GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nathan lewis would have won league best and fairest if he didnt get reported those 2 games..... his the best on the comp
The medal hanging around Haami's neck say's otherwise.. Here's a slap of reality.. come Sunday night, either Bannockburn or Bell Post Hill's season is over! :cool:

The medal hanging around Haami's neck say's otherwise.. Here's a slap of reality.. come Sunday night, either Bannockburn or Bell Post Hill's season is over! :cool:
Who would rather play outa of BPH or Bannockburn Pres, because I have gut feeling East with give you guys a real good working over on Saturday?

Just about had a gutfull of everybody shitting on the Lions. Sure, the odd bloke has given the 'congratulations on the effort' speech, but nobody gives Haami and the boys even half a chance, even though they've got two shots at it.
To finish top of the ladder if a fair effort, one that commands a bit of respect that I don't think is being entertained by any of the remaining opposition.
Have a look at St Albans on Saturday, you'll see a performance by a league best and fairest and guns such as Canavan, Tait and Gallagher star on the big stage.

Just about had a gutfull of everybody shitting on the Lions. Sure, the odd bloke has given the 'congratulations on the effort' speech, but nobody gives Haami and the boys even half a chance, even though they've got two shots at it.
To finish top of the ladder if a fair effort, one that commands a bit of respect that I don't think is being entertained by any of the remaining opposition.
Have a look at St Albans on Saturday, you'll see a performance by a league best and fairest and guns such as Canavan, Tait and Gallagher star on the big stage.
Dont worry champ I understand that the hierachy at East is giving them plenty of respect especially considering that they knocked them off earlier this year.

Saturday should be a cracker and I will definitely be one of the crowd there to watch.

Dont worry champ I understand that the hierachy at East is giving them plenty of respect especially considering that they knocked them off earlier this year.

Saturday should be a cracker and I will definitely be one of the crowd there to watch.

I will also be there and expect to see a close game. I dont think East can play like they did last week 2 weeks in a row.
I have also heard East are giving the lions the respect.

What ever the outcome there will be a club in the Grand Final that either won 4 or 5 games last year. The clubs should be commended.

As a previous post said BPH or Bannock will be gone after sunday which would be a huge let down for either club.

I will also be there and expect to see a close game. I dont think East can play like they did last week 2 weeks in a row.
I have also heard East are giving the lions the respect.

What ever the outcome there will be a club in the Grand Final that either won 4 or 5 games last year. The clubs should be commended.

As a previous post said BPH or Bannock will be gone after sunday which would be a huge let down for either club.
of course east will be giving belmont the respect they deserve.

what are the tips

Belmont V East
Bannockburn V Bell Post

Who are the keys? And who will make the difference in these games?

Is it just me, or is it fact that players of "name" will attract votes regardless of the outcome of some games.
In saying this, I do not begrudge Haami on his medal win, as his team did finish minor premiers.

Clayton Trotter received either 1,2 or 3 votes in games where they were beaten by - 50, 60, 62, 113, 71, 91 & 81 points. How can the opposition not have 3 dominant players when winning by those margins?

Others to include
R1- Spngler 1 vote in 101pt loss
R2- Muir 1 vote in 90pt loss
R4- Muir 2 votes in 110pt loss
R5- Fastuca 1 vote in 12 goal loss
R7- Hardingham 2 votes in 85pt loss
R8- Melville 2 votes in 115pt loss
Even Broom (very good player) in R11 (2 votes) against BPH. I saw that game, and other than Z Hic and a late flurry of goals, they were totally outplayed, yet only 1 BPH player managed votes.

And the list goes on.

The umps cannot get the field of play decisions right, without having to do the votes as well!

what are the tips

Belmont V East
Bannockburn V Bell Post

Who are the keys? And who will make the difference in these games?
I am sticing with my pre-finals tips of East and Bannock in the 2nd week of the finals.

Again the East forwards with plenty of room will prove too much for Belmont along with a much better functioning backline than they have had all year. Will be interesting to see who goes with Haami and whether he goes to Skrobolak if he starts to get on top last week. They have previously played on each other in former lives.

Bannock will bounce back after last weeks shock and prove to classy for BPH. Have heard that Watts will play after a late flight back from Brisvegas.

I am sticing with my pre-finals tips of East and Bannock in the 2nd week of the finals.

Again the East forwards with plenty of room will prove too much for Belmont along with a much better functioning backline than they have had all year. Will be interesting to see who goes with Haami and whether he goes to Skrobolak if he starts to get on top last week. They have previously played on each other in former lives.

