Game Day Gather Round 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting seeing how it has played out.

Story I heard from a good Govt source was that Mali and our special events team approached the AFL initially to create this. Have been working with the AFL to get it up.

No other State was ever getting it, and we were always having it for multiple years.

Personally was sceptical about the event, especially with the Government funding. But walking around town Thursday and Friday the buzz and activity is worth it. Plus it has been well supported. Not just by locals but people coming here from interstate.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting seeing how it has played out.

Story I heard from a good Govt source was that Mali and our special events team approached the AFL initially to create this. Have been working with the AFL to get it up.

No other State was ever getting it, and we were always having it for multiple years.

Personally was sceptical about the event, especially with the Government funding. But walking around town Thursday and Friday the buzz and activity is worth it. Plus it has been well supported. Not just by locals but people coming here from interstate.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The family had a birthday lunch at The Bath in Norwood today. It was a great atmosphere, full of Hawks supporters (and one or two GWS fans), and footy team balloons. The hotel would've been pretty happy with the turn out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't do games in regions. If I was coming from interstate I'd want my team playing at Adelaide Oval or a place like Norwood and get to as many games as possible.

I think the concept of exploring the wine regions can happen either side of the weekend.

The round isn't about taking the game to the people. It's about having as many football people in the one place at the one time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Gather Round 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back