Preview Gameday Thread. Hawks Vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tails has been as handy as having a third dick. Watching this is very difficuly.

Hodge is injured. Get him off as we are gone.

Missing Campbell Brown as much as Squirell.

Just need to see a lift in intensity, that's all we can ask for.

I wouldnt mind throwing Josh Gibson onto the ball for a bit of grunt.

Hodge injured? I hope we aren't trying to use this as an excuse, he has been plain beaten today (though unlucky that Gay Chamberpain paid that trip!)

Gibbo is one of very few who can hold his head high, as was the case last week as well.

can we please stop with the "kick it long to a 3 on 1 contest"? we're turning the bloody thing over every 2 out of 3 attacks forward.

can someone tell me what our coaches are thinking? we have the best dual full forward partnership in the league, why aren't they playing at least one of them out of the square, seriously, whats the point of drafting players with any sort of ability when your not going to play them in a manner that will take advantage of their strengths.

Disappointing effort from all out there on the part but our structures are all wrong.

Put buddy and roughy in the forward 50 with ozie at their feet...... everyone else can start out of the 50.

Pressure non existant, letting them kick uncontested goals, kick it out from full back and chip it wide till we are 50m out from our defensive goal then just go wide and turn it over.

Round 22 2007 all over again, just embarassing.

they just look as though they have no idea how to play the ground.

one thing i have noticed is that THERE IS NO TACKLING PRESSURE WHATSOEVER!!!!

on another note, i am willing to start a cause to have Kelli Underwood and the channel 10 cameraman burnt at the stake.

Time to take a deep breath, get back to basics and see what we can salvage from this game.

It has been embarrassing, without question, but it is how the players respond that will be the measure.

It's time to make a stand.

Regarding Lewis,

For what it's worth, i'm fairly sure he's being used as a forward tag on malceski. While Lewis hasn't gotten the pill much (4 touches), malceski has hardly had his usual impact on the game either (8 touches) so I'd say he's doing the job that's been assigned to him.

Don't individualise, especially the bloke (Lewis) playing a defensive fwd role when his side is being flogged. The big problem, it seems to me, is that we've stopped winning clearances. Last week we got well beaten in that area, but Port didn't finish us off until the last 10 minutes. This week the Swans are doing the same, expect they're going forward to kick goal after ****ing goal. It always looks awful and inept when you don't win the ball first. Good news is that we can't do any worse in that area, so onwards and upwards!!

I have been one of the most positive posters in here for a long time even during the 6 game losing streak, but i,m off now this it crap, we are playing like a team that does not want to play finals we are playing like a team with issues all over again.

I've been with you Macdaddio for the past 15 weeks - like you I have supported the troops through the losing streak. Often

Don't give up

this is the worst we have played all year from every perspective

not one player can say they have won their contest

time to stop playing the "we gotta see if they can play" game - we pick our best 22 - no way is Suckling and Moss up to it and we need to find a real ruckman because Renouf is a relief ruckman at best and Taylor should only get games if everyone is injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, maybe as a small consolation, North WERE ahead of the Dockers by 40 pts, they are now only 11 pts ahead.. I refuse to watch our game anymore, I muted those two tosser commentators, now I am going to watch the NM/Dockers game..Can't be worse than ours..If NM win this, they are a good chance of making the 8..We don't deserve to make the 8..In fact, our players look, tired, injured,disinterested and don't give a toss about the members and supporters..We have more passion and love for club than they do!!
Hodge doesn't look right to me, the past two weeks. He must be playing injured.Mitchell has been pathetic, in fact is there ONE player that stands out today for us?? I don't think so...Well, back to Freo/North game..We will lose by at least 10/12 goals.. Nothing will change after half time, you can guarantee it..
Sorry I am so negative, which btw I think our players are, they know how long it has been since we have won at that ground..Looking forward to a good match tonight.Would be surprised if those two teams didn't give their all!!

Time to take a deep breath, get back to basics and see what we can salvage from this game.

It has been embarrassing, without question, but it is how the players respond that will be the measure.

Were you thinking hotdog or kebab?

Yep changes at selection sucked!

OUT: Moss Suckling Taylor Ladson
IN: Hooper Peterson Skipper Brown

Make it happen!!!

No offense to Suckers or Moss, I think Moss is pretty good actually, but now is not the time to be trying these guys out!

Taylor is just not as good as Skipper as an all round ruckman - Hope ppl see this now.

Laddo couldn't tackle a tackle bag at the moment, seen 3 swans just brush him aside already.

Clarko's presser should be fairly interesting. Oh, and yes it's the SCG and I was almost expecting a loss, but that doesn't explain the complete lack of run, tackling and just general ticker!

EDIT: And FFS leave one of our forwards forward Clarkson!!! First goal in second half.....yaaaay :rolleyes:

Play hard, play tough, stay on your man and give them no room. Run your guts out and make the defenders accountable by leaving our gun forwards in the forward line. Should get the Kokoda strip on in the second half, but Demetriou won't allow that.

Mitchell, Sewell, Burgouyne, Hodge, Bateman, Young apparently this is a midfield to be envied...they are getting smashed by kids that want the ****en balll...weak as piss :thumbsdown:

Regarding Lewis,

For what it's worth, i'm fairly sure he's being used as a forward tag on malceski. While Lewis hasn't gotten the pill much (4 touches), malceski has hardly had his usual impact on the game either (8 touches) so I'd say he's doing the job that's been assigned to him.

Yes you are right - does have a specific role. May be I am just being too critical :eek:

Maybe we should move this gameday thread to the mustard pot.
Isnt that the place for comedy related threads like these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back