Bannock will bounce back after last weeks shock and prove to classy for BPH. Have heard that Watts will play after a late flight back from Brisvegas.
How old is Ronnie Watt?

Would this be his first senior game for the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not entirely convinced about that. The margin will be close, but I think in BPH's favour. On a good day, their talls will be too much to handle.

Did hear that the Bannok boys kicked on a bit after Monday night's count. Not sure what they were celebrating?

East, after last weeks display should be too classy. But everyone keeps writing off Belmont, and they keep winning in response.

Not entirely convinced about that. The margin will be close, but I think in BPH's favour. On a good day, their talls will be too much to handle.

Did hear that the Bannok boys kicked on a bit after Monday night's count. Not sure what they were celebrating?
East, after last weeks display should be too classy. But everyone keeps writing off Belmont, and they keep winning in response.

obviously making the most of the free piss. looks another warm day at st.alban's so it will be good to see the bannockburn boys sweating it out.

belmont losing today proving that they werent as good as their position suggested although you still have to get 5 goals up so maybe the big choke was on

great day for bph losing all 5 games footy and netball for the day even though 3 netball sides didnt lose a game for the season:thumbsdown:

Someone better tell Belmont about this plan 'cos they could not be happier than to be playing east... They match up very well with them. East have an outstanding forward line and Belmonts backs are very solid. I think Belmont forwards with Tate and Canavan are better than what east have got down back, But can Belmont match East's onballers? I can't wait :D

Hopefully East win the on Saturday will shut you up Lion King. Fair enough Belmont had a great first half but after that what they served up was a joke. The behavior of their supporters during the first half was a disgrace and only proved to spur East on. Lion King could you please tell your supporters a good half doesn't win a game of football and don't be so arrogant unless you're sure the game is over!

Anyone think Belmont will play off in a grand final?

Watched the game today, good contest for 3 quarters, then the old self-destruction button was pressed for BPH. Down by 2 goals going into the last, 3 shots on goal which ended out on the full in the first 5 mins of the term, a little pressure from Bannock, and 2 yellow cards, resulted in a comfortable win to the Tigers.
It's now down to three! East will start flag favourites.

Hopefully East win the on Saturday will shut you up Lion King. Fair enough Belmont had a great first half but after that what they served up was a joke. The behavior of their supporters during the first half was a disgrace and only proved to spur East on. Lion King could you please tell your supporters a good half doesn't win a game of football and don't be so arrogant unless you're sure the game is over!

Anyone think Belmont will play off in a grand final?
Whilst on the Belmont supporters what about the t-shirts, a good look but a little premature maybe. In regard to their first half behaviour they did get carried away to the point where I overheard them discussing GF celebrations but they got a good lesson in the second half and I am sure they will keep it in check next week. Like the team the supporters must have benefited from the finals experience.

On the game Belmonts first quarter and half was fantastic but when they went in at half time only 4 goals up they must have got nervous because when the game restarted it was like the teams had swapped jumpers.

A defeat like that will have to have shaken their confidence and I cant see them recovering in time to win next week.

Finally for all who saw it where do you rate the bump of Chamberlain on Picket and the other Belmont guy. I put it up as one of the cleanest and best bumps I have seen in country footy.

I've seen some shocking jumper clashes in my time...but the East Geelong- Belmont one almost takes the cake...

A maroon jumper with a yellow motif and yellow numbers...white shorts barely made a difference...

Watching from the little hill at the school end...trying to get an idea of who had the footy at the Buckley's end was almost impossible...

Thoughts?

the self destruction of bph was sad to watch but i think banno will now go on and win the whole thing. finally easts win proved that belmonts ladder position does not reflect how they stand in the comp and banno will thump east this week. i hope east win but they wont

I've seen some shocking jumper clashes in my time...but the East Geelong- Belmont one almost takes the cake...

A maroon jumper with a yellow motif and yellow numbers...white shorts barely made a difference...

Watching from the little hill at the school end...trying to get an idea of who had the footy at the Buckley's end was almost impossible...

Thoughts?
Couldn't agree with you more FTB. Belmont have changed the jumper a couple of times over the past decade and still the clash remains.

I understand that they do have a white "clash" jumper but they did finish on top so had the right to wear their normal jumper and East have only got the plain marron number to wear which they changed to a couple of years ago to avaid the clash with Thomson.

I dont think they will meet again so we wont have to worry about the clash again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back