G'day from USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2004
Hotlanta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
UGA, KSU, Knox C.C
Hi there - I'm an Aussie living in the US, and a lifelong cats' fan. Figgered I'd come and introduce myself on the team board. Spewing I'll miss the chance to see 'em in Finals action back home, but it's great to see the boys do well after a few years of frustration. Can't see them dropping any more than two or three this late in the game, but my fingers are crossed anyway!

this is my first post here (i'm usually on the cats claw forum) but i just thought i'd say that i'm in the UK currently and i enjoy watching my weekly footy update here on sky sports 3 on a friday night at 7.. it's a week late but it's better than nothing!

i actually paid $60 or whatever it was when i first got here in april to be able to watch full match replays via the AFL site and i've watched a few so far but unfortunately the place i'm at at the moment has an awesome whizz-bang computer but windows media player is f**ked so i can't watch the replays until it's fixed (and i have no idea how to fix it myself!)

copernicus i'm heading back to melbourne especially for the finals (i was meant to be coming home in december, but changed it to september.. the 3rd.. hehe.. could very well be playing that same night!) i just hope that we don't get belted out in the first week cause then i will be wishing i was still over here in the UK! or worse still.. having to play interstate (although that looks unlikely at the moment)

anyhoo there's my first post so yeh :D nice and long too!

Originally posted by MilburnforPM
but unfortunately the place i'm at at the moment has an awesome whizz-bang computer but windows media player is f**ked so i can't watch the replays until it's fixed (and i have no idea how to fix it myself!)

Are you running Windows Media Player 9? I've found with older versions of WMP the video can come out scrambled. Either way best to reinstall from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Howdy, well for the bloke who asked where I am, I'm in the south - in the city of Atlanta. big place! About as big as Melbourne I guess. I have to tell you that the interest in Aussie rules is minimal - most big cities, if not all, have teams running though - usually Aussie expats, but the game is growing. In a country of 300 million, though, it takes more than one small-fry team in each city to stir much interest or following. I think it'll catch on in the future, though. It's the kinda game I can see the yanks following, given their rather short attention span (which I can assure is true as far as generalisations go!). I don't understand their baseball fixation - it's even slower than cricket, but I suppose it lasts for a lost less time!

They don't screen games on cable here - I have friends in LA who get one or two games a week, but the company I'm with doesn't have any at all, so I had to pay the $60 like Milburn's mate did to get access to the games, which has been pretty handy. It's good to see the boys playing such hard, tough footy - and the skills are 5 times better than last year! We'll go well in the finals I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day from USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back