GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDFL footy is a terrible standard of football!!! I have no respect for players that think there guns in that league until they step up with the big boys!!
well what a ******** u r franky09 u have no idea there r loads of top quality players in the gdfl and up against the gfl they wld be on par or even better u need 2 study the players b4 opening ur big gob

Well said Spider! He tried to tell that story on K-Rock sports briefs and management pulled it after one phone call to Haami. Why would he be playing if he had a problem? He loves the club and the direction we are heading in. Belmont will be very strong on and off the field in the upcoming years! Good juniors coming through helps as well. Haami is a club legend and a great person. Milky Mahoney is a disgrace and an absolute joke!
Agree completely.Why he is still paid to get on radio is anyone's guess?

I know its a very heavy subject for bigtooy but would like peoples thoughts on what would happen to GDFL clubs if Raiders is reduced in size due to the new legislation in pokies. As you may be aware the league kicks in $40k p.a. to each club which comes directly from pokies profits.

My thoughts are that we could see a reduction in clubs by at least 2 in the Geelong region or players would have to get used to less coin.

I know its a very heavy subject for bigtooy but would like peoples thoughts on what would happen to GDFL clubs if Raiders is reduced in size due to the new legislation in pokies. As you may be aware the league kicks in $40k p.a. to each club which comes directly from pokies profits.

My thoughts are that we could see a reduction in clubs by at least 2 in the Geelong region or players would have to get used to less coin.

Talking to a couple of people I know within pokie venue management/boardmembers and they seem to believe Buckleys will be very well placed to keep all their machines, with a possibility of increasing their stake. I have to agree that if "dividends" decreased, clubs could be forced to the wall. Rivalries and crap aside, I would hate to see any club go under because of this. Imagine if players had to play for less coin... we would never hear the end of it:D

Spider36
Hey mate,
the locks will be fixed next week.

Cheers LCT. Was there tonight. 26 on the Auskick track. All looked good with the LIONS jumpers on. 8 Senior players down there taking training... don't think I've seen PUNCHY that excited since...well never:thumbsu:

I went easy on you before because you were a newbie. Now I'm just convinced you are a very, very simple man. We didn't pay for it. The league gave every clubb $100,000, to be matched by the council for ground improvements. As there is no way possible to extend our rooms, the council won't let us build a netball court and we just got new lights...
Didn't I tell you not to bother me again? Now it goes double... bugger off back under your rock:thumbsdown:

Good on ya tough guy, u talk tough over the net but even though your 8ft 10i and weight 170kg bet u wouldnt bak it up face 2 face

Good on ya tough guy, u talk tough over the net but even though your 8ft 10i and weight 170kg bet u wouldnt bak it up face 2 face

Why would I want to fight a 15 year old? Run out of dumb things to say so now you've got to stoop as low as having a crack at my appearance?
I would say come to the Den today, but we don't need idiots like you around stirring up trouble. Atleast everyone knows who I am. I don't hide behind a forum name. Do something, somewhere, before you threaten me. You are a disgrace....

gdfl4eva your life must be boring if you get worked up over comments made on here. Maybe you need to find yourself a man/woman or beast to ease your tension

16.13-109 Belmont Lions def. by Corio 25.12-162
Billy Nicholls kicked 10 Goals, Anyone go to the match? Got the result off Sporting Pulse.

Bell post hill beat Inverleigh by 6 points

Bannockburn beat Winch by 48 points

Thomson beat East Geelong by 5 points

North Geelong beat Anakie by 10 goals

Werribe beat Geelong West by 12 goals

I didn't know that you lost weight over the summer spider.

Well done

Thanks KOSMOS. I thought the weight to scale ratio was a little tough myself. Didn't realise my ego carried so much weight. Does that mean if I train online, I'd be cyber fit? At 170kgs, any fitness would be great:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16.13-109 Belmont Lions def. by Corio 25.12-162
Billy Nicholls kicked 10 Goals, Anyone go to the match? Got the result off Sporting Pulse.

he only kicked 9, came off at the end. i wish he'd kicked 10 though.. was at about 60% fitness as well.. was hobbling all game. sensational effort.:thumbsu: Leigh Clifford kicked 5 and was lively.. Shane Manning was one of Corio's better players as well.. they looked very, very good yesterday.

he only kicked 9, came off at the end. i wish he'd kicked 10 though.. was at about 60% fitness as well.. was hobbling all game. sensational effort.:thumbsu: Leigh Clifford kicked 5 and was lively.. Shane Manning was one of Corio's better players as well.. they looked very, very good yesterday.

I have to disagree about Manning, Bourky23. I thought he did **** all. Billy put on what can only be described as a clinic in how to play football. Big shout out to my drinking buddy from Banno:).

Anyone have news on how bad Nathan Lewis injury is? Would be big loss!

Have heard that it isn't as bad as first thought.

Got a good view of North Geelong this weekend, they are the real deal and will topple a few "top 5" clubs.

If we can win a few more games Saliba is a chance for the Neville, will have polled well in all our games.

once again im putting the call out 4 the great city tiger... does any1 kno where he is... a few ppl ive spooken 2 from around the traps want him back on big footy...has a mod kicked him off?

Have heard that it isn't as bad as first thought.

Got a good view of North Geelong this weekend, they are the real deal and will topple a few "top 5" clubs.

If we can win a few more games Saliba is a chance for the Neville, will have polled well in all our games.
nth geelong look great they have some real quality players and are a very young team,they look a very close bunch of guys and i think there a real threat this year,franks got them very fit and very disciplined :)

i will not make a judegment until north beat a good team. there are a few more injurys at bph grgic out for a few weeks with a hamstring. martin could be out for a couple of weeks and venner 2 miss another 2 weeks.

Thought Bill may have got the chocolate's with his 10 goal display, must have been a fair game from Rick! (I know you'll be reading this Rick). I feel they will be creating havoc all season. Their game against the Lewisless BPH will be interesting, with a rumour of more than 1/2 dozen quality senior players to miss many weeks? Anyone?
North cruising, although their tough run begins soon. Jury is out until round 12.
A Spengler to corio is also the late mail? Devils?
A weakness may have been discover at Banno, their defense. Whinch slipped 17 through the big ones, a solid effort.
Thomson, quality shone through. East, seem slow out of the blocks, and are paying dearly.
Big O Lewis had another day out, bagging 5. Just not enough though, but they are hovering.

Thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back