GameDay Thread v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

**** YES!!!!!

CARNNNNNN THE DONS!!!!

I ****ing laughed when I heard the commentators say "St Kilda actually looked like they were going to run away with the game at the start of the 4th because they actually started to run and carry and go long to tall targets" as opposed to the ****ing ugly brand they currently play.

There's a lesson to be learned there Aints! Hawthorn had the "perfect" zone gameplan in '08 (adapted from Sydney) which teams manage to break down in '09, teams will be doing the same this year based on St Kilda's '09 blueprint.

Never in doubt.
lol bs :p

Well played Essendon, the best team won today. Good luck for the rest of the season (until we meet again).

450346-jake-melksham.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Myers in the midfield was good today as well. Amazing Knights what happens when you play players in their right positions!

An average player has an average game anyway?

[youtube]sQwL6gLTcxE[/youtube]

v8hu0w.jpg

Terrible commentary on that game in general. They sounded more amateur than the Channel 10 commentary team.
Don't you EVER knock Brian Taylor. EVER!

The following is the best commentary I have ever heard. If this doesn't make your skin crawl then you're not human.

ps: for a Pies man he made a damn good effort to be excited against his club.

[YOUTUBE]aWzZH9DnFfY[/YOUTUBE]
Try and listen without watching. JB, BT, Spud, Gazza = UN****ING BELIEVABLE.

An average player has an average game anyway?

Was very good in helping Jobe out after halftime. He was good in the guts! Here is a tip Knights- play him there. He was only average when played in defense. Was extremely impressed when he was played in the middle.

Was very good in helping Jobe out after halftime. He was good in the guts! Here is a tip Knights- play him there. He was only average when played in defense. Was extremely impressed when he was played in the middle.

Im not getting it. He had 0 clearances. I havent watched it on tv so i may have missed some in close stuff.

Don't you EVER knock Brian Taylor. EVER!

The following is the best commentary I have ever heard. If this doesn't make your skin crawl then you're not human.

ps: for a Pies man he made a damn good effort to be excited against his club.

[youtube]aWzZH9DnFfY[/youtube]
Try and listen without watching. JB, BT, Spud, Gazza = UN****ING BELIEVABLE.

Such an unbelievable game. Great commentary too.

I won't harp on it too much, as we won, but the umpires were beyond terrible yesterday.

I counted 4 St Kilda goals that were a direct result of poor umpiring. They were constantly shepherding, pushing and wrestling our guys off the ball; it was like watching Hawthorn out there.

There was a boundary throw-in down the Coventry end (our goals), where two Saints players were decking Alwyn and holding him down on the ground as it was being thrown in. The umpires did nothing, and allowed play to continue. The fourth umpire ran out to separate them, but where was the free kick? At the very least that's a free kick for shepherding off the ball, let alone holding him down and roughing him up.

In the end we won, so it doesn't really matter, but I was laughing for most the match at the decisions; by the time the fourth quarter came around, I was livid. I couldn't believe these guys were professional umpires.

Oh well, as I said. Great win :thumbsu:

All of them were there, and there were 2 or 3 that weren't paid before that. Saints were playing really "unsociable" football. The likes of Hayes were playing with dignity, but a lot of their little antagonists (Baker, Milne) were continually roughing up our players off the ball. Milne gave away 2 50m penalties in the space of a quarter, and should've had two before that.

I could be wrong, but I remember at least 4 of those (and possibly all 5) being in the second half; they continued to violently molest us, but to me it was a bit of the old attempt to make up for previous mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

GameDay Thread v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back