GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone gives us a run down (Maybe Lion King:D) on the behaviour the belmont supporters (what were they doing) and the t-shirts?

Well boy's, What a weekend. Firstly let me start by congratulating East Geelong. They weathered the storm and deserve to be the first team into this years grand final. Having said that, all's not lost for the young Lions. Their first quarter and a half were fantastic. Canavan will come back into the side this week and will give them a bigger target down forward. I think Stobba going into the ruck was a turning point and maybe Horribin should have followed him. Now lets address the supporters... Surly it was a better atmosphere than Sundays "Funeral parade"! Ok, we may have got a bit ahead of ourselves, But at 11.2 to 2 goals.... The jumper clash, Belmont have an "away" strip, the yellow jumpers. Having waited so long to be minor premiers, East should have had an obligation to source another strip (maybe skins)! Lastly, The hit on Scott Pickett was a ripper! 6 stiches later.. but he'll play this week. As Flat Track Bully signs off with.... The beatings made me wise!

congrats to east geelong,belmont and bannockburn on making it this far.... but im not using this as an excuse but bph did have 6 injured players and did struggle..... but a very undisiplined team.

my tip is east geelong as they have pumped bannockburn in previous times and fought hard to beat belmont

congrats to east geelong,belmont and bannockburn on making it this far.... but im not using this as an excuse but bph did have 6 injured players and did struggle..... but a very undisiplined team.

my tip is east geelong as they have pumped bannockburn in previous times and fought hard to beat belmont

wouldnt have mattered it was terrible effort by bph in last quarter two out on fulls and tarry missed easy one killed them

banno to best east this week and banno in the GF to win

wouldnt have mattered it was terrible effort by bph in last quarter two out on fulls and tarry missed easy one killed them

banno to best east this week and banno in the GF to win

A couple of posts ago you were all over East and now that Bannock beat BPH you are all over them. Does you selection depend on who beats BPH?

Well very interesting now. Fistly cograts to East Geelong they deserve to have a crck at the flag. BPH and Bann was a good hard game until about 10 min into the last qrt when the hill lost it. They will say they had inj which they did but to give up and give so many frees the club really needs to have a good look at themselves. Lewis what happened there should of got 6 - 8 weeks? Who will coach next year as Boofa has told them he only wants to play. Think they really let something special slip. Banno V Belmont saw the game and think Banno will run all over them. Lion King that side is only suited to a small ground you got smashed on the big ground. One qrt of footy and that was it. East V Banno gf to close to call looking forward to the 15 Sept.

Well very interesting now. Fistly cograts to East Geelong they deserve to have a crck at the flag. BPH and Bann was a good hard game until about 10 min into the last qrt when the hill lost it. They will say they had inj which they did but to give up and give so many frees the club really needs to have a good look at themselves. Lewis what happened there should of got 6 - 8 weeks? Who will coach next year as Boofa has told them he only wants to play. Think they really let something special slip. Banno V Belmont saw the game and think Banno will run all over them. Lion King that side is only suited to a small ground you got smashed on the big ground. One qrt of footy and that was it. East V Banno gf to close to call looking forward to the 15 Sept.

From my vantage point, they were still using the bench in the last quarter. Another poster claimed that up to 6 were injured. Thats a third of the side! Any names known? I simply thought their kicking for goal early in the last, under pressure was the turning point.

Who cares !!!!
Lets talk about the teams that are in the finals.
Who will win out of Bannock V Belmont and WHY?
Bannockburn will win as basically they are the better side. Also Belmont will also be getting over the shock of turning a 56 point lead into a 21 point loss.

Bannockburn will win as basically they are the better side. Also Belmont will also be getting over the shock of turning a 56 point lead into a 21 point loss.

Agree, but the first half will be a struggle. If Belmont have that lead against Bannok, I don't think the Tigers have what it takes to turn such a margin around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I care, any off field news about clubs not participating in this years finals is more than welcome on a open forum.

Put it on hold you clown and get onboard a side that make the business end of finals.
Who cares about next year when the most important part of this year is here.

