GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Tom Perrot from who was part of the 2006 Torquay side is back playing this week for East. He has been injured since round 2 or 3 . Will be interesting to see what the big left footer can produce after a long lay off.

Does anyone think he can make a difference come finals time for East?
I watched him round 2 against Werribee and he was very impressive, espescially his work in the centre. He doesn't look like a player but he goes alright. He could get found out on the St.Albans with his lack of leg speed.

I watched him round 2 against Werribee and he was very impressive, espescially his work in the centre. He doesn't look like a player but he goes alright. He could get found out on the St.Albans with his lack of leg speed.
A bit of "ducks and drakes" at East as I didn't see him named in todays paper.

A bit of "ducks and drakes" at East as I didn't see him named in todays paper.

Sorry I may of got it wrong. I would imagine after 10 weeks out he would come through the 2nds.

Also a stong rumour that Skrobolak and Sinklair wont play

Sorry I may of got it wrong. I would imagine after 10 weeks out he would come through the 2nds.

Also a stong rumour that Skrobolak and Sinklair wont play

Skroba's dodgy groin's finally caught up with him...Maurice Stevenson returns and Mick O'Leary could be back sooner than expected from a broken jaw.

Finally any truth in the rumour that they have had to put the hat around to ensure Haami stays on for next year.
It's because of comments like these, that the forum can tell you have little knowledge of the league. Keep listerning to drunks in pubs or jealous under achievers, The only way you'll be at StAlbans late in September is if your working in the canteen! Clown.

That may be the silliest comment of the year, because it happened when he had an accidental clash of heads with a TEAMMATE!:confused:
Exactly. it's such a clean league the gdfl i couldn't imagine a player getting his jaw broken by a king hit from an opposition player.

Exactly. it's such a clean league the gdfl i couldn't imagine a player getting his jaw broken by a king hit from an opposition player.
Just wondering kooley how centrals are travelling thats nearly a 30 goal turn around from round 1 against anakie, have they got better, and who played well for centrals didnt get there this week. Cheers

Just wondering kooley how centrals are travelling thats nearly a 30 goal turn around from round 1 against anakie, have they got better, and who played well for centrals didnt get there this week. Cheers

Centrals have been interesting this year and very dissapointing, they keep talking about the youth and so on, but looking through the paper teams seems its there older players and reserve players who have been around the place for years in the side. They dont seem to have that many kids playing. Beck Buck Fastuca Brunato, Simmonds, wallace, Thwaiites etc have been around for years. What are your thoughts Kooley is there light at the end of the tunnell or are they in trouble for a while?

Will Wallace keep his job?

It's because of comments like these, that the forum can tell you have little knowledge of the league. Keep listerning to drunks in pubs or jealous under achievers, The only way you'll be at StAlbans late in September is if your working in the canteen! Clown.
I am intimately involved with the GDFL Lion King and was advised of this via a discussion with a person well placed to comment.
Anyway I obviously struck a nerve and will therefore leave off on this.
See you in the canteen come September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who will win the game between Thompson and BPH
This game could have thompson almost out of the 5

I would have to say BPH. Thomson look to be a beaten unit last week. I still think they'll make the 5 but struggling at the moment. I think they'll be praying for Gardiner to come back from a broken arm.

Howdy fella's, Tell me why Belmont can't win the flag this year? I'm the one who's talked them up all year, but i'm starting to get the jitters... Can we dare to dream?

Howdy fella's, Tell me why Belmont can't win the flag this year? I'm the one who's talked them up all year, but i'm starting to get the jitters... Can we dare to dream?
i honestly don't think you are quite good enough but in saying that the standard of the gdfl has dropped considerably in recent years so the race for this years premiership is the wide open and anyone of the top 5 teams could win it. and even anakie if they could sneak in.

i honestly don't think you are quite good enough but in saying that the standard of the gdfl has dropped considerably in recent years so the race for this years premiership is the wide open and anyone of the top 5 teams could win it. and even anakie if they could sneak in.
You cant be serious kooley anakie are full of c@#k heads their disapline problems wouldnt cut it under the microscope of finals footy. Bell post hill vs Bannock for me in a close one.

3 Games to go. 4 teams on the same points. With thom in 5 spot.
The top five is all done but who will finish top?
I really think B.P.H are the team. They must have good depth. There u/18 3 Res 1 Sen equal 1. If they win the next two games what a last round with East. Think any side in the top 4 can win gf this year depends on what game the top sides turn up with.

Do people think the team that getsthe week off in first week of finals will benefit cause it's been a long season for all players?

Banno has some very hard games coming up. Anakie, East, Belmont.
Hill has, North, Anakie, East.
East has, Winch, Bann, Hill
Belmont has, Werr, Winch, Banno.

Looking at this who is the top 4.

My top 5
B.P.H
Belmot
Bannk
East
Thom

What do people think

3 Games to go. 4 teams on the same points. With thom in 5 spot.
The top five is all done but who will finish top?
I really think B.P.H are the team. They must have good depth. There u/18 3 Res 1 Sen equal 1. If they win the next two games what a last round with East. Think any side in the top 4 can win gf this year depends on what game the top sides turn up with.

Do people think the team that getsthe week off in first week of finals will benefit cause it's been a long season for all players?

Banno has some very hard games coming up. Anakie, East, Belmont.
Hill has, North, Anakie, East.
East has, Winch, Bann, Hill
Belmont has, Werr, Winch, Banno.

Looking at this who is the top 4.

My top 5
B.P.H
Belmot
Bannk
East
Thom

What do people think
having the first week off in the finals can often suck. sitting second or third is the place to be in a top 5.

You cant be serious kooley anakie are full of c@#k heads their disapline problems wouldnt cut it under the microscope of finals footy. Bell post hill vs Bannock for me in a close one.
i reckon anakie are as good as thomson and close to belmont. i agree they lack discipline but there have been sides in the past who have got their act together in finals.

That was the exact answer i have been thinking all year, Kooley. I thought we might take another year of development. But, I don't think i've seen a year in the GDFL where the competition has been so weak. The overall standard is down and the flag is there for the taking. :thumbsu:

That was the exact answer i have been thinking all year, Kooley. I thought we might take another year of development. But, I don't think i've seen a year in the GDFL where the competition has been so weak. The overall standard is down and the flag is there for the taking. :thumbsu:

Having said that, there are still quite a few ex-gfl/bfl players who are running around in various teams. Maybe, with an even spread of talent amongst the top 5-7 sides, the comp seems ordinary. But in reality, having anyone of the top 7 sides being able to beat each other on any given day suggests that the league is stronger.
Your statement reflects that if we don't have total domination from a few sides, then the comp is perceived to be weaker.

Having said that, there are still quite a few ex-gfl/bfl players who are running around in various teams. Maybe, with an even spread of talent amongst the top 5-7 sides, the comp seems ordinary. But in reality, having anyone of the top 7 sides being able to beat each other on any given day suggests that the league is stronger.
Your statement reflects that if we don't have total domination from a few sides, then the comp is perceived to be weaker.

Finally some sense from the big fella!
I agree with this, I reckon when 1 or 2 teams just dominate then the league is weak.. Also, look at the GFL, West on top 1 week after beating south barwon they dropped one game against a lower team and they slide back to 4th.. would this suggest the gfl is weak this year... doubt it.
I think its great that 5-7 teams can possibly win it

i agree with this as well. it makes for a better competition but the league is still not as strong as it was previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back