List Mgmt. Geelong at the 2013 AFL National Draft - live Selections Nos. 16, 36, 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot see him doing well away from home , anyway if Wells has done the interviews with him and his family then he won't be on our radar at all.:eek:

All the talk over from the journos on radio has been that he has to get out of WA

Just interesting watching the draft memories videos and seeing someone like Billie Smedts, who does seem like a moron in comparison to Guthrie or GHS, is still relatively well spoken compared to most AFL players and apparently comes from quite a well respected family.
Taking Garlett as some are suggesting would be a huge mistake, here's a guy with talent to burn who has let his personal life derail his career. Someone like Lewis Taylor on the other hand has overcome a lot, his mum is in prison at the moment and his dad seems like a good guy but he had a very transient childhood by all reports, yet is now a strong independent young man working full time on a farm while playing with the Falcons. I think I know who Wells would prefer of those two.

very exciting day :D

One of these newbies could become our next big thing

And they could all be delisted in 2 or 3 years.
You just never know.

He was alleging it's a strong point of his game, giving lip, not much good though if they're drilling it through the middle more than you.

I still can't see. You seem to be putting an emphasis on certain words, but the poster didn't do that.

All the talk over from the journos on radio has been that he has to get out of WA
He had a week with Essendon after he got looked over last year and failed to impress.
He has posted good numbers in the latter 1/2 of the season with Swan Districts and maybe that's the influence of the new GF or him realising it's last chance cafe time - if he moves out of WA and the GF stays then I foresee issues.
At the end of the day I think his character traits will come through and I can't see him blossoming where he will have to be more independent away from home. Just an opinion though.

He has posted good numbers in the latter 1/2 of the season with Swan Districts and maybe that's the influence of the new GF or him realising it's last chance cafe time - if he moves out of WA and the GF stays then I foresee issues.

Or perhaps just a reflection of the fact he can seriously play.

For example - everything about Jones says he's an absolute raging bull on the field, and a bit of an Andrew Mackie type sledger. Watching him speak, he seems relatively quiet. Strange contrast.

Do you remember?

For example - everything about Jones says he's an absolute raging bull on the field, and a bit of an Andrew Mackie type sledger. Watching him speak, he seems relatively quiet. Strange contrast.

Gysenn is clearly on about the contrast between Jones' on field and off field persona.

A Raging Bull on the field with a bit of lip contrasted with relatively quiet persona off field.
What's wrong with his comment?

Gysenn is clearly on about the contrast between Jones' on field and off field persona.

A Raging Bull on the field with a bit of lip contrasted with relatively quiet persona off field.
What's wrong with his comment?

It's meto.
A bit like HP, will invent meaning if there isn't one.
Varcoe wears number 5!

I fear all the Eastern boys are going elsewhere.
McStay
Apeness
Boyd
Honeychurch
All seem to be heading interstate.
Andy Moore and Cam O'Shea are already at Port, Hayden Crozier at Freo, Harper, Adams, Mullet at NM; we just don't seem to go for them.

I've done my selections on how I think it will go.
Confident I'll be correct.

16 - Boyd. Will slide, GWS will try to be clever and not name him pick one and then completely forget to name him at all.
36 - Kelly. Apparently has gone out of favour with all clubs. Likely due to having a girls name. Haha! Sissy!
41 - Acres. Clubs will hold off picking him up and try to snare him with a higher pick (more acres = more room) yet Geelong, content with the amount of land will snare him for 41 Acres. Will move to Armstrong Creek.

very good depth this draft though, be surprising if one of these 3 don't become something and it's the perfect time to join the club with some absolute champions still around for another 2-3 years and plenty of competition at VFL level.
Huh? I thought this was talked about as a weakish draft...

I've done my selections on how I think it will go.
Confident I'll be correct.

16 - Boyd. Will slide, GWS will try to be clever and not name him pick one and then completely forget to name him at all.
36 - Kelly. Apparently has gone out of favour with all clubs. Likely due to having a girls name. Haha! Sissy!
41 - Acres. Clubs will hold off picking him up and try to snare him with a higher pick (more acres = more room) yet Geelong, content with the amount of land will snare him for 41 Acres. Will move to Armstrong Creek.

If that actually happended I would pay for the Stephen Wells statue myself!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or perhaps just a reflection of the fact he can seriously play.
And that is more to the point.

The fact Gartlett is a serious talent but no-one (either for a senior list spot or rookie spot) wanted to select him last year (and may be waivering again this year) says a bit about his off-field concerns.

I hope someone takes a punt on him. Just don't think I'd feel real comfortable if it was us.

There isn't a definite.
G said he wants Taylor, but has mail they will take Jones.

Simple enough?

Do you remember?

Your lack of reading comprehension never ceases to amaze me. Or your selective attention, whichever it is.

I fear all the Eastern boys are going elsewhere.
McStay
Apeness
Boyd
Honeychurch
All seem to be heading interstate.
Andy Moore and Cam O'Shea are already at Port, Hayden Crozier at Freo, Harper, Adams, Mullet at NM; we just don't seem to go for them.
I'd hope we'd consider Cavarra for the rookie list if he isn't picked up tonight.

Jones ay, of all the Jones's who have ever played league footy, I don't believe one has ever played for Geelong

Actually, at VFL/AFL senior level:
275 28 Jones, Bill 1897-09-19 177cm 81kg 4 1920 22y 250d 22y 274d
232 24 Jones, Bill 1887-05-11 188cm 90kg 3 1915 27y 362d 28y 11d
271 18 Jones, Jockie 1898-09-22 171cm 75kg 59 55 1920-1926 21y 236d 27y 361d
351 29 Jones, Percy 1908-01-20 179cm 2 3 1929 21y 153d 21y 160d
536 18 Jones, Ray 1924-02-17 168cm 82kg 2 1950 26y 64d 26y 71d
364 21 Jones, Teddy 1910-03-06 171cm 75kg 1 1930 20y 114d 20y 114

Jones ay, of all the Jones's who have ever played league footy, I don't believe one has ever played for Geelong
A quick Wiki search says;
Bill D. Jones
Jockie Jones
Bill H. Jones
Percy Jones
Teddy Jones
Ray Jones

EDIT: Damn SJ and his quick fingers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad