Gawn and Grundy - a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows how good the dees are going to drop the second best ruckman in the game behind Gawn while the pies have Darcy Cameron and Goggles trying to do a job. It’s all apart of the storey, Brodie.

How good is Collingwood going that they can afford to pay a AA ruckman to pay VFL for another team, because they have a 20 year old who is better than Petracca and Oliver combined, while they sit on top of the AFL ladder?

Shows how good the dees are going to drop the second best ruckman in the game behind Gawn while the pies have Darcy Cameron and Goggles trying to do a job. It’s all apart of the storey, Brodie.
Grundy’s recruitment has been an unmitigated flop for the Dees. Pies are laughing, even though we are still paying a small component of his salary. I know I’m laughing my head off. Your club stuffed up. Just own it Fitzey.

How good is Collingwood going that they can afford to pay a AA ruckman to pay VFL for another team, because they have a 20 year old who is better than Petracca and Oliver combined, while they sit on top of the AFL ladder?
If Oliver and Petracca were seagulls they would go alright aswell. Nick is a good player but unlike every other media article, this thread isn’t actually about him.

Grundy’s recruitment has been an unmitigated flop for the Dees. Pies are laughing, even though we are still paying a small component of his salary. I know I’m laughing my head off. Your club stuffed up. Just own it Fitzey.
He played alright against Collingwood from memory, hasn’t worked as good as I’d hope but he’ll be fine after a spell.

If Oliver and Petracca were seagulls they would go alright aswell. Nick is a good player but unlike every other media article, this thread isn’t actually about him.

The thread is not about Darcy Cameron or Collingwood then, which is the post I responded to from you. I guess you couldn't really counter what I said ¯\(ツ)

This seagull is beautiful, dominates the contested possession count , tackles like a machine , evades opponents like no other , those chips on Sandringham beach are good eating for this Seagull

This seagull is beautiful, dominates the contested possession count , tackles like a machine , evades opponents like no other , those chips on Sandringham beach are good eating for this Seagull
He’s the best player Collingwood have ever had there’s no doubt about that, he looked quite overrated against the Dees but most players do against a good side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s the best player Collingwood have ever had there’s no doubt about that, he looked quite overrated against the Dees but most players do against a good side.
This thread isn’t about Daicos.

It’s about Melbourne’s recruitment F up. 4 years to go too. Let’s stay on topic please 😂

This thread isn’t about Daicos.

It’s about Melbourne’s recruitment F up. 4 years to go too. Let’s stay on topic please 😂
Im happy with the recruitment, he’s having a down patch, that’s alright. He’ll come back after a couple weeks and probably win the coleman. I can wait.

Grundy can't play forward and Gawn is a better #1 ruck. Feels like a net loss IMO.
This is pretty much it and the reverse applies. Both are great ruckman and in are in the top handful in the AFL.

It's down to poor list management choice by Melbourne. And also poor management advice from Grundy's manager.

I think Melbourne felt Gawn's body was struggling to hold up so wanted to ease the load on him. With not much available in that KPP role I think they thought grabbing Grundy with that price helped keep the ruck domination going that they'd lose with the cheaper option.

It's a tricky spot when your in the window and when you lose a player like Jackson the media can be just as brutal when your not bringing players in to replace them to keep it rolling along.

Feel like there's a fair bit of overreacting going on in here (what's new, lol).

Grundy has been fine this year (save for his complete inability to defend). If anything, he's been a little better than Gawn.

The problem is that Gawn has been horribly out of form as he was brought back too quickly from injury, and has a history of taking a while to find form when he gets injured in-season. People are conflating that lack of form with Grundy's presence, rather than the injury, which is making it look like the partnership is working poorly.

I imagine the thinking with dropping Grundy is that they give Gawn a couple of weeks of full-time rucking to hopefully recapture that form, then re-introduce Grundy so that they're both playing at full capacity come finals time. Not ruling the tandem to be a failure just yet.

Feel like there's a fair bit of overreacting going on in here (what's new, lol).

Grundy has been fine this year (save for his complete inability to defend). If anything, he's been a little better than Gawn.

The problem is that Gawn has been horribly out of form as he was brought back too quickly from injury, and has a history of taking a while to find form when he gets injured in-season. People are conflating that lack of form with Grundy's presence, rather than the injury, which is making it look like the partnership is working poorly.

I imagine the thinking with dropping Grundy is that they give Gawn a couple of weeks of full-time rucking to hopefully recapture that form, then re-introduce Grundy so that they're both playing at full capacity come finals time. Not ruling the tandem to be a failure just yet.
You could be a politician man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawn and Grundy - a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back