Geelong and Hawthorn record monumentally embarrassing 1300 page shitfight thread. (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way the Cats fans pretend they're relevant when they haven't even cracked a Grand Final berth in over 5 years.

So I just rang the Geelong Football club and told them to rescind my 30 odd year membership. They didn't take it too well... told them to get in contact when Chris Scott is given the boot.

Now I'm a tried a true Western Bulldogs member only.

Woof Woof.

It's great being the Premiers.

So I just rang the Geelong Football club and told them to rescind my 30 odd year membership. They didn't take it too well... told them to get in contact when Chris Scott is given the boot.

Now I'm a tried a true Western Bulldogs member only.

Woof Woof.

It's great being the Premiers.

Don't forget to include your VFA flags in your new sig. :$ :$ :$

turncoat.jpg

Don't forget to include your VFA flags in your new sig. :$ :$ :$

turncoat.jpg
I may as well as long as it makes you blokes melt.

How's that shiny premiership cup look? Suits me eh?

I may as well as long as it makes you blokes melt.

How's that shiny premiership cup look? Suits me eh?

LOL, you've gone into full meltdown mode. :D

LOL, you've gone into full meltdown mode. :D
Hardly, I just witnessed my team win its second ever premiership.:D

You can please yourself. If I didn't know you I could only assume you're on school holidays with your current level of posting. :$:drunk:

The club was never going to merge, I was around in 1996 and the merger was just a bit of talkback radio and a townhall meeting.
PLs tell us moar

Merger Game
The end of the 1996 season saw Melbourne and Hawthorn play each other in the last round of that season. The "Merger Game" as it was called, was a spirited contest, as it was a likely possibility that it would be the last Hawthorn vs. Melbourne contest and, as the result that Melbourne could not make the finals and Hawthorn needed to win the game by any margin to have any chance to contest the 1996 finals series, many fans saw this game as a last chance to see their team play football.

Team 1 2 3 Final
Hawthorn 3.5 10.6 12.10 15.12 (102)
Melbourne 5.4 7.6 12.8 15.11 (101)
63,196 fans went to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to see Dunstall kick 10 goals and the Hawks win by one point. In a now-famous moment of defiance to both the league and his team's board, Chris Langford (Hawthorn's full back) took off his Hawthorn jumper and proudly held it above his head while leaving the field. Prior to the game, an 'anti-merger' rally, led by Scott, was held at Hawthorn's then training ground, Glenferrie Oval.

Later in the round, Richmond lost to the North Melbourne by a large margin. This loss ensured that Hawthorn were playing in the finals. The Finals system at the time meant that Hawthorn, that finished in eighth position had to play the team that finished first, Sydney Swans in Sydney. Hawthorn would lose by 6 points and get knocked out in the first week of the 1996 finals, a week after the merger votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INB4 Chappy melts again over how its really pick 34 instead of 35..... as if we're supposed to care. :$

Damn shame the Cats need to trade their 2nd best forward in Gutflop just to get a first round pick this year. I guess list management isn't something they take terribly seriously at the Cattery these days.

PLs tell us moar

Merger Game
The end of the 1996 season saw Melbourne and Hawthorn play each other in the last round of that season. The "Merger Game" as it was called, was a spirited contest, as it was a likely possibility that it would be the last Hawthorn vs. Melbourne contest and, as the result that Melbourne could not make the finals and Hawthorn needed to win the game by any margin to have any chance to contest the 1996 finals series, many fans saw this game as a last chance to see their team play football.

Team 1 2 3 Final
Hawthorn 3.5 10.6 12.10 15.12 (102)
Melbourne 5.4 7.6 12.8 15.11 (101)
63,196 fans went to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to see Dunstall kick 10 goals and the Hawks win by one point. In a now-famous moment of defiance to both the league and his team's board, Chris Langford (Hawthorn's full back) took off his Hawthorn jumper and proudly held it above his head while leaving the field. Prior to the game, an 'anti-merger' rally, led by Scott, was held at Hawthorn's then training ground, Glenferrie Oval.

Later in the round, Richmond lost to the North Melbourne by a large margin. This loss ensured that Hawthorn were playing in the finals. The Finals system at the time meant that Hawthorn, that finished in eighth position had to play the team that finished first, Sydney Swans in Sydney. Hawthorn would lose by 6 points and get knocked out in the first week of the 1996 finals, a week after the merger votes.
.........and the merger never happened

INB4 Chappy melts again over how its really pick 34 instead of 35..... as if we're supposed to care. :$

Damn shame the Cats need to trade their 2nd best forward in Gutflop just to get a first round pick this year. I guess list management isn't something they take terribly seriously at the Cattery these days.
They could always trade a 1st for a bloke with ****ed knees that hasn't played for two years. :$

Back 2 back with Cloke on board next year while you're stuck with Vickery. :thumbsu:

Wait until compensation picks etc are done. It could end up beyond pick 40 :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
They could always trade a 1st for a bloke with stuffed knees that hasn't played for two years. :$

Back 2 back with Cloke on board next year while you're stuck with Vickery. :thumbsu:

Oh dear, it's happening again. Stabby is losing it. :straining:

Oh dear, it's happening again. Stabby is losing it. :straining:
If I'm losing it you never had it. :$

I'm actually a little embarrassed for you mate. I sincerely hope you get better soon. :thumbsu:

Woof Woof!

If I'm losing it you never had it. :$

I'm actually a little embarrassed for you mate. I sincerely hope you get better soon. :thumbsu:

Woof Woof!

The funny part was when you'd said you'd been a Geelong member for 30 years. #fullofshit

Maybe you could tell us how much better the Western Bulldogs current dynasty is compared to Hawthorn's threepeat... :drunk: :straining: :thumbsu:

The funny part was when you'd said you'd been a Geelong member for 30 years. #fullofshit

Maybe you could tell us how much better the Western Bulldogs current dynasty is compared to Hawthorn's threepeat... :drunk: :straining: :thumbsu:
k. :drunk:

Your moniker suggests it all mate. Your in no mans land as not even the bulldogs faithful would recognise you. This is about all those bulldogs supporters who have had years of heartbreak and disappointment. Its for us AFL fans to enjoy the romance of it all, but to toast yourself as a premiership fan in 2016 is bloody insulting to all the tears of the faithful last Saturday... Be ashamed of yourself mate, some things are bigger then getting a like...

Your moniker suggests it all mate. Your in no mans land as not even the bulldogs faithful would recognise you. This is about all those bulldogs supporters who have had years of heartbreak and disappointment. Its for us AFL fans to enjoy the romance of it all, but to toast yourself as a premiership fan in 2016 is bloody insulting to all the tears of the faithful last Saturday... Be ashamed of yourself mate, some things are bigger then getting a like...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back