Put it on hold you clown and get onboard a side that make the business end of finals.
Who cares about next year when the most important part of this year is here.
Settle down peannut if people want to talk issues other than finals then so be it.

For the record Cori Andrews has been reappointed Werribee Centrals coach for 2008.

What about the BFL grand final this Saturday, should be a great game, what is every ones thoughts on it, Power should win on there current form. Does anyone know whats going on with the Ricky O'Toole investigation and Ocean Grove players, should be an interesting outcome.

There is no need to get nasty, Skrobba! Save some of that "nervous" energy for Saturday week big fella.

Next weekend i wish i was skrobba for the day. Unfortunitly i will be on the wing with a can in hand cheering the boys on.
Although i cant be out there i am in a miuch better position that the tools that want to talk about 2008 signings.

I will say it again "WHO CARES"

A couple of posts ago you were all over East and now that Bannock beat BPH you are all over them. Does you selection depend on who beats BPH?

no im saying because i watched both games and I think that bannockburn at their best will beat anyone. The way bph played on weekend blue west would have beaten them. Banno are a good unit and should beat BELMONT this week and then overcome east

2007 Flag!!!

Firstly East were lucky to get over Belmont, ask any of those boys if they thought they had a chance at 11 goals to 2 down (and that was without Haami having any major effect on the game!),.... secondly a point that no one has mentioned is that Belmont had no bench at half time, so for all those critics that say belmont ran out of legs... perhaps you are right, but perhaps there were other factors that you were unaware of. As for who is going to win the flag...
If there is one thing this year of footy should have taught all of you its that any team team can win on any given day. Bannock are a brilliant side when on song, but Belmont have plagued every team this year with their guts and determination and judging on the form they showed against East who smashed Bannock only a couple of weeks ago, it would be foolish for anyone to consider Bannock as big favourites.
Best of luck to whomever plays the best on Saturday....

Re: 2007 Flag!!!

Firstly East were lucky to get over Belmont, ask any of those boys if they thought they had a chance at 11 goals to 2 down (and that was without Haami having any major effect on the game!),.... secondly a point that no one has mentioned is that Belmont had no bench at half time, so for all those critics that say belmont ran out of legs... perhaps you are right, but perhaps there were other factors that you were unaware of. As for who is going to win the flag...
If there is one thing this year of footy should have taught all of you its that any team team can win on any given day. Bannock are a brilliant side when on song, but Belmont have plagued every team this year with their guts and determination and judging on the form they showed against East who smashed Bannock only a couple of weeks ago, it would be foolish for anyone to consider Bannock as big favourites.
Best of luck to whomever plays the best on Saturday....
No bench at half time they appeared to have changes happening in the 2nd half including at least 2 guys who went off injured in the last and were replaced by 2 others. To me that appears to be a bench.
Seems that the losers from the weekend have trotted out the same excuse.

What about the BFL grand final this Saturday, should be a great game, what is every ones thoughts on it, Power should win on there current form. Does anyone know whats going on with the Ricky O'Toole investigation and Ocean Grove players, should be an interesting outcome.
Take it the GFL board mate. This is a thread purely devoted to the GDFL. The reason this thread was begun in the first place was because smartarse GFL and BFL posters were hanging shit on anything concerning the GDFL.

Next weekend i wish i was skrobba for the day. Unfortunitly i will be on the wing with a can in hand cheering the boys on.
Although i cant be out there i am in a miuch better position that the tools that want to talk about 2008 signings.

I will say it again "WHO CARES"
I thought you sounded like a spectator. Take it from me clown not one East player will even give you a side-ways glance when they win the Grandfinal.

OK this week...

Bannockburn to win...

why? Finals experience...simple...

Belmont had too many players that were found wanting last week when the blowtorch got applied...

Yes, a win in round 16 is all well and good...but that means jack poop come Saturday.

Bannockburn have momentum...I would rather be playing in a prelim off a 1st semi win than a 2nd semi loss.

I can't see the Tigers allowing such a margin as last week to occur...

Bannockburn for mine...and no jumper clash in the grand final...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back