of the training load, or is it mental? I reckon it's a bit of both at the moment. But we definitely look poorly.

Yeah, that training load will hold us in good stead for the upcoming pre season, Just AS CHANGA KICKS A GOAL!!!!!!

Why are we bothering with a training load for Sept when w might not even be there

Just so. We've looked tired in the last couple of games. Teams ramp up their training leading up to the finals, may be taking a toll on game day. We'll finish in the top eight but I badly want to avoid a final in sydney. May have to tank a game to organize that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we bothering with a training load for Sept when w might not even be there
That's the chance you'd have to take.

What if we got to the finals with a big win of Sydney etc, but then failed in the finals because we didn't condition ourselves in the weeks proceeding?

That's just one of the things that the coaching group would have to ponder.

And I'm not saying that todays loss is by design, but there's more to it than just lazy footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back