GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with this as well. it makes for a better competition but the league is still not as strong as it was previously.

Agree comp better for eveness and finally games are not as predictable but for teams individual strength it has dropped away. Thomsons team of last year would destroy all this years contenders and if you think back to werribees 2004 side they would smash everyone as would the corio sides that were runners up these years.

I really believe the hill are the only side from last years finalist that have improved, though i am biased.

Agree comp better for eveness and finally games are not as predictable but for teams individual strength it has dropped away. Thomsons team of last year would destroy all this years contenders and if you think back to werribees 2004 side they would smash everyone as would the corio sides that were runners up these years.

I really believe the hill are the only side from last years finalist that have improved, though i am biased.
i think bannockburn have improved as well. some of their younger kids have come on more as well as mullane grant being back. but the bannockburn team running around at the moment is nowhere near as good as the bannockburn team the played in 6 grandfianls in a row from 1996 to 2001 and then winning again in 2003.

why r we arguing about whos gunna win da flag

if u look at it bell post have just smashed thomson and beaten banno so i cant see whos gunna beat em

belmont arent serious and east glg arent dat good

bell post on song will beat neone so no agurment needed

jt = supastar

why r we arguing about whos gunna win da flag

if u look at it bell post have just smashed thomson and beaten banno so i cant see whos gunna beat em

belmont arent serious and east glg arent dat good

bell post on song will beat neone so no agurment needed

jt = supastar
The flag race is wide open homeboy. there is little doubt bell post hill have the talent to win the flag but unfortuantely it's been shown this year that bph lack discipline as well. it only takes one peannut to do his nut in a grandfinal and it will can cost the whole team.

moreland 5 goals from the goal square wot a supastar :thumbsdown:

alex hill for falcons 08
conivince me somehow that this isnt u moreland, coz obviously this person is from bell post hill by the way they contantly talk bell post up, and im sure a bell post hill supporter wouldnt give thumbs down to his own club mate.

People always say that the standard is dropping whereas I dont agree. Some teams have dropped away but others have gotten better and overall for mine the strength of the league is about the same it is just a lot more even with no single standout team.

As others have said the GFL and BFL are pretty even but does this mean they are weaker than 10 years ago when North Shore and Ocean Grove dominated. I dont think so.

Howdy fella's, A few of you have gone a bit quiet of recent times... Maybe your fine tuning your posts for a bit of finals banter! Over a the "den", it's official... We've taken the lid off it! A big hello to all the Lion King fans that i bumped into over at TommyTown on Sunday... The froffies were lovely but the entertainment could have been "Jazzed" up a bit!

Howdy fella's, A few of you have gone a bit quiet of recent times... Maybe your fine tuning your posts for a bit of finals banter! Over a the "den", it's official... We've taken the lid off it! A big hello to all the Lion King fans that i bumped into over at TommyTown on Sunday... The froffies were lovely but the entertainment could have been "Jazzed" up a bit!
tell us lion king what's it feel like to finally realise that belmont are going to play finals?

tell us lion king what's it feel like to finally realise that belmont are going to play finals?
Well Kooley, I'm excited! Some may not remember, but its only 4 years since we played finals. We won an elimination final then, lost to Bannockburn, who went on to win it. On another note, what does the forum think about Noel Fanning? In his article in the record on Saturday, he talks about the enjoyment you get out of being involved with the 1 club your entire career, Then on the radio, spouts off about having seen a year of GDFL football, he can't work out why more young GDFL players don't go and play GFL, and used "Leigh Harding" at Lara as an example. Is Noel paid by the league to promote our clubs or recruit for Newtown? The sooner we cut the embarrasing footy show the better. The only thing it benifits is this amateur "home movie" makers pockets. :thumbsdown:

