GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the scary thing is he actually looks a hell of lot older than 42. Are you sure he is not older?
he would be at least 42 which i am i thought he was a year older than me didnt he win 7 bf in a row at east belmont went to newcomb and won it in his first year ?

Have to agree with you about Haami there.

I can't believe Rod Dubbledam is still playing. He is a freak. Had the privilage of playing with him back in the 90's and he is the sort of bloke who sets the example to everyone with how he trains and plays. He is 42 what an effort. It seems you have quite a few youngsters playing for you, they could learn a lot off him.

Probably part of the reason why Belmont Lions have been terrible in the last few years. Fair enough it's good to have experience around the club and on the track but the younger blokes should be given a chance to prove themselves. The club will only improve by playing the youngsters and sending old farts like him back to the 2's. Just my opinion anyway.

Probably part of the reason why Belmont Lions have been terrible in the last few years. Fair enough it's good to have experience around the club and on the track but the younger blokes should be given a chance to prove themselves. The club will only improve by playing the youngsters and sending old farts like him back to the 2's. Just my opinion anyway.

Agree, he is taking the place of a good young fella.

I'm glad to hear the Lions have started the year off well but lets not get carried away too early. For years and years and years Belmont have been a pathetic excuse for a football Club and as for their shithole of a ground, well that's another story. By the sounds of it Corio were very undermanned so lets judge Belmont's progress when they face the likes of Thomson, bannockburn and Bell Post Hill.

Well boys, I don't know why i'm paying Haami at the moment... While others around Geelong think his coaching Belmont, We all know its the Big Footy GDFL forum actually doing the job! Rod Dubbledam dropped to the 2's for the first time ever came straight from this page... Well coached fellas.. Next thing we've gotta fix is that shithole ground... $300000 from the Mayor, Bruce Harwood in next months city budget should fix the rest of the "Resort" up! Improvements i'd like to see are the removal of 1 of the visitors showers and halve the size of the visitors change rooms.. Gee, the view from the top of the ladder is good! Keep up the coaching "gold"
boy's :)

Hey did anyone see the Belmont - Inverleigh reserves game yesterday? That Andrew Block for Belmont in the backline looks like a real find...shut down his opponents all day looks set to be the next big thing

Hey did anyone see the Belmont - Inverleigh reserves game yesterday? That Andrew Block for Belmont in the backline looks like a real find...shut down his opponents all day looks set to be the next big thing
wow :D
nice first up post andrew.

Did anyone go to the East Geelong vs Werribee centrals game?
Were east that good or are werribee that bad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I caught the last half of Thomson V BPH. Good game to watch, never much in it. Thought Thom were going to overrun BPH, but two late goals sealed it. BPH defence terrific, Thom midfield on top.
Thought it would have been game of the round. Anyone?

It will take a good side to beat East this year. They're pretty good.

I seen the first 3 quarters and was very impressed. Looking forward to seeing them against Bannockburn in 2 weeks.
Best forward line in the league.

I agree BPH V Thompson should of been match of the round. Who care about Corio V West (NOT ME)

I seen the first 3 quarters and was very impressed. Looking forward to seeing them against Bannockburn in 2 weeks.
Best forward line in the league.

I agree BPH V Thompson should of been match of the round. Who care about Corio V West (NOT ME)
Pretty solid backline and on-ball division as well.

Totally agree with you newton i was there east had 7 goals on the board before werribee knew what hit them. werribee had a day they would rather forget. :mad:
Don't worry about Centrals they're going through a massive rebuilding stage. They have some quality young kids and an under 18 side which is jammed packed full of talent. It might be a year or two but they have now have good foundation to build to become a force again. East on the otherhand have recruited heavily and it will be interesting to see if these players are in for the long haul.

I caught the last half of Thomson V BPH. Good game to watch, never much in it. Thought Thom were going to overrun BPH, but two late goals sealed it. BPH defence terrific, Thom midfield on top.
Thought it would have been game of the round. Anyone?

I must say I watched the first half and was very impressed with the Bell Post Hill team I thought their backline held up very strong with plenty of rebound footy unfortunetely I had to leave at Half Time. Does anyone know of their backline players if so who? and which ones impressed?

Don't worry about Centrals they're going through a massive rebuilding stage. They have some quality young kids and an under 18 side which is jammed packed full of talent. It might be a year or two but they have now have good foundation to build to become a force again. East on the otherhand have recruited heavily and it will be interesting to see if these players are in for the long haul.
I agree, noticed alot of young talent out there, you say a couple of years and they will be a force again, but in say 2 years the club could possibly lose Calbert, Beck, Wallace and Fastuca, you look at those names all very solid contributers with Fastuca the stand out, but you lose those guys in the next couple of years and the club will in my opinion not be able to come back from those loses for at least 5 years.

I must say I watched the first half and was very impressed with the Bell Post Hill team I thought their backline held up very strong with plenty of rebound footy unfortunetely I had to leave at Half Time. Does anyone know of their backline players if so who? and which ones impressed?

there backline starts with there skipper glen hammond, then u have brad martin who started but didnt finish. Micky Majevic plays off a half back flank/back pocket. David popovski is probly the main man on the half back flank, kicks out most of the time but destroys opponents. Will be good to see BPH V North Geelong this week as north havnt won a game yet and BPH undefeated

there backline starts with there skipper glen hammond, then u have brad martin who started but didnt finish. Micky Majevic plays off a half back flank/back pocket. David popovski is probly the main man on the half back flank, kicks out most of the time but destroys opponents. Will be good to see BPH V North Geelong this week as north havnt won a game yet and BPH undefeated

I think that Bell Post Hill have a really good mix this season with the new recruits. The good thing is that they are a young club with many young players in their early 20s so if they can keep em then there will be a few big seasons ahead for Bell Post Hill i think. I wouldn't just write North off this early they may very well bounce back soon but you couldn't see them beating a very strong Bell Post Hill outfit this weekend. Solid Midfield and Backline should prove too strong for the likes of Elzinga and Elsey to kick a big enough score for North.
My Tip Bell Post Hill by 32 pts.

Bell post hill do look like they have the right mix to go all the way this year. Also Thompson put up a great effort to only loose by a small amount even at BPH. Dont write off the Thomy tigers yet.

Spoke with a East supporter yesterday and they are very excited about there start to the year, lets hope they can keep it going. They play Bonnockburn in two weeks which will be a big test and will give us and idea if they are the real deal.

Bell post hill do look like they have the right mix to go all the way this year. Also Thompson put up a great effort to only loose by a small amount even at BPH. Dont write off the Thomy tigers yet.

Spoke with a East supporter yesterday and they are very excited about there start to the year, lets hope they can keep it going. They play Bonnockburn in two weeks which will be a big test and will give us and idea if they are the real deal.
east will destroy bannockburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back