Well Kooley, I'm excited! Some may not remember, but its only 4 years since we played finals. We won an elimination final then, lost to Bannockburn, who went on to win it. On another note, what does the forum think about Noel Fanning? In his article in the record on Saturday, he talks about the enjoyment you get out of being involved with the 1 club your entire career, Then on the radio, spouts off about having seen a year of GDFL football, he can't work out why more young GDFL players don't go and play GFL, and used "Leigh Harding" at Lara as an example. Is Noel paid by the league to promote our clubs or recruit for Newtown? The sooner we cut the embarrasing footy show the better. The only thing it benifits is this amateur "home movie" makers pockets. :thumbsdown:
fanning's write ups in the addy are a disgrace. the man is an absolute buffoon of the highest order

good luck to belmont, i hope they do well :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fanning's write ups in the addy are a disgrace. the man is an absolute buffoon of the highest order

good luck to belmont, i hope they do well :thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more with the write ups as even the gaol kickers and best players weren't accurate on Monday and the write ups were obviously done from the sanctity of someones lounge room.

Get the basics right Geelong Addy.

Couldn't agree more with the write ups as even the gaol kickers and best players weren't accurate on Monday and the write ups were obviously done from the sanctity of someones lounge room.

Get the basics right Geelong Addy.
the league has the cash to employ maybe 2 or 3 cadets to cover the games on a saturday. this is just another area the competion really needs to improve on. the gdfl should be pushing for a two page spread in the addy on a monday and this can only be done if they co-ordinate the coverage of games better. :thumbsdown:

Where is all the sides going to finish?

Looking at the draw can Bann finsh on top?

Will it be East Belmont or can BPH finish top?

Anyone think East ?

What a great couple of rounds?

Who will be standing tall on 15th Sept?

I just wonder?

Anyone think East ?

I just wonder?

One thing for certain Thomson will finish 5th winning their last 2 games.

As for the others Belmont will split the last 2 rounds (losing to Bannock)and finish 4th, BPH will do the same (beating Anakie and losing to East) and finish 3rd leaving the game between Bannock and East as the pivotal game. Whoever wins on Saturday will finish on top and for mine this is the Grand Final preview.

One thing for certain Thomson will finish 5th winning their last 2 games.

As for the others Belmont will split the last 2 rounds (losing to Bannock)and finish 4th, BPH will do the same (beating Anakie and losing to East) and finish 3rd leaving the game between Bannock and East as the pivotal game. Whoever wins on Saturday will finish on top and for mine this is the Grand Final preview.
does anyone give thomson a chance to go for three in a row or would have anakie ben a better proposition in the finals if they had got their act together a little earlier in the year?

Anyone think East ?

I just wonder?

I think maybe east myt finish top with hill second but east have banno and hill last two rounds tough games
cum grand final day bannockburn vs bell post hill u wud think coz top 3 shud b east, banno, bell post and i think east will get found out

does anyone give thomson a chance to go for three in a row or would have anakie ben a better proposition in the finals if they had got their act together a little earlier in the year?

Any team that would discount Thomson does so at their own peril. Although not playing the best football at the moment they still have a core of the side that has made them the best side over the last 3 years. Hyland, Maheras, Harriott, O'connor, Dowie, Ercoli, Bradley, McLeod etc and not to mention Gardner who is back from injury in the coming weeks.

They might not win the whole thing from 5th, but they WILL cause upsets.

I think maybe east myt finish top with hill second but east have banno and hill last two rounds tough games
cum grand final day bannockburn vs bell post hill u wud think coz top 3 shud b east, banno, bell post and i think east will get found out

With 2 rounds to go you would think if East were going to get found out it would of happened already dont you?

Who is suited by the St Albans ground?

Not Belmont
Not Thompson

Maybe not even BPH.

I would say it out of Bannock, East and BPH

With 2 rounds to go you would think if East were going to get found out it would of happened already dont you?

Who is suited by the St Albans ground?

Not Belmont
Not Thompson

Maybe not even BPH.

I would say it out of Bannock, East and BPH
Why not Belmont? They made East look 2nd rate earlier this year. Harder,faster & keener. Why would this change at St Albans? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back